Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2003 11:37:23 AM EDT
I just got finished sighting in my scope on my AR-15 a couple days ago and as I was driving back from the range I saw a coyote run across the road.  I have never been coyote hunting, but I have resently been hit with coyote fever.  It is probably because I am leaving the country in about a month and will be in Chile for 2 years, so it will be a while before I get an opportunity to do this again.  The only problem is that with all the shooting restrictions in the        forest I don't know where to go.  I also don't know where to find them.  Would any of you hunters out there mind telling me where a good place to go kill some coyotes is?  I am in Mesa but wouldn't mind traveling about an hour or so to get something.
Thanks in advance.
-Clint
Link Posted: 8/1/2003 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#1]

AR_Clint,
           I have a friend that has taken about sixty coyote's. He even makes distress calls for them. I don't know where he goes. But I suggest you get AZ Game & Fish 2003-2004 Hunt regulations book. Any Arizona Sportsman store will have them. Go to page #32 for General Predatory & Fur-bearing Mammals. This will give you all the info you need on where you can hunt statewide. Season is open year round. Also you must have hunting license.  Hope this helps you.

PS. Take a pistol with you. My friend that I mentioned above had called one in. By the time he heard the coyote it was standing two feet behind him. So he used his pistol to kill it.

Also you can hunt on National Forest Land, BLM Land, and State Land. Just abide the hunting rules such as 1/4 mile from structures, no shooting over roadways or water and so forth.
And no hunting for them within city limits. Good Luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top