Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2004 7:36:37 AM EDT
According to their website they will be here on August 19; has anyone heard anything about were they will be in Phoenix. I have the day off and figure maybe some of us can show up.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I am guessing Patriots Park in Downtown, but I can find NO info online as to the exact details of the visit. They sure don't seem to want anyone to know were they are going to be..... I'll keep looking.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:57:17 PM EDT
[#3]
If it doesn't interfere with my work schedule I am down for a counter-protest with you guys.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 4:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If it doesn't interfere with my work schedule I am down for a counter-protest with you guys.

Ditto.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Can we bring some tannerite?
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
...becasue as a father to be ...

... WTF?!?!?

… Thought you’d just sneak that in? Congratulations bro!

PS, went to the super-successful counter march four years ago with a bunch of AZARFCOMers, will do again.

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm definitely down for this.  That is one group of Yentas that needs to take a lap around my SACK!
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:07:17 PM EDT
[#8]
im down for a good protest on thursday just tell me where i will bring a megaphone i hate those bitches
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Im down! Shaun, too bad the HMV is gone huh? That would be cool!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:47:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Open carry march?

... I did back then, not sure I would next time. I actually made the Mesa Tribune paper when they inteviewed me. IIRC we outnumbered them 2 or 3 to 1.

... In the end we were marching in a huge, fast paced square around Patriots Park. Megaphones, signs and even a big truck driving around with pro-RKBA signs on them. Well organized, drowned out the MMM speakers. I got the distinct impression the police on a horses were laughing at the MMM. Somewhere I got pix, I'll see if I can dig them up. Was a great day for freedom.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:36:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Well now that you put it that way I think I will go even if it messes up my work schedule...I keep forgeting I am the supervisor now...
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Let me know too...I have a megaphone..I can be obnoxious too..  
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Open carry march?

... I did back then, not sure I would next time. I actually made the Mesa Tribune paper when they inteviewed me. IIRC we outnumbered them 2 or 3 to 1.

... In the end we were marching in a huge, fast paced square around Patriots Park. Megaphones, signs and even a big truck driving around with pro-RKBA signs on them. Well organized, drowned out the MMM speakers. I got the distinct impression the police on a horses were laughing at the MMM. Somewhere I got pix, I'll see if I can dig them up. Was a great day for freedom.

The ever popular square formation...

Ironic, given it's origins...
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 11:01:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I wanna be among the MMMs, trolling for phone numbers.

My boy is an awesome babe magnet. Then when I've gotten a few numbers he can get a toy AK out, strap it on his back and we can join you guys...

Now THAT'S Comedy....!

D.
AZEX
"Electro"
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I wanna be among the MMMs, trolling for phone numbers.

My boy is an awesome babe magnet. Then when I've gotten a few numbers he can get a toy AK out, strap it on his back and we can join you guys...

Now THAT'S Comedy....!

D.
AZEX
"Electro"

I'm w/ you D. I'll bring my boy w/ an ARFCOM shirt and all three of my girls wearing Kalishnikitty t-shirts...

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:56:03 AM EDT
[#17]
What ever happened to the TYRANNY RESPONSE TEAM?  I thought they used to really get aggresive on stomping out these Bitchfests.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:51:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
even a big truck driving around with pro-RKBA signs on them. Well organized, drowned out the MMM

Ah yes...the the Black Truck of Truth.  RickD and I spent hours getting that truck prepared across from the YMCA on 1st Ave....what was funny was the interaction he and I had while we were painting the plastic on the side of the truck:

A couple of guys were heading north after having recently purchased a 12-pack (each) of an inexpensive barley-based beverage.  They read the sign outloud as we were painting it, and asked what we were doing.

We explained about the MMM and they started laughing about how the MMM actions were OH SO likely (note sarcasm) to have any effect on their ability to get a gun if they wanted one.  And even these are two guys I'd rather not see armed...if for no other reason than they might have dropped it on their toe causing it to mis-fire! :)

I also recall being right in front of an MMMer (male) who was poking my friend in the chest with his finger and SCREAMING all sorts of stuff "Facist", "Killer" etc.  A cop had a rolled up piece of paper he had been carrying and smacked the MMMer on the shoulder and said "that's enough".  We had a good laugh at that.

The most interesting thing was that after we'd announced we'd be there (several thousand folks taking showing up as individuals...not organized at all) and in the park, since they couldn't keep us out, all of a sudden the MMM said the park was rented and would be fenced off with access points...making it a "private event" and thus, allowing them to bar whomever.  However, we made SOMEONE spend a lot of money on a fence. :)

TimW
Phoenix
Practical Tactical, LLC
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I still have not been able to find out WHERE and what time they will be having thier little 'Halt the Assualt' stop.  I've even emailed them, but no answer so far...
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:02:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Here is a pic of the "Black Truck of Truth" which ran out of gas just 200 yards of the Uhaul parking lot which is south of the Bank One Ball Park. Good thing it was downhill  ;)

If someone wants to capture the .jpg and post it here, have at it.

