Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2003 6:00:12 PM EDT
Why? Because Ive never been there!

Show up around 7:30 and enjoy NICE weather until about Noon or so!

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 1:51:23 AM EDT
[#1]
... How did it go bro?
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey WW...

I think its a nice place to shoot! It was very busy when I got there at 7:30.

They have range Nazis, but they are good guys doing a MUCH APPRECIATED job.

The $5.00 fee was a fair deal and targets were cheap!

I basically put in some quality-time with the bolt gun and I was pretty happy with the results. I'll take 1/2" groups at 200 yds anyday!

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#3]
You're a step ahead of me. I've been here 7 years and still have not gone to Ben Avery. I think that it is because we haven't organized a shoot there. If we have, I missed that one. If you're into Glocks, the Glock talk people meet up there once a month. www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127864 One of these days, I'll drag my butt up there.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 11:16:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Too regimented for me!  I like to shoot gong and such!  punching holes in paper with some old fart watching your every move ain't my bag, BABE!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I remember a while back we were using the tables as cover to shoot from. Range nazis didn't like that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'll take 1/2" groups at 200 yds anyday!

I call
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 9:54:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll take 1/2" groups at 200 yds anyday!

I call

Hey Mitch!

Nope, got the Magnum Research working REALLY good!

At 200 yds, Federal Gold Medal Match 168gr are good for about 1". If I use the Hornady TAP 168gr, I get 1/2" groups pretty consistantly.

The trick is to clean the living shit out of the bore and to get every last speck of copper fouling out of it. I spent almost 3 hours scrubbing before shooting it.

The FMP gets VERY accurate with the Portugese 168gr after a good cleaning. But I'm thinking a squeeze-cocker might be fun too!  
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude, I think you need a vacation from AZ.  You need to come up here over the 4th of July and take the carbine class with us on July 5-6.  You don't want to get behind the learning curve!
Hope all's well,
Sleepy717
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top