Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/4/2004 1:55:24 AM EDT
Ken says he's got hundreds of LEO guns in stock, and Like Two pallets of LEO mags too!

I asked if Colt would be restricting how he sold his stuff, and he said NO!!!

It seems a rifle with the LEO markings on it will be desireable.  I might buy another one!
Link Posted: 3/4/2004 3:56:44 AM EDT
[#1]
... I see the potential for a very nice year
Link Posted: 3/4/2004 4:44:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I think a table at the SAR show with M7 and M9 bayonets would do very well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2004 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#3]
My money will not end up in Ken's hand, no matter what he's selling.
Link Posted: 3/4/2004 2:21:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Ken Elmore is an asshole, I wouldnt spend a dime on his company.
Link Posted: 3/4/2004 3:33:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Who is Ken? The AJI guy?
Link Posted: 3/4/2004 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Ken is from Specialized Armament Warehouse.  They are the South west's L.E. distributor for COLT.  Some don't like him.  His prices are high, but NO ONE knows more about the AR/M-16 Than he does.  PERIOD!

I bought my first AR from him, and every one since.  He SAVED me from buying an OLY when I was new to AR's.
Link Posted: 3/4/2004 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state that COLT will not let an LEO lower be sold to "civies". Between now and then, I'm betting (ha!) his story changes. COLT is too PC to allow such a thing.

Besides

Why support such a fellow?
Link Posted: 3/4/2004 5:50:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/4/2004 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought the SAME thing.  I specifically asked him that very question.  Colt has ZERO control over what he does with his inventory.  AND he is alway Colt's top 1 or 2 Sales Dealer.  It would not be in Colt's best interest to piss him off.  (you can picture Ken saying this, right?)

He may be a little Harsh, but I don't go to Ken to get my Hand Held.  I go cuz he's the best in the BIZ.  

Link Posted: 3/4/2004 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#10]
nevermind...
Link Posted: 3/4/2004 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/4/2004 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I thought the SAME thing.  I specifically asked him that very question.  Colt has ZERO control over what he does with his inventory.  AND he is alway Colt's top 1 or 2 Sales Dealer.  It would not be in Colt's best interest to piss him off.  (you can picture Ken saying this, right?)

He may be a little Harsh, but I don't go to Ken to get my Hand Held.  I go cuz he's the best in the BIZ.  

Yes, I can imagine him saying that and I can also imagine Colt spanking his little pee-pee for violating contractual agreements. But its his businees and none of mine, he can sell gold plated bling-bling lowers for $100, and I wouldnt submit to his torture.

Link Posted: 3/4/2004 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I agree with him, Ken is one of the best, and has always treated me well.
Heck, I bought off him this last fun show.
Link Posted: 3/5/2004 9:16:54 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw him at Shot Show hanging around the DPMS booth. I wonder why he was in there just standing around...
Link Posted: 3/5/2004 2:03:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yes, I can imagine him saying that and I can also imagine Colt spanking his little pee-pee for violating contractual agreements.

THERE IS NO CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENTS TO NOT SELL LEO ITEMS.  He is the one that works for Colt, so I tend to take his word for it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 12:52:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, I can imagine him saying that and I can also imagine Colt spanking his little pee-pee for violating contractual agreements.

THERE IS NO CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENTS TO NOT SELL LEO ITEMS.  He is the one that works for Colt, so I tend to take his word for it.

He works for colt? Or sells their stuff?

Remember if its a colt. Its a copy of an Armalite.
Link Posted: 3/6/2004 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He works for colt? Or sells their stuff?

Remember if its a colt. Its a copy of an Armalite.

He works for Colt as an armorer class instructor, that much I know. He is a dist. of their goods, which kinda makes him an employee too.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Just got off the fone with S.A.W.

Tina says no preorders on LE guns and such.  If there is no Renewal, the you can call for an appointment to go buy your stuff in mid September.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
... He is a dist. of their goods, which kinda makes him an employee too.

i guess that makes me an employee of Colt too....
in that case, i resign!

i'm still kind of vague about selling LE-marked lowers to the general public.  i know with the ban gone there will be no restrictions about civilians having the "LE" features, but it seems to me that a gun or mag marked "for LE/Restricted Use only" will remain as such.
also, currently LE guns (at least thru major distributors like Davidsons) are priced differently than retail guns...meaning we (my store that is) SELL LE guns for less than we pay for a retail copy thereof.  Glock and many others are like that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 7:08:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 2:25:17 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not sure if a firearm can be sold to Joe Citizen if the manufacturer originally planned it as an LE gun and didn't pay the Excise Tax, anyone know for sure?

