Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2003 8:55:10 AM EDT
Our monthly DBS Shoot is coming up in 2 weeks! Everyone is welcome to come out and join us.

This months shoot looks like it will be one of the best ever. We already have people coming in from several states and will be adding some additional activities. We will have a trap area for you shotgun guys as well as a dedicated pistol target area. A local dealer will be there with some great deals on ammo and we should have some sales tables for parts and whatever else people want to sell. The local sub gun matches start up again this month locally so we will have some subgun target target areas as well.

Set up will be around noon with shooting going into the night. Several of us will be camping and there are some very nice and affordable ($20-30/nite) rooms available within a 10 min drive of the shoot area. Shooting will probably go into Sunday morning!

Maps and photos will be posted in the next day or two.  If anyone has any questions just email or post. See you on the 20th!!!

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
DBS? Dirt Blasting Shoot?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 11:00:26 AM EDT
[#2]
rick I'm planning on being there for a couple hours on saturday.

only bringing the Tommy and the RPD tho.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 5:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Very cool!  It will be good to see you Derek.

Anyone else from AZ coming?

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I sure would be obliged Rick if you could direct us to some cheap, clean lodging for Saturday night, chances are we wont be staying long.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:09:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I sure would be obliged Rick if you could direct us to some cheap, clean lodging for Saturday night, chances are we wont be staying long.

D.
AZEX

Derek, probably the closest lodging to the shoot area is Jean.  Checked with the Goldstrike and the Nevada Landing and both have rooms in the $40/nite range that Saturday.  If you want to be closer to town, the Silverton is the first one you come to but they are booked that weekend.  There are lots of motels in the the general south end of town that are pretty good deals.  Before moving here, when I traveled on biz, I used to stay at the Motel 6 on Tropicana right across from the MGM.  $50ish a nite on weekends and close to everything.  They just remodeled it a couple of years ago too.  You could also call some of the strip hotels that day and play lets make a deal.  You usually can get a room at someplace like the Tropicana or Imperial Palace etc for $60 on the weekend if you catch the right person on the phone.

Hope this helps.
Richard

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 9:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Jean sounds cool, it's only a half hour down the Interstate.

D.
AZEX
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Jean sounds cool, it's only a half hour down the Interstate.

Actually Jean is only 5 or 10 mins from the shoot area.  

See ya next week!

Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:30:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is a status report on the ammo buy this month.  I have to remind everyone that I am NOT running point on this buy.  Caver from the assaultweb is working hard at making this happen.  I would like to give a big public thanks to Caver!  

Here is his update as of today............

I have some good news on the ammo order, and some of the stress I've been experiencing on the matter has started to vanish. We will have just enough PMP .223 to cover all current orders. I will send out a note to everyone who has placed orders confirming this tonight.

There has also been a price reduction on the Russian .40s&w to $95/1000 and we should be getting some .308 and a few other calibers, too. Tracers for various calibers, including 9mm, 7.62x39 and .308 will be available, but pricing and quantity is unknown as of yet.

PMP .223 $128/1000 ** SOLD OUT **
Guatemalan .223 $115/1000
Russian 9mm (steel) $95/1000
Russain 7.62x39 (steel) $75/1000
PMP .45acp $150/1000
Russian .40s&w (steel) $95/1000
Venezuelan .308 (surplus) $28/200 rnd battle pack
Russian 5.45x39 (steel) $90/1000

I would like to stress that I tested a 360 round battle pack of the Guatemalan .223 and I think this stuff is a real bargain. It was physically clean, and functioned one magazine after another flawlessly in my Colt M-16. Most likely I'm going to pick up two 1440 round wooden crates of the stuff for my own personal use. I think it is a great alternative to the PMP, especially if you know your weapon prefers 5.56 instead of the ever-so-slightly different .223.

The ammo guy will be showing up around noon on Saturday. Still not sure about credit cards, so bring cash or your checkbook. Please, exact change if at all possible.

Thanks for your patience, everyone, and look forward to seeing you all at the shoot!

Would also like to mention that we should have a good quantity of ammo from all calibers (except the PMP .223) available even if you didn't reserve any. First come first served, of course!

-Caver
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 11:24:17 AM EDT
[#9]
please save me 1/2 case of .45 as I'm bringing the Tommy gun.

D.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:28:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Julie and I had a great time, I only brought the RPD, the Tommy and the AK.

Of course the RPD and the AK ran great but the SA ammo ran like shit in the Tommy.

BAH!

D.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top