Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 7:59:02 PM EDT
When the awb sunsets who is the best gunsmith in phoenix to have a ar threaded and phantom flash installed
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#1]

I don't know if he's the best in Arizona. But he does great work and will be at the Bar-Ba-Q party on 9-14-04 at Cav Arms.  Alot of us are going to have him do just what you want.

His name is Derek and his Business is AZEX ARMS. He can even build you a FN FAL if you wanted one.

And yes, I carry a G19 too!  Welcome Aboard!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:47:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Just come to the party on the 14th, all questions will be answered, all problems solved.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:53:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Mark, at Arizona Response Systems, Great refinishing jobs too.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just come to the party on the 14th, all questions will be answered, all problems solved.

Some won't be able to make it.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:27:38 PM EDT
[#5]

*coughsickleavecough*
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Mark, at Arizona Response Systems, Great refinishing jobs too.

Yeah, just watch out for him running to the Court to get an OOP if you get in his face. He's an ex-Ranger, you know....

hoooooooooaaaahhhhh....mithster!

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

*coughsickleavecough*

*coughIhavecourtcough*

At least until 4:00 or so.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:45:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Hello azexarms.
Don't understand , what do you mean ?.  The work I've seen is first class.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#9]
We've got history together.

Last year he was saying a bunch of crap on the Fal Files, so I got in his weaselly little face about it, so he ran to the Mesa City Court to get an Injunction Prohibiting Harassment so "big, mean, Derek" wouldnt call him on his Internet shenanigans.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#10]
ok, thanks, didn't mean to get personal. He does put out good work though.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:50:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Mark/ARS and Derek both do excellent work. I leave their personal issues outside the site.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:43:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
ok, thanks, didn't mean to get personal. He does put out good work though.

Yeah, I know, until late 99 I did most of it.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#13]
I coulda swore Mark was much bigger than Derek.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:28:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Mark=Ranger Cook

Any quality work he does aside, he is completely bi-polar.
All friendly one minute and a complete ass-hat the next.
When called on his internet puffing and threatening he runs crying.
But this is only first hand experience, what do I know.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:59:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Wow guys, didn't mean to rattle any cages or stir up the emotions.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#16]
www.arringtonaccuracy.com/

or

www.accuracyspeaks.com/index.html

A note on the second one from Derrick.

Accuracy Speaks Customers;
   After 27 years of service in the National Guard, I have been mobilized for duty in Iraq. I will deploy on 7 DEC 2003 and be gone for up to 18 months. I don't resent going, it is my turn. I will be in charge of a Ground Support Equipment Section(28-30 soldiers) in a Maintenance Company. We repair generators, heating/air conditioning units, laundry and shower facilities and heavy equipment (graders, loader, etc). Jake Kempton has also decided to leave Accuracy Speaks after more than 10 years service. His last day will be 23 DEC 2003.
    I have hired a new gunsmith to take over in my absence, his name is Charles Heaton. He attended Gunsmithing School at Yavapai College in Prescott, AZ. I met him there when I taught the NRA Summer School on AR-15's in 2002. He retired from the Marine Corps as a Chief Warrant Officer and received a degree in Geologic Engineering. I am confident in his abilities and experience, he will continue to deliver the quality for which Accuracy Speaks is known. If you currently have work at Accuracy Speaks, you will soon receive a letter, asking for your choice on the status of your project. You can ask, in writing, for it's return or decide that Mr. Heaton  should complete your project. If you decide to have the project returned, please bear in mind, work may have been started and the project can be returned incomplete with an invoice for work done.
   My wife Cheryl will take over as Office Manager. She will handle Accounts Receivable and Payable, as well as the Parts Company. Please be patient,if there are problems, as she must learn as she goes. This deployment caught us all off-guard and there was almost no time for her to learn the things I do automatically. She has been an office manager in a
legal firm, and managed a Gun Store in New York, it should not take her too long to learn this. She's smart, that's why I married her.

Thanx and Good Shootin'
Derrick

God Bless and send them all home safe soon.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:30:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Does anybody know of anybody in Phoenix (preferrably central or west Phoenix) that's great at working on AR15s? I'd like to get a barrel change done here soon.

