Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/2/2004 5:26:34 PM EDT
With the threading of my AR10 barrel?

Don't really need any of the "Well I hear Jim was great over at Pheonix Armory" stuff, prefer to use someone that is known to be reliable and competent.......

I know it's just threading, but imagine what would happen if I had a baffle strike due to a crappy 'smith? Someday, this 10 will sport a can.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
The prob I have is that I dont do enough AR10s to justify their receiver fixture and bbl nut wrench.

Buy them and give them to me and I'll do the work for free.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:05:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Derek my AR10 is already threaded. But the muzzle break is pinned and welded on.

Will this be a problem for you to get the muzzle break off? And will you still need an AR10 barrel wrench to do this?

Also will anyone have flash hiders for the AR10. I think their 5/8 X 24mm?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#4]
... tagged for interest, I need an AR10 barrel threaded as well.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I would really need to properly remove the bbl to lathe turn the welds off. The pin I'm not worried about, except as anal as you AR10 guys are about "accuracy concerns" it may actually be more beneficial to cut and rethread, rather than take a chance on even putting a little twist in your undies....err...muzzle.

Even if we cut and rethread, I'd still need to properly remove the bbl.

D.
AZEX
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top