Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2003 8:11:25 PM EDT
I want to buy a CMP M1 Garand soon and was wondering if there are any official matches that definitely count as 50 rounds fired in a match for marksmanship training, as required according to the ODCMP.

I'm located in Anthem, AZ (way North Phoenix) so any eligible organizations associated with Ben Avery would be IDEAL.  I have a few pistols (SIG 9mm, .45 and Glock 9mm) and several rifles (couple AR-15's, 10/22 & a M14s) so shooting isn't a problem, just never been to or shot in a match before.

I am not worried about looking stupid (well maybe a little) I just want to get my requirements met for a CMP purchase, so any guidance is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I realize this is clear the other end of Phoenix but this is what you are looking for. It is also a very nice range. Scroll down below the second picture and you will see that this course qualifies you to purchase the rifle.  I don't have any info on Ben Avery. arizona.rifleshooting.com/m1clinic.htm.  For info on the range and maps etc. go to www.riosaladosportsmans.com/.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top