Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2003 10:41:14 PM EDT
I challenge any and all to come to the soon-to-be-weekly gathering of phx area FA'ers, ARFKOMers and FAL Filers at the....

Speedway Indoor Go Kart racing track.

Sundays at Noon.

This is so much fun you'll be wondering why you never came here before.

Fenster, a cop friend of ours, myself and a couple others have been kicking each others' asses on this track, it is a blast!

Course...

15 Laps, 1 familiarization lap, 2 qual. laps and 12 lap race. Computer keeps all times, and it is strict! I went from 2nd to 3rd in a race today even tho I came in the gate 2nd, I lost to the next racer who had a better time...

...by .39 seconds!!! Bah!

Cars....

Open wheel 4 stroke gas powered, heavy bump bar all around.

Speed...

Fast, you have to learn the track and drive smart or you'll end up spun out and pissed.

Location...

Indoors! Evap cooled. A/C viewing areas.

Directions....

Take I-10 to the 24th st exit near the airport, go south to University Dr. then Right on University to 22nd St. Go Right, cross RR tracks, go to end, you'll see huge sign.

Price...

Walk in, one race, 22 bucks. Includes headsock and closed shoe rental if you need shoes, and helmet rental.

Membership...20 bucks for the year. Gets you, headsock, Tshirt, driver license, special promos, and 16 dollar races for that entire year.

Sundays are always slow so let's get together and do some racing!

D.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#1]
We should also meet up somewhere afterwards for a cold one.

Any suggestions.

Fenster.

PS. Gadsen drives like an old lady.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 10:56:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The cold ones should be had before the race!
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:26:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Damm now I'm going to have to change my days off, if I want to get in on this!!!! But this does sound cool.

Might drop in to check it out soon.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#4]
At what times do they start the races and how long do they usually last?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The place opens at 11:00am and closes at 1:00pm on the weekends. every other day is from 11 to 11.

Fenster.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]
that's a 1 AM close on fri/sat night.

woo hoo!

D.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#7]

Sounds fun!   What Sunday do we start?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I went down yesterday to try that out.  Dam that was fun.  Got my ass kicked of course.  After a few laps i was starting to get how to take turns more efficiently so to keep speed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:32:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's their website www.speedwayraceway.com

I'm interested in going.I'll be an Arizona citizen by August 1st
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:31:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
PS. Gadsen drives like an old lady.

I can picture that.

Jay

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I went in here once and it looks like a blast. My kids are to young to drive these cars so we left. I wanted to take a spin but I knew they would be pissed off and hate me forever. So yeah I'd be up for it!
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 2:38:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I would love to join you all, but I can't make it out on Sundays due to religious beliefs. I have, however, looked into Speedway, and am very interested. A little pricey, yes, but once I can get a "racing license," at least the price drops.

I do have one question, however. I've heard that there is another place in the area that does somewhat the same thing. I can't seem to remeber the name or the site address, however. I think it's Fast Track, or Fast Lane, or something. Anyone know? I'd appreciate it! Maybe I'll see some of you there some other time.

Nick
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Now that's I've been, I can sum it up as such: That stuff if gonna get me in trouble! I'm hooked!

Since I was first in line before practice and qualifications, I was able to hold first all the way around for all practice and qual. laps. I pulled 3rd. The race started, and my blood was pumping! My friend who went with me spun out about half way through, and we fought for his position for a lap.

In reality, we weren't fighting, I was just trying to lap him, since he was behind me the whole time. I also lapped a guy from the army (well, he was wearing a shirt, and his "handle" was "The PFC"). Overall, I pulled 4th in the race. My best lap time was 33.03 seconds. Now I want to try my hand on the Monday Night Challenge.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Fenster and I went again Sunday at about 6pm, no one else was there, we need to co-ordinate this shyt!

D.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 9:20:04 PM EDT
[#15]
How about 8pm Sunday?

D.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 2:05:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top