Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2003 1:28:52 PM EDT
I'm looking to get my first rifle here in a few months, and I'm wondering were I could go varmint hunting to get used to the thing (besides the range). I still haven't settled on a caliber yet, or a rifle, either, but that's been taken care of on the PR forum, if you care to stop by and comment. I'd be interested in anything available, espcially if it's available year round. I have family up in the Flagstaff area, so anything near there would be great. Othere suggestions are MORE than welcome, however. Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#1]
AZYougGun, I would like to see young people get into shooting sports. If you go to the link here it will introduce you to High Power rifle shooting.

http://www.arizona.rifleshooting.com/

You can use your Varmint rifle to participate in Silouette shooting.

My suggestion would for you to show up at a High Power rifle event at one of the ranges and join the AZ Junior Team.

ARs are furnished, also they lead and powder.

You reload your own rounds or they help you load them.

Link Posted: 8/9/2003 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Flagstaff, a lot of rabbits to hunt, good coyote hunting, hell just about everything. I used to know of a couple of prarie dog towns east of flag, but I think they were exterminated finally. Plenty of squirrels to hunt and eat there too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top