Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 5:28:18 PM EDT
After much discussion with the Wife and kids, we're seriously considering a move to Lake Havasu, AZ and kissing California goodbye.

Of course, my first thoughts also held "Any good shooting ranges/areas" within the area?

Any AZ members from Lake Havasu that I could pick their brains about the various logistics?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
You will need a boat.  Trust me.  

It gets hot there.  Phoenix-hot.

Houses aren't as cheap as they were, but still much below CA.

Make sure you can work there.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]

It gets hot there.  Phoenix-hot.

Try 10+ degrees hotter than Phoenix most of the time.  We may hit 115-116 for a couple of days during the summer, but it's pretty rare that we get into the 120s like Havasu does.

The boat comment is right on.

Oh, keep a couple of cameras around cause the pasties are simply amazing!!!  Havasu can be quite the pie-fest (on the lake, anyway).  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm right up the river from the lake. Go talk to Sam @ Sams Shooters Emp. on McCulloch.

He's got a range right at the shop. I bought my F/A Uzi from him, he's the fat bald headed guy.

He's a nice guy,but keep your hand on your wallet

Real nice town and +1 on the boat.

Edit to add: Alot of desert dwellers just hit the desert to shoot but in the summer
                 it's nice to be inside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top