Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2003 12:11:44 PM EDT
I am finally getting a new job, in Albuquerque!

My start date is supposed to be Sept. 2, and I am completely unfamiliar with the new CCW laws in NM.  I haven't had much luck searching either.  Gunlaws.com doesn't really have dick in the way of NM law.

Can any of you guys give me the lowdown?  My buddy out there reserved two slots in a training course mid-September, but any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:02:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I am starting this off by saying that all I am about to say is 2nd hand info...

From what I've heard, NM just pasted their CCW law.  The classes are starting around Sept/Oct and the 1st CCW permits will be issued in Jan 2004.  They havn't decided on reciprocity as far as I know yet.  I hope they will recognize AZ's CCW as my family just bought some land in NM by Pie Town.  

Good luck with your new job and let me know if you hear anything about the NW CCW.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:05:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

I will post any info I get here in the hometown forum.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:00:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Bystander.

The little additional info I have is that there is a class scheduled in Tijeras the 2nd weekend in September.  $175 includes a 2-day safety and tactics course, as well as the permit fee.

That's all I have for now, and it is second-hand (albeit reliable) information.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:52:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to Albuquerque and congrats on your new job!

As far as the CCW, no there is no reciprocity with anyone yet, the Dept. of Public Safety and the Legislature are reviewing other state's CCWs to determine who may be in line with New Mexico.
My best friend is a licensed instructor and will be holding classes very soon. I WILL be able to square you away regarding a class.

As far as the relocation, give me a call if you need ANY help along the housing route.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:51:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Wiggy762.

I already have my eye on a nice place in Tijeras.  Now I just have to sell my place here so I have a good downpayment.

I will keep you informed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top