Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2003 11:17:55 PM EDT
I saw an article in the local Casa Grande paper the day before yesterday and it said there was a city council meeting and one of the topics was the range we meet at. It basically outlined the new rules that Steve_ has said in his posts. Like: No .50BMG's, No Tannerite, etc...

I called a guy I know who is a shooter here in Casa Grande and he said he was at the meeting and he said (and I quote)" You guys have fucked it up for everyone"....Meaning the AR15.com shoots. I asked for an explaination, and this is what I got....

He said they are now talking about banning full auto fire and enclosing the range with a fence and gate. They spoke of no more "renting it out" for the day to anyone. He said the council members are all non-shooters and don't understand. I mentioned that we clean the range better than it was when we found it and we donate all proceeds (extra) to P&R..He said he knows and said we do a good job, but people have been complaining about "other" groups like some guys leaving beer bottles, and playing loud music, as well as ours making too much noise... (But our group was the main complaint).

Seems also, some people pulled up to shoot, saw us and "thought" they couldn't shoot because we had the range. I told him we let several non-AR15 guys have benches and told them we don't own the range, just have it reserved for us and anyone was free to shoot there since it is a public range.

I personally don't think they will fence it off. I don't think they have the money and even if they did, they wouldn't spend it on the range.

I like shoots at the CG range..I just don't think we'll be able to do it much longer...
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:37:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Maybe it's time to look into forming a non-profit group or LLC to buy land in BFE for an Arizona Arfcom range. They've tried to shut down Arizonastan in the past also.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, thats a bunch of BS.
The last couple of times I have gone to that range (other than ARFCOM) it has been a pig sty,
trash beer cans and unmentionables left laying around.
They just don't seem to want us there, as every chance presented results in more restrictive regulations.
Steve has gone out of his way to be cordial and responsible as a co ordinator, and they still blame their fears and miss givings on us.
Heck, we even called cease fires so non members could set up/retrieve targets when they got there or left.
Any and all people present were encoraged to shoot any weapon on the line regardless of their affiliation with AR15.com.
I don't see how we can be any more condesending to these individuals who obviously don't want us there, I think the time has come for us, and CG to part ways.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW

There was a guy who was there at daybreak who was shagging brass.  We got to talking and I told him about the shoot and all the brass that was sure to be there for him to pluck.

He wanted to know if we were one of the groups trying to "take over" the range.

I dont think I was speaking out of turn when I told him that all shooters were welcome at our "reserved" shoots.  I told him we reserved the range so we could eject unsafe or unruley shooters.

Biggame223

Out
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
When's the next city council meeting.

I think our voice needs to be heard, and I'm willing to go.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
When's the next city council meeting.

I think our voice needs to be heard, and I'm willing to go.

... Me too, and for anyone else planning on going, stick with civility, wits and facts only. Leave the emotions out of the equation.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 11:08:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmm, I don't know what to say, or think for that matter.  This is a bit of a suprise.  I'm going to attempt to get a hold of the City and see if I can get any more information as to anything specific brought up about our group and also see when the next council meeting is if you guys would be willing to attend.

Steve

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hmmmm, I don't know what to say, or think for that matter.  This is a bit of a suprise.  I'm going to attempt to get a hold of the City and see if I can get any more information as to anything specific brought up about our group and also see when the next council meeting is if you guys would be willing to attend.

Steve

I'm more than willing to drive down from AJ if you need backup, especially if it's an evening meeting.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#8]
As long as I have a couple of days notice beforehand, I should be able to take whatever time off is necessary.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:05:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Sounds like a lot of baloney.

Depending on the day, I may be able to make a trip down there for a meeting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top