Thats a reasonable question to be asking.  Unless assuming they add it back into the price and pays the excise tax back to ATF.

I believe that TAX can only be paid by the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 6:31:31 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm not sure if a firearm can be sold to Joe Citizen if the manufacturer originally planned it as an LE gun and didn't pay the Excise Tax, anyone know for sure?

Thats a reasonable question to be asking.  Unless assuming they add it back into the price and pays the excise tax back to ATF.

I was told by one who I consider to be a very reliable source (He's posted in this thread) that my LEO marked lowers will always be LEO Only because there was no FET paid by the distributer when they purchased the weapons from the factory.

So leo marked lowers in the hands of a non-leo seems to have big trouble written all over it.

If I get out of the business, I'll strip my lowers, and put the parts in new evil post, post ban lowers.

Jay
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 6:52:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 7:02:01 AM EDT
[#25]
I tell you this much I wouldrather deal with a guy who is going to tell me what I don't want to hear, than some who is going to tell me what I want to hear. When it Comes to Colts and Colt parts S.A.W. is the way to go
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 7:33:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Isn't it time for COLT to file Bankruptcy again?  S.A.W. Sucks Ass.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 7:34:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I tell you this much I wouldrather deal with a guy who is going to tell me what I don't want to hear, than some who is going to tell me what I want to hear. When it Comes to Colts and Colt parts S.A.W. is the way to go

Damn Straight!  I worry that the snivelling fucks will piss Ken off so much that he'll stop selling Individuals.  Snot nosed faggots will fuck it up for the rest of us.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and state that COLT will not let an LEO lower be sold to "civies". Between now and then, I'm betting (ha!) his story changes. COLT is too PC to allow such a thing.

Wanna Bet?  

Through some computer glich, SAW's prices have mysteriously increased about 3 or 4 hundred on all the LE guns!  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Last July, I did the Colt Armorers course, and Ken said at that time that LEO AR's would go up in price.
I guess he was right.  

Jay
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:48:02 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Last July, I did the Colt Armorers course, and Ken said at that time that LEO AR's would go up in price.
I guess he was right.  

Jay

Yeah.  Tina told me COLT is raising it's prices this FALL!  I know SAW keeps a shit load of guns in inventory so these guns don't yet have the higher price on them.

$400 over the current market is a little ridiculous!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:53:38 PM EDT
[#31]
What I mean is that Ken said the prices of LEO guns will go up, and now he's seeing to it that he's right.
Nothing to do with Colt at all.

Funny thing is,,, I see a list of serial numbers coming out for all the manufacturers' LEO guns made during the ban.

This way you can tell if the extra cash you're paying is for a real banned LEO gun, or some POS post ban LEO gun that someone just stamped LE Only on a new, after ban reciever.

It sounds silly, but I see it coming.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:15:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I think I would buy from SteyrAUG in the EE.

I don't know Ken but he seems like a nice guy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#33]
S.A.W. reminds me of the soup nazzi, but damn his soup is GOOD! Better get in line assholes or NO SOUP FOR YOU!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:39:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I think I would buy from SteyrAUG in the EE.

I don't know Ken but he seems like a nice guy.

I'm not buying one of the LE guns, but With KEN, you know your gun is here right now!  I would definitely pay a certain premium for getting the gun without the out of state aggravation, but not a 400 dollar premium.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Many of us have seen and spoke to Ken E. about AR15's.   He is a valuable resource, but a miserable frontman IMHO.

A $400 instant markup on existing inventory (if this is true) sounds like he has decided to cash in on the demand for civilians to now legally own LEO marked rifles and mags.   SAW will make out okay, perhaps even like a bandit.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:38:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Screw Ken.  What a POS.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Yes, I can imagine him saying that and I can also imagine Colt spanking his little pee-pee for violating contractual agreements. But its his businees and none of mine, he can sell gold plated bling-bling lowers for $100, and I wouldnt submit to his torture.

The only thing I have from Colt is a mag I picked up from a SWAT friend of mine. Got his name etched in it, and his unit number, but since they're his, it's fine. Only way I'd get any more is if that's what his unit is ordering next time around. He's putting in a 4 mag order for me. $14 a mag, and if they're Colt's, I'm almost stealing them at that price. If not, then it's still a good price. My point is, I'm not seeking out Colt stuff. Other companies make stuff that's just as good, if not better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top