Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2003 8:17:54 AM EDT
I need/want the New Mexico members to be a little more involved in their hometown site and to further this along, I am offering a special deal.

Calibers, in Albuquerque is a state of the art indoor 25 yd range that allows up to 5.56/.223 and the management has a definite 'tactical' edge. They offer a funshoot on each Thursday evening from 1800 hrs to close at 2100 hrs. We take over 2/3's of the range and set up rooms and 'kill houses' with lots of really great scenarios.

These funshoots are really great and will make you think and will stress you quite a bit. In the past we have had live fire Hogan's Alley type drills, hostage rescues, multiple BG's, low light/no light situations, shot the quals for FBI, SS, and Air Marshal (the original qual course), and red vs. blue airsoft matches with flashbangs (OK, just big fire-crackers). Great fun and the director of the range is the guy running the funshoots and he usually breaks out his AR for a couple of runs during the evening.

There are about 5-8 people showing up on a regular basis and we have room for many more. I am offering an initial exposure to this as I will pay your entry fee for your first time (10$ a head) and get you into the range on my membership as guests.

For those interested in getting some 'tactical' training in, I have a developing situation regarding training that, if it works out, will make available the very best in hands on real world tactical training for rifle, shotgun and pistol from instructors that have BTDT and have several T-shirts! Let me know if you are interested.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Cool.    I have been to Calibers a few times to shoot pistols, but I had no idea of the Thursday night fun.  I am going to try to make it Thursday.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds really cool, I wish we had something like that around here. Maybe SGC will come through.

But why do we have to share our forum with NM?
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Coulter,

I just found out that they had cancelled the fun shoot for this Thursday (18th), because of a softball game or something, but they will be back on schedule next week. Roger said that we will either do action pistol (lot's of fun and fast) or airsoft red vs. blue full contact drills (soooooo cool and they provide the pistols and ammo)

I'll be there at about 1730 hrs on the 25th, just look for the tall guy with grey hair. Just tell the cashier that you are with the AR15 guys and they'll hook you up. Bring whatever you want to shoot and about 200 rds of ammo, leather and two spare mags, eyes and ears.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:06:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think what you were trying to say is...."why does NM share it's forum with us?"
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think what you were trying to say is...."why does NM share it's forum with us?"

No, I'm pretty sure he has it right.  

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:40:08 PM EDT
[#7]
... Might I suggest to you wiggy762, if you can say anything positive about the good State of Arizona, consider succession.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
... Might I suggest to you wiggy762, if you can say anything positive about the good State of Arizona, consider succession.

Hey Winston, don't you mean secession?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Haha, I think the AZ army is bigger than the NM army...I a willing to go to war to have our own board
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Haha, I think the AZ army is bigger than the NM army...I a willing to go to war to have our own board

You may have a bigger army, but we are not tied to A/C in order to operate! "But it is a dry heat"....so is an oven.

And yes, he did mean secession instead of succession, but neither is correct as our states are just part of the larger whole of the USA. I think a more appropriate term would be annexation of Arizona by New Mexico. Your governor is a girly man anyway....no, seriously what sex is your governor?
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 8:07:36 AM EDT
[#11]
... Bug off wiggy762, go crap in your own yard. I for one, love Arizona.

... and you don't have much room to talk; Bill Richardson! Ha, a Clintonista reject, pffft!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Did you ever hear anyone say, "Let's go to New Mexico for vacation!"  

I haven't.  Let's see here, perhaps we could do a list of states that actually have well know land marks.

1.  Arizona-  Grand Canyon, Colorado River, London Bridge

2.  California-  Beautiful country side, Pacfic Ocean, girls!

3.  New Mexico-  <cricket chirping>

4.  Nevada-  Viva Las Vegas! Legalized prositution is you're into that kind of thing.

5.  Colorado-  Mile high city of Denver

6.  New Mexico-  "Where the hell is that?"

I'll add some more to this when I have time.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Sounds really cool, I wish we had something like that around here....

Yeah, we call that the desert round yonder.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds really cool, I wish we had something like that around here....

Yeah, we call that the desert round yonder.

Who needs an indoor shoot house when you have sage brush, scrub oak and saguaros.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:47:30 AM EDT
[#15]
... Yup, ole' New Mexico isn't all that far off civil wise than old Mexico.