Black Truck of Truth

It's at GlockTalk.com and is attached to the (currently) last post in the thread.

Rick
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Here you go

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#23]
... I can't believe the stuff I find sometimes. This is a post I made on ARFCOM four years ago regarding the last MMM protest march @ Patriots Square

Did anyone else get interviewed and published or soundbite on TV during yesterdays MMM? I did!

A female reporter for The Arizona Tribune asked to interview me during the Phoenix Patriots Park MMM counter protest.
I obliged with only one condition: I gave her a wink and asked her to report it fairly. She did.
However, I learned a powerful lesson in granting these interviews. She was firing off a lot of great questions and I was on quite a roll. Everything was flowing so perfectly except I overlooked one thing (and this is important you’ll see why below) I spoke too fast.
To get our message across it needs to be conveyed clearly. We need to make certain a reporter doesn’t convolute the message, either on purpose or by accidentally. Here is an excerpt published in today’s front page of the Tribune relating to my interview.

GUNS: Hundreds rally at Phoenix park
By Charlene Koski Tribune (Sunday, May 14, 2000)

Many of the issues the AIMS (Armed Informed Mothers’ March) marchers voiced, such as gun education for children, echoed the sentiments of Mom marchers. The difference Winston_Wolf of Mesa said is that the AIMS marchers believe new legislation isn’t the answer. He said current laws are adequate, but not appropriately enforced.
Winston_Wolf carried a gun in a holster on his hip, wore a shirt that proclaimed his membership in the National Rifle Association and held a sign that read “Nicole Simpson should have had a gun.”
“If a tyrannical government bans them, criminals will still have guns. Trigger locks wouldn’t have prevented Columbine. We teach our children to be safe around pools and safe sex. Why not about guns?…Frivolous laws won’t do anything to reduce crime. A criminal is not going to register his gun… you cannot legislate good parenting,” he said

I was much more thorough than published but heck at least it was!
I must clarify the tyrannical government statement:
She asked my interpretation of the Second Amendment. Oh man, here was my chance I thought, so I went into the entire Founding Fathers intent when framing the US Constitution, touching on the clarification spelled out in the Federalist Papers. Explained to her that it was their intent to empower the people so that a tyrannical government wouldn’t overcome the people. But you all know that. She just couldn’t write as fast as I was speaking (I was trying to jam as much fact down her throat as time would allow).
So she merged it with my answer to her next question. She asked “if guns were banned wouldn’t crime rates go down?” my answer …criminals will still have guns. See the disconnect?

My 15 minutes of fame. I was the hero at work today.
It just jazzes to become more active. I still say there were as many counter protesters than MMM’s and they were certainly more passionate for their cause.

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
What ever happened to the TYRANNY RESPONSE TEAM?  I thought they used to really get aggresive on stomping out these Bitchfests.

Tyranny Response Team?

There wouldn't happen to be a navy blue t-shirt with "Tyranny Response Team" written in yellow letters floating around out there somewhere?  
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:06:46 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tyranny Response Team?

There wouldn't happen to be a navy blue t-shirt with "Tyranny Response Team" written in yellow letters floating around out there somewhere?  

I found this
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I am guessing Patriots Park in Downtown, but I can find NO info online as to the exact details of the visit. They sure don't seem to want anyone to know were they are going to be..... I'll keep looking.

This site www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1154153/posts says August 18-19.

Steve_
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 8:50:27 PM EDT
[#27]
Any new word on where and when this is going on?  I'm hearing they may completly skip over us or sneak in somewhere in hopes of not having a repeat of the last time they were here.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 9:00:44 PM EDT
[#28]
What's the purpose of them marching?   Are they protesting/promoting something?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Any new word on where and when this is going on?  I'm hearing they may completly skip over us or sneak in somewhere in hopes of not having a repeat of the last time they were here.

What a bunch of pussies!  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 12:08:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Their website says the 19th, tomorrow. I have to go to school from 11:00 to 1;00, I guess I'll check here before and after school to see if anybody found out anything.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:38:52 PM EDT
[#31]
So I guess nothing happened. All mention of Phoenix has been stripped from their website.

*snicker*
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Hey, whats the point of a protest if no one knows when to show up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 6:54:06 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
So I guess nothing happened. All mention of Phoenix has been stripped from their website.

*snicker*

... Perhaps the have a long memory
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#34]
My wife caught them on the news yesterday. The pink bus was in Phoenix. She said they didn't specify a location. I think they just did a quick drive by with some news stations.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 9:07:02 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
My wife caught them on the news yesterday. The pink bus was in Phoenix. She said they didn't specify a location. I think they just did a quick drive by with some news stations.

[dumb liberal]BAN PINK BUSES![/dumb liberal]
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 11:08:40 AM EDT
[#36]
"They just did a quick drive-by"

I thought they were trying to STOP drive-bys?

Were they usung semi auto or full auto baseless allegations?

And last but not least, did they get the best "thrust per squeeze" that they could?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top