Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2003 6:32:44 AM EDT
Hey gang. About three months ago I sold off some pre-bans to fund a NFA purchase. The money has been sitting at my class III dealer since, waiting for the "right deal" to come along. He assures me that the internet is not the place to buy. So here I sit watching prices climb. Could someone clue me in as to the best route for me to take. Should I get the cash back and go it alone or wait it out. Are the prices you see on the subgun board and Sturm board the going rates,give or take a couple grand?..any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :Edit to add: Happy Holidays to one and all.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:45:11 AM EDT
[#1]
If it were me I would put the money in an intrest bearing account that you can get at anytime, and look around for something you like...

I would still keep looking on Subguns and the other sites. Seems like you have the $$ in hand, that is the best part and will work in your favor.

What are you looking for??
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:50:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Why on earth would you park your money at the dealer?  You should get that back and search for a deal on your own.   Scour the internet and with patience you will find something.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Vector just sold out of the last of their New-In-Box Mini-UZI's. The dealers that have them are starting to raise prices so, if you get in now you'll save some cash on them.

Check out this post from UZI Talk:

www.uzitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3772

Mini UZI now for $4995
after January 1st $5395

For reference,I bought a Full size Vector UZI last year for $2900. Last February, Vector sold out of the full size. The dealer I got mine from is now selling his remaining full size guns for $5600.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:00:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Zoomer,

Never heard of leaving the money with a dealer.  Seems odd.

Most important though is as NFA-User asked - what are you looking for?  

I am not sure why the dealer said ignore the internet.  Sure, some folks trial ballon inflated prices to see if they can get one over, but individuals also sell their NFA this way.  I would not ignore subguns and sturmgewehr.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I found my RR Sp1 conversion on the internet, and got a pretty good deal! ($7500 including a bunch of extras). Ignoring the internet would make no sense to me at all!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The(part time) dealer,who is also a co-worker and friend, is the one who sold my pre-bans. I told him to hang onto the cash in hopes of something showing up. I had hoped to buy a m-16, now I'm thinking more down the lines of an Uzi. Probably end up with a Mac-11 at this rate. Any way thanks for all the advice. I'm off to subguns.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Colt M16A1 with about 2K worth of accessories sold for 6500 today on Sturmgewehr.  The deals are out there, just hard to hit.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Another thing I missed in my other post is, you need to know the market and what things are going for. I bought my Full size Vector Uzi off of Sturm. from a guy in Alabama for $3200 back in March. It was the cheapest price I could find at the time for one of them. I got it and now some 10 months later it is worth over $4000. The deals are out there you just have to have the $$ in hand and be ready to jump on them.  Even if you do happen to spend a little bit more then it is worth at the time, wait a few years and you will get that back and then some. I take mine out all the time and shoot the crap out of mine, and I let everybody else shoot them. After I get tired of them worst case, I'll at least get my money back out of them.

Zoomer,

If you need any help finding something, let me know and I'll keep an eye out for you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I bought my Full size Vector Uzi off of Sturm. from a guy in Alabama for $3200 back in March.  I take mine out all the time and shoot the crap out of mine, and I let everybody else shoot them.

Hell, since you shot the crap out of it, as a nice guy, I'll give ya $3300.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Tell ya what Jimmy, I'll trade you strait up for your MP5...
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 3:07:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Ummmm, let me think on it.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Check with Steve at Scottsdale Gun Center on South Scottsdale RD. He's a Class III dealer and always seems to have great prices. Just let him know what your looking for.

Also check with the guys at CAV ARMS and AZEX ARMS. You may even want to talk with some of the guys with Class III stuff at the next shoot. They may have something, they'd be  willing to sell.

You may even want to check out www.full-auto.com

Hope this helps. Also you may want to have your money with you. Sometimes you may walk onto a real good deal. But loose out, due to no funds on you.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Where is the Scottsdale Gun Center?  I never heard of it and thought I'd seen them all here.

Thanks

Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:23:42 PM EDT
[#14]
This thread is effed up.  When I look at it under My Active Topics it shows Topcrest as having replied last.  When I open it - his reply is not here.

Don't know how many other replies are missing.

I am adding this to see if it changes the status of the thread and somehow fixes the problem.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 8:46:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the help, I checked out your link to uzitalk Buckaroo, and I am kind of thinking of just going  that way for now. I would sure like to get a registered rec.,but the longer I wait the farther I get behind. I figure at least this way, I will have my foot in the door. Maybe trade up from there. Sure nfa-user ,any deals you might come across please let me know. Send me an IM or I can send you my  phone num. I live by Bullhead city,so there is not a whole lot of places to shop around out this way...Thanks again for all the help.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 9:15:52 PM EDT
[#16]

Scottsdale Gun Center is at 2515 N. Scottsdale RD. Phone # 480-874-1383

Steve dosen't stock Class III, but can find what your looking for.

He used to own Machine Gun Kelley's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top