Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2003 9:22:52 PM EDT

Just taking a break from my Deer hunt to finalize my refi loan and I wanted to share this little gem with you guys. Monday afternoon, while glassing a likely area around Cedar Tank near Mayer, two guys in a newer white Ford extended cab come driving down the road. No big deal, lots of traffic around there anyway, they stop about half a mile from our position. A few minutes later we hear a rifle being fired, five or six shots at first, and then, rat-tat ra-tat-tat-tat! This asshole is bump-firing his AK into the crest of a hill!

The spot he chose to shoot from was right next to someones camp hidden in the trees and he was actually firing over the trailer, luckily no one was in camp at the time. The impact area was occupied 45 minutes earlier by yours truly while I was trying to get a better look at 3 does and a spike feeding on the shady side of another hill. W.T.F.! Anyone else run into shitheads like this while out in the boonies, or is it just me?

George
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 10:19:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Youre not the only one.  Every once in awhile, I/we run into jackasses like that.  Shooting in out direction, shooting while we're down checking targets.  Unfortunately, it comes with the terrirtory of going out into the forest and desert.

It really doesnt take a lot of time to go down range and make sure you have a clear area of fire.  But, that would of course make too much sense.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 7:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Javalina hunting a few years ago a bunch of asswipes were shooting FA over a hill.  We were on the hill...
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Fucking hunters always get in the way just as I get my AK rocking!
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 10:05:20 AM EDT
[#4]
i use to hunt alot but do more target shooting and general pinkin' now. i try to give the hunters the desert during hunt season cause i know what its like.

i just wish they would not camp out at night in my favorite shooting spot, it's the only place i've found that gives me 200yards shots into a safe back stop at night. night vision shooting is so much better in the winter, not so damn hot and buggy.

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 1:09:04 PM EDT
[#5]

Out on desert hikes there's been several times where I've heard the distinctive "zzzzp" and "snap" sounds right over my head as some utter fucking DUFUSES would be shooting blindly into the desert.

"Oh! Sorry, didn't know you were there!"

Fucking idiots.

Link Posted: 11/7/2003 2:53:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember a few months ago an ATV rider cut right infront of me just as I was letting loose on an RPD.

The dipshit had to dodge in between all of our targets as he passed between us and our backstop. It was REALLY CLEAR that we were shooting and the direction that we were shooting in. The worst part was that the road was behind us! He had to make an effort to drive right in our line of fire!!

And to top it off he came back and did the same shit five minutes later.

I gotta remember to always have some tracer ready to go. Hehhehehee
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
He had to make an effort to drive right in our line of fire!!

And to top it off he came back and did the same shit five minutes later.

That’s happened to me more than once.

I used to go shooting out west of Maricopa. We’d get some good long distance stuff set up and then here comes Grandma and Grandpa with their 100k motor home and park it right under out targets and start setting up camp.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:45:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Same thing here. Kids rode up on their dirt bikes and stopped right in front of our targets, WTF? Are they that stupid? A couple minutes later one of them crashed hard, we laughed our asses off. On the hunting subject, I stay away during hunts. I don't want to spook game for somebody hunting and would hope others would have the same consideration for me. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work that way.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#9]
You'll find incosiderate asses everywhere you go.  I shouldn't admit this, but several years ago I had a guy nearly run me down on his quad three days in a row as I was hiking into my hunting area.  Each time he gave me a dirty look as I was diving for cover.  I found where he stashed his quad one day and I used his tool kit to remove the spark plug and tapped the plug gap down to about .005".  I went back at last light and listened to him run the battery dead trying to start it, and then watched the next day as he and a hunting partner trashed a truck and a day of hunting each to load the sucker up and 4wd it out.  Very satisfying!
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:18:00 PM EDT
[#10]
If someone was chasing me down with an ATC close enought that I would have to "dive out of the way" their gas tank would be springing leaks about 9mm in diameter.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 7:11:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Not during archery elk season.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top