Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 11:22:52 PM EDT
How about this!? We all have different skills and vocations. Why don't we share this information with each other?
How many here CANNOT read a map or use a compass? How many people here can't start a fire with one match? How many people here can't change thier own oil or change out a flat?
There are many things I do not know how to do.
How about at the Casa Grande Shoot and the Flagstaff camp we break off into groups with an Instructor type person to learn something new. Each session could last about an hour and then you could rotate to new skill or something. I for one need help shooting rifles accurately, and using GPS, and nighttime navigation.

I can offer to teach the following skills: Kydex Holster Making, Sewing(leather and Manly type sewing), and four strand braiding for turning binder twine or string into stronger cordage.

What do you all say? Good Idea?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Can I instruct the shoe tying course?
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm in, the GPS thing would be nice to know, especially since I sell them(aircraft version)! I'll volunteer a sort non-certified subgun course. I took one after shooting my MP5 like crap at the first CG shoot. Now that I have proper technique I'd be glad to share. And I'm pretty good with pistolas too. Teach better than I shoot. Haven't used a compass since boy scouts. So navigation by map,compass and GPS would be nice.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like a cool idea. Wish I was down that way to see this happen.

If I lived down there, I'd be instructing the following:

Photoshop
Advanced Photoshop
Video Editing
Photography basics
Digital Photography
Build-your-own Computer
and How to pee on an electric fence

er... guess you guys aren't gonna miss much by me not being around.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I could tape all of your buns together
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 10:44:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Sounds lika a great idea on the surface, much like communism!!!

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

-Robert A. Heinlein

This reply doesn't seem to make sense, does it?

Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:29:46 AM EDT
[#6]
no.

I think you're trying to imply that I need to forget half the stuff I know so I'm not a communist anymore... right?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I think its too late for some of you...
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#8]
LOTBOY can teach advanced masturbation techniques!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
LOTBOY can teach advanced masturbation techniques!

And you know this from experience?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:12:20 PM EDT
[#10]
uh oh.... now this thread is getting nasty! Sign me up LOTBOY!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:30:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top