Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2003 6:45:20 PM EDT
I'm in line to pay at Ben Avery today and the guy in front of me is buying targets. He asks for the B27 human silhouette so he can practice for his CCW renewal. The lady says this is a state run range and you are no longer allowed to shoot at human silhouettes on the public range.

Fucking PC bullshit!
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#1]
And at a time when they are fighting to keep the range open.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
What about targets in the shape of kittens?

Hmmm a marketing chance for someone.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What about targets in the shape of kittens?

Hmmm a marketing chance for someone.

Got one that i found online, i can email it to you if you'd like.
I havent had time to take a print out to the range.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I never new ranges really enforced that busllshit.I've never been bothered with idpa targets.I think kitty kat targets would be better though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoot, when the PC garbage hits old-school, top-notch ranges like Ben Avery, the Apocalypse must be coming soon...
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 6:52:15 PM EDT
[#7]

And yet police CAN as part of their defense training. And "black" ones at that!

Link Posted: 10/26/2003 7:38:26 PM EDT
[#8]
So would they get mad if I brought my Osama Bin Laden head targets?

What if I say it was supposed to be a black sheet of paper but I was running out of ink and it just happened to look exactly like osama?

(I didn't know they had that dumbass rule...)
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#9]
>Well if the state can piss enough people off, they will not use Ben Avery.
>Then the state can procede with the sale of Ben Avery to developers.
>This is only the beginning and we should document it restriction by restriction.
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 4:28:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I went to ben avery on wed. and there was a guy shooting man size targets.

I guess the volunter range masters didnt notice.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 6:20:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it's only an issue with a couple of the workers at Ben Avery, and not a blanket disallowance.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:54:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I was at BA today, and there was one guy who was told to take down a picture he had on the target.  He asked why, and the guy said "no photos of people...only silhouettes were allowed.  So im not exactly sure what the deal is.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#13]
I was at BA a month or more ago when I was told that I could not use human silhourette targets. They said it was an Attorney General ruling. They had a copy of a memo but I was too pissed to read it. With Goddard as AG I can see it happening. We need to see what the exact ruling is and file a protest with the Game and Fish Board.
Link Posted: 11/3/2003 12:48:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I found this.

www.basfaz.com/use_of_ranges_and_buildings.htm

" As a site for recreational shooting, BASF does not endorse the use of human shaped targets except by those training in the use of firearms as a defensive device. Humanoid targets are not for sale by BASF and are discouraged for use on the Main Range. In particular BASF does not endorse the use of human targets for any reason by junior shooters. Requests for “force on force” training or events will only be allowed for law enforcement agencies and military units as part of their official training."
Link Posted: 11/4/2003 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#15]

training in the use of firearms as a defensive device

Hell, that is what I am doing everytime I fire my weapon.

If they give you any sh#t, just tell them it is a "Andriod or vulcan" silhouette.

Live long and prosper.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was at BA today, and there was one guy who was told to take down a picture he had on the target.  He asked why, and the guy said "no photos of people...only silhouettes were allowed.  So im not exactly sure what the deal is.

The shooter should have stapled Mister Dickweed's ears to the target backing, spray painted him flat black, then asked him if he wouldn't reeeeealy rather have a picture tacked up there instead.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:20:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Last time I was there, (May or June) I brought my own human silhouette targets and no one said anything about them.  Maybe this is a new rule their enforcing?  Also when I took my CCW renewal class there last fall we used police targets supplied by Glendale Community College.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:26:02 AM EDT
[#18]
No - I was there on Saturday and MANY people were using them.  I think it's just one or two of the Range Officers who don't "like" it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:39:37 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

And yet police CAN as part of their defense training. And "black" ones at that!

It may just be an urban legend, but I heard the story about how the NAACP filed suit aginst the New Jersey State Police for just this offence, seemd they were training the newbies how to shoot black people.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top