Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2003 9:03:08 AM EDT
I have a nice Maadi that I need to weld a slant muzzle break on to.  The muzzle brake is  14:1 threaded, but the Maadi is not threaded.  However, the brake will fit on over the barrel just fine.  I have a friend who tried to weld it on a previous gun of mine, but his rig didn't burn hot enough.  He said it would have to be "tig" welded or something.  Does anyone know of anyone here in AZ (Phoenix area) that could do this for a modest price?
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 10:34:06 AM EDT
[#1]
HAhahahahahaha, your avatar is fucking hilarious.

I know alot of guys at work that would do it for free. But I work at the airport. So if you wanna try and bring it with you, thats your choice.

I will ask the welders today if they can do it thier spare time at home. IM me with your cross roads and I will try and fing one for you.

Rob
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Most of the SAR1s have a bbl that can be threaded with a die, but the damn MAADI has a reduced diameter muzzle and that's why it can't just be threaded and silver soldered.

You can bring it by the shop and I can get it done in a day or two for 50 bucks. I'll even tough up the finish.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
a320az - thanks - IM sent!

azexarms, I probably should have posted this a few days ago.  On 9/11, I was at CavArms buying two AR lowers from Shawn!  Doh!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top