Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2003 9:45:44 AM EDT
I just saw that I missed the get together last night.. DOH... was wondering if there was anything going on today or tomorrow for Memorial Day in the Phoenix area.

Wife and baby back in New York + all my guns, ATV, and other fun toys still in New York = too damn much TV watching for me on a long weekend  
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#1]
are you dwelling in these parts now, Bro?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:59:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't understand why no one does night shoots!

It's great practice for low light, plus the fucking flies aren't all over you.  I won't do another day shoot until fall unless it's raining.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:11:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I'm the newest import out here!

Still in the process of moving... our house won't be done until the end of July, so my wife and baby are back in New York getting everything packed while I'm here working.

I'm the owner of a new Pool Service, and am a Loan Officer with a local Mortgage Broker.

I'm pissed at myself for not checking this forum all week and totally missing the thread about dinner last night... I would have been there if I had seen it
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:27:37 AM EDT
[#5]
What end of town are you going to be living in?
If you need any help moving dont be afraid to ask.

Welcome!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:35:47 AM EDT
[#6]
JLA, I'll be heading to the Queen Valley range Monday morning (7-8ish). I'll be taking a bunch of toys (sorry no tannerite or class III). You're welcome to use what I take out there (.223, 9mm, 7.62X39, 12ga, .22). Anyone else is welcome (encouraged) to show up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 10:57:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in the SouthEast Valley... Ahwatukee-Chandler area. And thank you very much for the offer!

Where is the Queen Valley range and can you give me directions?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 11:49:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:07:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool! Alot of us are in the Northern Chandler area. We will have to throw an ATF party!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 12:44:48 PM EDT
[#10]
JLA -Send me an email and I'll fwd a copy of the map that WinstonWolf sent me.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

... Hold on a minute, we had a night shoot prior to the "Tannerite Run" in Queen Valley on the 5th of this month. Had a couple pieces of night vision equitment too.

... BTW, Where were you last night markm? You know, the more of these gatherings you miss the more you become a convesation piece!
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll be visiting Henry's grave in the morning.

Link Posted: 5/25/2003 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#13]

Threefiftynone,  What was the answer to your avatar? The hammering of the mag and who won?

Also I'll try to make the Queen Valley shoot tomorrow. I've spent all day today reloading ammo and trying to get it all done this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:15:02 PM EDT
[#14]
JLA what kind of ATV do you have?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I would be out there with you guys, but I have to work medical at the River/Saguaro Lake for MCSO.  So if anyone wants to come and play at the lake, I'll be the guy on the MCSO boat in blue with my medical bags.  And if you crash and get hurt, it'd give me something to do!!  
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a Honda Sportrax 400EX.

Can't wait to get it out here.. you know some good places to ride in the area?
Link Posted: 5/25/2003 9:43:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Ahh very nice. I just got a 2000 Banshee 350, im a noob to the quad stuff right now. I only know of one spot to go and even I think it sucks. Sycamore creek is a big spot but I have yet to ride out there. Just make sure that where ever you go, you are off of indian land.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm there for the night shoots! Used to go shooting all the time at 2-3am out at Bulldog Canyon off of the Beeline Hwy till they closed it down..We used to go WAY inside the canyon and play with all kinds of toys. Only problem were the creepy crawleys...We saw snakes, tarantulas, mice, etc...YUCK!

There's a HUGE ATV place down by Yuma. I don't know the exact location, but I heard lots of weekend partiers there. I think it's real close to the Mexican border. I have a lil-ol' AlphaSports (off brand) 150cc that carts my fat rear around pretty well. I just go out my backyard..Plenty of room to roar...But I'm kind of a slow poke..I like to see the scenery and I like my legs attached..

BTW, where is the Queen Valley range?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:45:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

... There's a HUGE ATV place down by Yuma. I don't know the exact location, but I heard lots of weekend partiers there ...

... Ah yes of course, it's called Glamis, CA and you must go at least once. Before I hit middle age I used caravan down with friends a few times a year. I'll have to show you some video I took once on a Thanksgiving (biggest run of the year) weekend. Absolutely bizarre. I saw things that night, that I swear, I accused buddies and brothers of mine of slipping me a hallucinogenic "Mickey".

... Sometime when in Glamis, go have a bowl of chili at Boardmanville Trading Post.

... There's a nice, little out-patient hospital in Brawley, CA. (Just keep that in the back of your mind ;)

... You DO NOT go to Glamis in SUMMER months.
... Go to "The Cinders, north of Flagstaff" in the summer. DO NOT go to the cinders WINTER, go to Glamis then.

... I'll post a couple teaser pix if I can find them.

glamisdunes.com/
www.glamis.org/
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Ahh yes.. the infamous Dunes... I will definitely have to make a trip out there sometime. I've heard it's THE place to ride.... period.

Would I need to get paddle-tires to ride there or just in certain areas?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Would I need to get paddle-tires to ride there or just in certain areas?

... The inverse. You need paddles, few places you'd ride knobbies.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... Hold on a minute, we had a night shoot prior to the "Tannerite Run" in Queen Valley on the 5th of this month. Had a couple pieces of night vision equitment too.

... BTW, Where were you last night markm? You know, the more of these gatherings you miss the more you become a convesation piece!

I didn't know about the 5/5 shoot!

And I couldn't get protest signs made up on such short notice for the Dinner! Plus, I had dental work which left me with souchers in my mouth, and orders to stay away from alcohol.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:06:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Some pics from the shoot...

DOH!! Someone parked in the wrong spot...
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:34:40 PM EDT
[#24]
After today, my ister's boyfriend is convinced that they definitely need to move to AZ. We all had a good time. NFA-USER, thanks for spotting me the 12ga ammo and letting use the F/A lower for the 9mm. DevilsAdvocate, the HK was great. It was actually my first time shooting a .308 rifle. I also did my first bump fire today with an AK.  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:01:43 PM EDT
[#25]
... I see ya'll didn't go all the way back to the mine.

... ?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Apparently, there were some yay-hoos doing some stupid cross-fire shooting at the box canyon, so the guys opted for the wayside.

LOL...Azcopwannabe found them anyway!!! LOL

Meanwhile, Im trying to get the NEW tannerite video onto my pc...LOL...the 100' wheel/tire launch...on tape!

STAY TUNED!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah Bi-atches!!!!! Try to hide from me!!!! I dare you! How did you like my pimped out SKS?? Its pretty damn accurate for what it is. I see you posted a pic of MY target BOARD!! Cooool! This is an awesome place to shoot. In my opinion, this should be the new ARFCOM AZ shoot location. We need to get some trucks to haul trash away and some chalk to mark out ranges and the firing line, make it a lil nicer. That pic of the car.... thats what I want to do to my 23 yr old chevy.:)
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:10:28 PM EDT
[#28]
... Sheesh, whadda you guys gonna do while I'm gone? LOL.
... Be kewl bro's, save a seat for me until I get home!
... Gawd, I love Arizona!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top