Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2003 7:02:28 AM EDT
I was in the area Saturday so I drove out to take a look at the famous Arizonastan. I didn't have my firearms, just wanted to see where and what is was all about. There wasn't really anyone around other than a couple people 4-wheeling up the hill on the south side. So, what's the deal with shooting there? Who owns the land? Is it legal to go shooting there anytime I want?
The place looks like it's seen a few battles...
--RR
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:41:56 AM EDT
[#1]
No one bothers you, Tannerite and .50 cals. are OK, far enough out that it keeps away the lookie loos, not too well known (location wise), we set our own range rules, ect...
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
<snip>
--RR

Naw, thats not the place, we always leave it better than we found it.  Heck i planted about a dozen trees on saturday.
Mike
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>
--RR

Naw, thats not the place, we always leave it better than we found it.  Heck i planted about a dozen trees on saturday.
Mike

LOL... you're kidding right? This place was littered with various odds and ends people had used for targets. Also was a large steel (room sized) enclosure that had about a million bullet holes in it. Is this the place?
Who owns the land? I was out there around 10:30am Sat. Didn't see you. Did see a truck coming in when I was going out. I was driving a dark gray F150 4X4. --RR
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
<snip>
--RR

Mike

Really?  If so, I thank you and hope some dumbass doesn't shoot them.  Trees would be real nice out there (especially if they offer shade).

And yeah, you got the right place roadrunner.  You should go there while it's getting dark sometime and bump fire an AK into that steel house thingy.  Man, do the sparks fly!
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Yea I was being a smart ass.  Hate for the earth lovers find out that some gun guys are destroying the place.

We were out there about 11:00 am.  till 3:00pm.  Along with some other folks.
Mike

Link Posted: 12/15/2003 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#6]
So if someone hauled some 55 gal. drums out for trash, they may turn into targets? Kinda sounds like "hill" near Table Mesa. Lotta crap layin' around.
AB
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:07:36 PM EDT
[#7]
According to one deputy, it is private property.  Was encouraged to use the tannerite there vs. on the state land.  The people near the state land wet their panties when they hear the thunder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top