Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2003 11:01:28 AM EDT
I am only 19.  Is it legal for me to buy it from him or for him to give it to me as a gift, or do I have to wait til I am 21?  If not, is there any paper-work involved in buying/recieving it from him?  I'd figure that I'd ask in the AZ forum since there could be local laws involved in the matter.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Looking thru The Arizona Gun Owners Guide..looks like your good to go...Edit:Upon futher reveiw,it also states that you must be 21 to purchase from a Federally licensed dealer.Hummm
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the wonderful state of AZ.  I bought my first handgun when I was 18 as a private sale.  

So long as it's not from a dealer, you can buy it provided you're 18, a state resident, and have a clean record.

Sounds to me like you're good to go.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:09:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Do people check IDs at funshows when selling firearms privately?

Or is it usually cash/gun... swap/see'ya!

(I've never sold a handgun before so I don't know)
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Az-Ar,

You seem like a good kid! Is there any way that one of your parents will "take possesion" of this pistol and then give it to you (to keep under your own bed, LOL) when you turn 21?

If that were possible, I know you would want to take it to a shoot sometime before you are 21, possibly w/o the parent who "owns" the pistol...That being the case, is it legal for you to be in possesion of the gun at an organized shooting event w/o the parent being present?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
az-ar, go get it, NOW!!!!!!

Quoted:

Do people check IDs at funshows when selling firearms privately?

Or is it usually cash/gun... swap/see'ya!

(I've never sold a handgun before so I don't know)

Depending on how the person looks (yes I am evil and judge books by their cover, get over it) I'll do a "You a felon?"  or  "Let me see your AZDL."  I tell them to cover up their name and address with their fingers cuz I dont wanna know, just wanna see their face on an AZDL.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like your about to have your Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun/Precision Rifle setup done pretty soon. Guess all thats left now is to stock up on ammo!

What kind of handgun is it anyway?

Oh and you are OK in the legal area discussed here as 21 only applies to buying from an FFL.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Raging Bull, .454 Casull

To be honest, I had my brother buy it for me when I was 16 just so I could shoot it.  Kept it at his house at all times, just used it at the range (all  3 or 4 times).  

Obviously, I didn't know that much about guns then, otherwise I would not have gotten a .454.  I was all into power at the moment.  Fun as hell to shoot, but each shot sends a dollar down the range.  Even if i reloaded for it, it would be too much for me for the type of shooting I want to do.

Anyway, I want to take it now to see if I can trade it for something more practical, like a nice auto.

So, anyone got an XD-9 in all black w/ extra mags and ammo they wanna trade for a .454?

Oh yeah, DA, it's not likely I could get my parents to help me w/ anything involving guns.  I am just luck right now that my mom tolerates them in the house.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 12:20:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So, anyone got an XD-9 in all black w/ extra mags and ammo they wanna trade for a .454?

Why dont you get rid of that nickel plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:00:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why dont you get rid of that nickel plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock?

agreed...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top