Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2003 5:44:27 AM EDT
Maybe this can get a tack until after Gunstock is concluded.

If everyone posts their travel itinerary, maybe some of us can hook up and caravan out to Waco.

We are driving out.
The wife, daughter and myself are planning on leaving out about 7PM (from Prescott)on the 9th, and driving straight through to the Hilton's Swimming pool on Thursday afternoon.

We will be at Friday and Saturday's activities, and will be leaving out of Waco Sunday AM for home.

We'll be taking the southern route through Tucson, El Paso,I 20 to Ft Worth, I 35 to Waco.

And we will be taking family radios, so if all of us can come up with an agreed frequency, maybe some of us can actually communicate on the way out and back.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
...daughter...

Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...daughter...

Your such a jackass.

I dont think I will be able to make it to Gunstock. So I guess Im in the Who is not category.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm goin out of Dallas late friday afternoon (after 2). And I'll probably be staying in College Station friday night with JohnDoe555 and then we'll be there Saturday as well.

I just realized this was in the AZ & NM forum...Doh!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
... Well, it was back to reality for me today after a week long vacation. I had originally planned to take a few days off on both sides of the event and rent a motor home to make the trek, but it looks unlikely now. Ay best, if I can swing it, I'll be flying into DFW Friday, renting a car and driving the remaining 100 or so miles to Waco.

... I have to fly back to Manhattan next week for work and it will be cutting it short to make it back.

... Gunstock things are not going the way I had hoped.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Me and Neanderthal will probably be driving straight through friday am.
It would be great to get a caravan going.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Not going.  No time, no money.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:10:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
...no money.  

I hear you on that one, buddy
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Winston...don't rent a car unless you really want to...we can get you there....
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 2 options
Drive out of Tucson the morning of the 9th and get to the Hilton noonish on the 10th,  heading back out Sunday Mornng.

Or, one of my employees is willing to fly me and my gear out on the 10th in a Cessna 182. He'll lay over till Sunday and fly me back. Problem is that at his cost the plane is $80 per hour times about 8 hours, plus I'd have to rent a car in Waco. It would save me a couple of days drive time, but still a lot of $ for the conveniance. I'll probably go with option 1. There is room for a 3rd in the plane if someone wanted to split the cost. Then I'd go with the flight for sure.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#12]
correction larry...you ain't got to rent no frikken car.....At the most, we will be renting vans and picking people up...at the least--I got a 4-door.......
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks hound. Hey Top! Why don't you buy the back seat of the Cessna. It'll keep you out of trouble, Jay won't have to shove his boot up your ass. Our, you can ride shotgun in my truck and if you misbehave I can let Jay's daughter beat the crap out of you.

Jay, how aout channel 12/13. Seems to be fairly clear on the hwy.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Thanks hound. Hey Top! Why don't you buy the back seat of the Cessna. It'll keep you out of trouble,
Jay won't have to shove his boot up your ass. Our, you can ride shotgun in my truck and if you misbehave I can let Jay's daughter beat the crap out of you.

Pretty funny post.

Are you talking 12/13 on FRS radios or CB?
I don't do CB radios anymore if I can avoid it.

I'm pretty sure the FRS radio brands all work together if they are on the same frequencies, and they are a lot clearer than CB's.

Jay

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...no money.  

I hear you on that one, buddy

But as long as you keep a "C" average...

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 6:21:49 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks hound. Hey Top! Why don't you buy the back seat of the Cessna. It'll keep you out of trouble,
Jay won't have to shove his boot up your ass. Our, you can ride shotgun in my truck and if you misbehave I can let Jay's daughter beat the crap out of you.

Pretty funny post.

I'm pretty sure the FRS radio brands all work together if they are on the same frequencies, and they are a lot clearer than CB's.

Jay

I don't know Jay, I have the Talkabouts.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Not going.  No time, no money.  

yeah same here Wish I could go but Im a starving college student. Did mangage to get a Raffle Ticket thu.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 5:29:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pretty funny post.

Jay

I don't know Jay, I have the Talkabouts.

FRS=Talkabouts:
All the different brands, Cobra, Motorola, etc: They will all work the same.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 9:07:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:15:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Funny:

I was thinking of bringing my shotgun.
I guess this settles it.

Jay
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:21:17 AM EDT
[#22]
... Dang, I wasn't planning on bringing any guns. Maybe I'll just "sit this one out".  
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:32:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Texas acknowledges Arizona CCW, correct?

Yep, but not New Mexico.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:54:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Pulling out Thursday morning from Tucson. Anyone else going to be on the road then? And if you have a radio, what channel? I wasn't gping to bring a talkabout unless someone is going to be there to yak too. PS, I'm really looking forward to this trip!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#27]
We are out between 4 and 5 tonight.

See you there.

Jay
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Bulletfest and Camp Perry did me in this year.  Good luck and have fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top