Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2003 5:05:16 PM EDT
I have a friend of mine in Phoenix that is sick and tired of dealing with this shop out there but all the other shops he's called won't do transfers on used guns.  The shop he deals with has screwed him over for the last time and since he doesn't have internet I thought I'd ask who you guys have used and how much for the transfer...$20-$30?  Thanks for your time and input!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 6:29:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Not Phoenix but Shooting Star in Tempe may be able to help.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 9:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
This is pretty interesting to me.  If, there is no permanent registration of guns,and, if FFL check is not required on person to person sales in Arizona then are you looking within or outside of the State?  

If I want to sell you a gun within the state of Arizona and within the city of Phoenix am I required to register the sale through a FFL? I thought that was the purpose of defeating the gunshow legislation.  Clarify please.

if you are referring to firearms coming into the State or going out of the State I understand a need for a FFL transfer.  In that case I have used several local gunshops listed on www.gunbrokers.com and have never been asked if they are used.  For participating FFL  dealers see www.gunbroker.com/user/DealerNetwork.asp.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I recommend G&S Gun Room.  The owner Jim is a hell of a nice guy and is in it because he loves guns, not because he wants to make a fast buck.  If memory serves me right transfers are a flat $25.00 fee.  Please note that they are closed on Sunday and on Monday.

Their number is (480)-984-2530 and they're at 10664 East Apache Trail in Apache Junction.  (North side of Apache Train between Crimson and Signal butte.)

Please tell 'em that Mike sent ya!  

Mike
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Theres a place called "command post" not too far away from central phoenix that charges $15 for transfers.
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:01:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input guys as I'll let my friend know.  Anyone know the phone # for "command post"?  The Tempe area is fine with him as he used to go to the Mesa/Tempe area before.  I'm going to be selling my friend a couple more guns and he needed an FFL to have them sent to and I'm here in Iowa.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Classic Guns and Knives. Will do $25.00 transfers.

I use them all the time.  They give you the FFL and you send it off.

Link Posted: 11/1/2003 8:21:06 PM EDT
[#7]
25 bucks regular guns...

50 bucks Class 3 Xfers...

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the input guys as I'll let my friend know.  Anyone know the phone # for "command post"?  The Tempe area is fine with him as he used to go to the Mesa/Tempe area before.  I'm going to be selling my friend a couple more guns and he needed an FFL to have them sent to and I'm here in Iowa.  

http://www.azpaintball.com/default.htm

TEMPE
1432 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Union Square Center
480-970-6329
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:42:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I think Bear Arms in Scottsdale does transfers for either 15 or 20 bux.....

Rob
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top