Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2003 6:51:09 PM EDT
Can anyone say as to if this show is worth attending? We have worthless shows here in California and would not like to drive 350 miles to see another one. Thanks
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a decent show but probably the smallest one that Crossroads puts on in Phoenix. It's small because it's held inside the coliseum where there is AC, not in the exhibit buildings with swamp coolers. The December Crossroads show combined with SAR is the largest in AZ.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#2]
My main interest is looking at FAL "stuff" right now, nothing in particular. Any idea if this will satisfy that?
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It is the smallest Crossroads show like has been said. It is being held in the Icehouse Arena but alot of us Vegas folks are still going to it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It is the smallest Crossroads show like has been said. It is being held in the Icehouse Arena but alot of us Vegas folks are still going to it.

Wow, Vegas folks would drive to AZ to attend a small Crossroads show? I'd have thought that Vegas shows would have everything you could desire.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#5]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=22&t=171326&w=myTopicPop

The Vegas show sucks!!! Crossroads here we come!!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 12:32:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Heck, a small Crossroad's show is better than a big Terd-Mark show!
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll second that Gunslinger808. I have sold a lot of stuff out of that show it wasn't even funny and had gotten some good deals also (brand new collapsible BM Alum. Buttstock $20 and 2 like new Colt 20 round mags $10ea) Plus it is air conditioned, that a big plus during the summer. I’ll be setting up on my buddy’s table to sell a few left over odds and ends that I have here at the house. I will be on the look out for a used Beretta 92fs blued for myself and a G21 for a friend.  
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Heck, a small Crossroad's show is better than a big Terd-Mark show!

Unless yer lookin' fer toys $ jerky. LOL!
AB
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 12:14:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Hawk1,   If your looking for FAL stuff check out: www.azexarms.com/

Derek can build what you want. Give him a call!
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#10]
I have that site bookmarked as well as Arizona Response System. One or the other will most likely get the finish and final assembly. Liked the "moly coatings" they offer. We are 99% sure of going to the Crossroads show so a few minor parts will be needed if the price is right?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:04:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Wait for the SAR crossroads show in December, it is the best one of the whole year.

SAR = small arms review
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:59:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have that site bookmarked as well as Arizona Response System. One or the other will most likely get the finish and final assembly. Liked the "moly coatings" they offer. We are 99% sure of going to the Crossroads show so a few minor parts will be needed if the price is right?

Go with AZEX Arms! T Mark (of ARS) will treat you poorly. (it's too bad, his work is outstanding)
AB
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#13]
It would be nice to run into some Arf.commers at the show I will be wearing my WECSOG ball-cap. If you see me stop and say hi,it's nice to put a face with a name.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It would be nice to run into some Arf.commers at the show I will be wearing my WECSOG ball-cap. If you see me stop and say hi,it's nice to put a face with a name.

I'll be wearing my AR15.com grey shirt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:19:25 PM EDT
[#16]
I believe I saw abunch of you guys, but I was there only a short period of time. It was a ammo purchase trip for me. having two Fal's and a Ar-15 tends to eat up ammo quick. Plus needed 30-06 for the P-17.

Saw some nice prices for some good condition SP-1's and Pre-bans.  
If your looking for FAL stuff, both ARS and AZEX had good display tables.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#17]
SJetwrench,

I think I talked to you today over at the AZEX booth, I asked if you were Tom. I couldn't remember who was wearing the WECSOG cap. Maybe next time we can talk a little bit more. I finally met up with Triggerfish there, I recognized him by his M16.

They did announce that the SAR show in Dec. will be a 3 day event this year again.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#18]
(disregard old secret squirrel name on here)

Great to see all of you today!

Look forward to meeting more of you tomorrow!

Come on by! I'm tucked back in the north building, near the west door.

You can tell the difference between my old boss and me, I bathe regularly.

And I love my OD US Border Patrol Boonie!

D. www.azexarms.com
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#19]

I missed you Derek. I don't know how though. I was talking to my friend from EAU Sales. We even went out the west door to smoke.  But I only got my K-Bar knife I've been wanting. Model 1212. One thing that did look nice is the front rail systems that POF-USA is making.I know they mainly do H&K stuff. But these rail systems they are making for AR's are real nice and light.Only .75 pounds. It even has front swivel that turns 360 degrees.

If anyone is interested go to: www.pof-usa.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top