Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2003 6:40:38 PM EDT
What's the deal?  This story freaks me out!  Did the kid go up there with his girlfriend unarmed?

Why do people do that?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:17:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I read there was no evidence of foul play.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What's the deal? This story freaks me out! Did the kid go up there with his girlfriend unarmed?

... I thought the same thing, I don't go anywhere unarmed. Naive or what?

Quoted:
I read there was no evidence of foul play.

... You mean like a double suicide?

Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:27:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, it is tragic.  There now is indication of "unspecified body trauma" to both of them.  Combine this with the home intrusion of Sunday morning and it is truly worrisome and sad.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 9:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm...what did I miss?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#5]
www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1020BodiesFound20-ON.html
www.communitypapers.com/DAILYCOURIER/myarticles.asp?P=836624&S=400&PubID=11454

I was at sunset point taking photographs of the mountains on Sunday (@ 4pm, from my photo log) on my way home from the Young's Farm pumpkin festival in Dewey.  Other than the rest stop being crowded and my having to park in a truck space, I didn't see anything out of order.

It's harrowing finding out about things that have happened so close to where you've been, that you never knew were going on.

Where is the crime scene in relation to the rest stop?

BTW, futuredan, do you have a link on that home invasion?
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
that aint cool dude.  i hope they solve this.....i wanna know what happend.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds weird.  I wanna know what happened too.
Link Posted: 10/20/2003 11:55:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Put me in with the whodunit crowd....

Gotta tellya, if you ever have the misfortune of finding your friends mudered in the back of their pickup, dont finger-fuck the scene.

Link Posted: 10/21/2003 5:35:06 AM EDT
[#9]
There was a "suicide by cop" in Black Canyon City as well on Saturday.

One weird assed weekend up here in the county.
Glad I was on my days off.

Jay
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Tonks?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#11]
This is the road to Bumble Bee and Crown King right? How for from I-17 were they?

It's been years since I owned my Jeep and went four wheeling through the Bradshaws. We used to see lots of evidence of transient live of the land types in the area though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 4:56:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
This is the road to Bumble Bee and Crown King right? How for from I-17 were they?

It's my understanding the truck was parked a few miles from the I 17 exit, and a little bit off the roadway.

Jay
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
BTW, futuredan, do you have a link on that home invasion?

I have found a reference on AZFamily to the couple that was tied up and robbed in Glendale:
www.azfamily.com/news/local/KTVKLNews20031019.1c965291.html
 Also, The current status on the kids is "A Scottsdale couple found dead in the back of a pickup Sunday was killed by multiple gunshot wounds to the head,",
www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1021bodiesfound21-ON.html
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 8:17:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
There was a "suicide by cop" in Black Canyon City as well on Saturday.

One weird assed weekend up here in the county.
Glad I was on my days off.

Jay

My heart is out to your partners.  It is truly sad for all that they were put in that position.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 10:45:49 PM EDT
[#15]
It's very disturbing about what happened to the young couple.  We go out that way every couple of months or so just to get out of town.  

There's plenty of activity in that Bumble Bee area on the weekends.  It's always seemed to me that people don't usually mess with other people's things out there because everyone's just out there for a good time and a lot of people are packing a rifle or sidearm.  

Maybe they had a run-in with some people earlier, or perhaps someone tried to steal the truck and were surprised by the couple.  Whatever happened it was such a waste.  I wouldn't go into the countryside without a sidearm.  If they didn't take a gun I wish they would have at least have taken a dog.  But who knows, and hindsight's 20/20.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:19:48 AM EDT
[#16]
 To bring this up to date for those who aren't clicking inot the links above...the original news stories indicated no trauma, then unspecified trauma; afterwords they were updated to the victims being shot...though I have no specifics.
 This is definitely a disturbing, apparently random act that I only hope the police can solve.  Sadly, there have been much, much more horrible things that have happened to campers in this state and it boggles me that anyone would even think to travel here without a sidearm AT THE MINIMUM. One of my main reasons for owning a CAR-15 is to pack it along in my jeep for exactly these types of situations.

My heart goes out to the friends and families of the victims of this tragedy and I hope we can all learn from this one very important lesson:  BE ARMED AND ALERT...ALWAYS!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I wouldn't go into the countryside without a sidearm.  If they didn't take a gun I wish they would have at least have taken a dog.  But who knows, and hindsight's 20/20.

This is so sad.  It appears they may have been sleeping at the time based on the way they were found.  Some speculation is they either thought they were amongst a friend or someone snuck up on them.   A dog could considerably have been the first line of defense.

They are questioning a guy who was known to have been in the vicinity as a witness (not a suspect).  www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1024Campers-ON.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top