... Check out these stats:
www.uwcnm.org/information/nmstatistics.htm#domesticviolence

... For one, New Mexico ranks first in the nation for alcohol-related crashes.

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Our governor could take yours.
Besides, your all "enchanted".
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I have lived for several years in your beautiful state, near Sierra Vista and others, so I can speak from some manner of authority. The best part of Arizona (mogollon rim) has been over-run by a curious mix of yuppies (Show Low), new-agers (Sedona), drunk Native Americans (Flagstaff), transplanted Californians (pretty much everywhere), and slow driving Snowbirds (again, pretty much everywhere). Throw in a good mix of unbearable heat, oppressive taxation, overbearing government, and dickhead transplants and now you are talking about a garden of Eden, ain't ya?!?!?!

I think I'll stay in New Mexico with the nepotism, drunk driving, low low low IQ, high illiteracy rates, huge dropout problems, high teenage pregnancy and others because I am the 14th smartest and best looking person here! A Mortgage Broker friend of ours moved to Phoenix and called us saying that we should move there because there were a bunch of smart and good looking people there and we would love it. The wife and I thought about it and decided that we don't really like smart pretty people (besides ourselves) and moving to somewhere populated exclusively by these types would negatively impact my bottom line.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Ok I know ill get slammed by my fellow Arizona brothers.  But i fell since i am a true Arizonan, Yes I was born in Arizona.  The one and "Only" thing that N.M. has that we dont have and I "Really" wish we had was legal Fireworks.  I grew up 70 miles west of the N.M. border and every 4th of July we would go to Verden or Lordsburg and buy a ton of Fireworks.  Our Sherrif and City Police didnt seem to care to much.  Heck they even shot them nasty fireworks off.

But other than that N.M. is a waste land.  Mayby thats why fireworks are legal there no big loss if there is a fire.[fire]

Mike
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:04:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I have lived for several years in your beautiful state, near Sierra Vista and others, so I can speak from some manner of authority. The best part of Arizona (mogollon rim) has been over-run by a curious mix of yuppies (Show Low), new-agers (Sedona), drunk Native Americans (Flagstaff), transplanted Californians (pretty much everywhere), and slow driving Snowbirds (again, pretty much everywhere). Throw in a good mix of unbearable heat, oppressive taxation, overbearing government, and dickhead transplants and now you are talking about a garden of Eden, ain't ya?!?!?!

I can't argue with that...  :(
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#20]
NM has no CCW right? On my way to Gunstock I'll have to unholster my gun. Then into TX were I'll be back in business. And Sante Fe has more Yuppies and ex Hippies than all of AZ. Your range sounds nice, wish we had an indoor range in Tucson that I could shoot .223 in. But at least I can carry concealed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:07:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Ok I know ill get slammed by my fellow Arizona brothers.  But i fell since i am a true Arizonan, Yes I was born in Arizona.  The one and "Only" thing that N.M. has that we dont have and I "Really" wish we had was legal Fireworks.  I grew up 70 miles west of the N.M. border and every 4th of July we would go to Verden or Lordsburg and buy a ton of Fireworks.  Our Sherrif and City Police didnt seem to care to much.  Heck they even shot them nasty fireworks off.

But other than that N.M. is a waste land.  Mayby thats why fireworks are legal there no big loss if there is a fire.[fire]

Mike

... Ha!  Who needs girly fireworks when you can have ...
... TANNERITE
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:24:04 AM EDT
[#22]
In AZ we don't get to hear about passed out drunk indians being run over by trains after receiving their welfare checks. We need more trains running through the reservations.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#23]
So.......... how many will there be for next Thursday?

[crickets]

Bueller.......Bueller........Bueller

[crickets]

OK, I'll leave this up for a while.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 9:57:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 7:36:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
NM has no CCW right? On my way to Gunstock I'll have to unholster my gun. Then into TX were I'll be back in business. And Sante Fe has more Yuppies and ex Hippies than all of AZ. Your range sounds nice, wish we had an indoor range in Tucson that I could shoot .223 in. But at least I can carry concealed.

In NM, your car is considered your domicle.  So you can CCW while in your car.  Open carry is also legal in NM.  I dont know how common open carry is there though.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Hey Wiggy thanks for the offer. I'd like to make it to one of your shoots sometime but I'm usually working. I'll make you a counter offer though. If you'd like to go blast at the Zia Gun Club some morning let me know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top