Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 7:13:03 AM EDT
My 4 Runner needs some work and I really don't want to spend a lot by taking it back to the dealer.

The rear axle seal is leaking.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Curious too, for recommendations of a good mechanic in the East Valley.  Quality is more important than price, but price is still important.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
How far are you guys in the "east" valley? Joe at All tech is honest and reasonable. He done all the work on my wife's 87 Camery for years. Also my Grand Cherokee. 602-840-4489. He's on the corner of 52nd street and Thomas.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm county-line east valley.  

I never heard of Alltech, I have added him to my list.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
AZERIC which side?Ive had the l/s on mine go out 7 times since 97.Bell toyota on 27th Ave and Bell is about the best.Avoid Larry Miller at all costs.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:51:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Amen on Miller!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Tamway Motorsports is located on Country Club and 10th ave (about a 1/4 mile north of Southern) on the east side of the road, red and white sign roadside says "Motorist Service".  Ask for Wayne, he's the owner.  I used to work for him at a different location a few years ago, so I know the quality of work he does.  I've been taking my cars to him for 5 years now.  He's not the cheapest in town because he doesn't use crap parts like many other shops, but his prices are fair and he does great work.  If you e-mail me your mailing address I can send you a buy one oil change get one free card.  

Steve
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:11:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
AZERIC which side?Ive had the l/s on mine go out 7 times since 97.Bell toyota on 27th Ave and Bell is about the best.Avoid Larry Miller at all costs.

The p/s went out.  I had Superstition fix it 2-3 years ago for $500.  I'm not going to give them another chance to f$#k it up again for another $500.

I've been looking at the manual and and it looks pretty easy to change  My buddy (unfortunately is out of state) is a former mechanic and he tells me it's a no brainer.  I bought the parts this morning and I might give it a try.  $11 for the parts.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:45:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been going to these guys for more than ten years. I would recommend these guys to anyone who needs work on their car or truck.

Sunset Automotive
200 S Roosevelt Ave
CHANDLER,  AZ 85226 - 3445
(480) 940-1563

Ask for Jack or Lenny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top