There was a guy named Sam Depetris here at around 19th Ave and Bethany Home here in Phoenix that specialized in AR-15 work. I've called him and left a message on his voice mail asking if he'd be available for a barrel change out, but I've gotten no response and I keep getting his voice mail. He actually works out of a shop at his house and is fairly close to me so I was hoping to have him do it when I finally get my new unbanned barrel.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#18]
you can try Steve Allred at Action Magic Gunsmithing located in Shooter's World (28th Ave/Indian School).  he can do anything that can possibly be done with an AR, and his prices are reasonable.  
he does all my stuff, and i'm a certified armorer for chist's sake....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Man, buy the tools and do it yourself.  A barrel change is easy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1
Needed:
1 upper reciever vice block.
1 barrel nut wrench/ AR multi tool.
1 roll pin punch.
1 gas tube tool or good grip.
1 basic mechanic ability
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:15:37 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
you can try Steve Allred at Action Magic Gunsmithing located in Shooter's World (28th Ave/Indian School).  he can do anything that can possibly be done with an AR, and his prices are reasonable.  
he does all my stuff, and i'm a certified armorer for chist's sake....

+1
Steve does an excellent job.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:05:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Needed:
1 upper reciever vice block.
1 barrel nut wrench/ AR multi tool.
1 roll pin punch.
1 gas tube tool or good grip.
1 basic mechanic ability

I'd buy the tools and do it myself, but this will most likely be the only time I ever have a barrel change done on my AR. I've had it 4 years now and the only thing I've done barrel wise was have it converted from an HBAR to an M4 profile, and well, I think barrel dismounting/mounting was included in that by Kurt. I'm not a guy that's likely to buy multiple types of the same gun. I may eventually by a 20" upper or something, but the barrel will come on the upper how I want it. Until then, money is tight, and the next gun I buy will not be an AR15 (next up is a .308/7.62, and there are just too many others on the want list!), so I won't be building one any time soon. This barrel will most likely never leave this upper. Basically it'd be a waste of money, time, and space for the tools.

I called Steve at Shooter's World and will be paying him a visit next week after I get my barrel. Thanks for the reference!
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:40:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Buy me the tools and I'll do it.
Done it plenty, usually with someone elses tools.
I'm in North phoenix
OR
take it to Derek I'm sure he would do it for ya.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:34:10 AM EDT
[#24]
I had A&A Gunsmithing on W. Olive in Glendale (around 50th Ave. & Olive, 623-842-1000) do some custom work on my HiPower that I'm real happy with as far as workmanship and pricing, and I asked them when I picked the gun up if they worked on ARs and if they were gonna be doing barrel threading and flash hider installation, etc, after 9/13 and they said YES, they work on ARs regularly and were gonna be doing all the changeover work people wanted.

I'm likely gonna have them do at least my Colt-they offered me a cut-rate price since they did my HiPower work-so I'll report after I have it done.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

You have got to be kidding me.
I'll bet you have a big bank of sick/comp/vacation time that is just crying for 8-10 hours to be used.

Edit to add:
Saw the part about court.

I had court as well, but I asked for a continuance:
Now,,, I don't have court.

If you gotta go,,, it better be for something good, and not something like a broken tail light.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
We've got history together.

Last year he was saying a bunch of crap on the Fal Files, so I got in his weaselly little face about it, so he ran to the Mesa City Court to get an Injunction Prohibiting Harassment so "big, mean, Derek" wouldnt call him on his Internet shenanigans.

D.
AZEX

You did have a hearing on that,,, didn't you?

OOP's and harrasment orders have lost what little bite they ever had.
Pussy judges issuing them without a hearing, and without probable cause is just plain wrong.

Jay

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Nah, I didnt fight it, I have no NEED to talk to the arsehole.

I mean, the guy's a former Ranger and whatnot, afraid of me?

It is rather humorous when you think about it, anyone who has seen my tubby ass.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:58:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Yeah Derek, but sometimes you get that crazy eye thing going.  LOL  you know who to call if you ever need back up bro.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Here's an update to my barrel change. I stopped by Shooter's World to give Steve, the resident gunsmith there, a visit to change out my barrel on Tuesday. He was extremely nice. Actually, too nice in fact! He wouldn't even accept more money than the extremely reasonable amount (it was a hell of a lot cheaper than a couple of other places I called) he told me it'd cost on the phone, despite the delta ring spring on my upper being a real pain in the ass to seat properly, and the extra job of removing my barrel mounted side sling adapter. He even purtied up and polished my filthy gas tube! He was very informative and talkative while I watched him work his magic. If you need any gunsmithing work done (he works on most anything, not just ARs) and you're in the Central/West Phoenix area, give him a call.

Here's his handy work!

Link Posted: 9/16/2004 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#31]
yes, but you still missed the BBQ, just cause you didnt want to drive a bit....

NOOB!

LOL, j/k

D.
AZEX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top