Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/10/2022 12:27:44 PM EDT
Got my ballot in the mail today and I dont know much about any of these guys other than watching them spout off at the debates
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 4:21:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm thinking Gibbons or Timken, but as per usual, our options are sh!t.
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 6:44:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm thinking Gibson or Timken, but as per usual, our options are sh!t.
View Quote

I was thinking of the old southpark episode where it was Giant douche vs Turd Sandwich
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be voting for JD Vance, he did the best by far in the debates. I had my doubts at first, but he seems really well spoken and shares my views on most of the issues
Link Posted: 4/10/2022 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Going by BFA, Mandel is probably my choice. He's the only one with an actual record. For some reason Vance reminds me of Crenshaw from Texas.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:11:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 8:49:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Voting Josh, I've known him for many years and he's a solid guy with experience.  Smart, conservative and wealthy enough that he does not need to be on the payroll.
View Quote

I don't know him, but his social media posts make him seem like a douche.  He is trying too hard to be Trump, he's not Trump.  

I am not impressed with any of them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yeah, he is.  His posts are not great, but he's a good guy who has done well for Ohio overall.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know him, but his social media posts make him seem like a douche.  He is trying too hard to be Trump, he's not Trump.  

I am not impressed with any of them.

Yeah, he is.  His posts are not great, but he's a good guy who has done well for Ohio overall.
At least they aren't mean.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I was thinking Mandell as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:20:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Mandell is the only one that has a real track record on 2A. Any jack ass can pose with fudds and have their minions fill out a survey. Vote however you see fit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:19:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Gibbons publicly states on his website that he is a member of the National Rifle Association.  None of the others I listed above willingly say that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think Vance has a better chance of winning the seat than Mandel or Gibbons.  I don't know as much about the other candidates, which doesn't give me much confidence in them.
View Quote

Not a single person I know has mentioned him.  Well, a few but more of "screw that guy" or "anyone but vance"   He is already a flipflopper on his stances before he ran for office, you think that would change in office?

And to the person above me, NRA membership, well, aint what it used to be.  I'd trust BFA's ratings.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 10:57:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not a single person I know has mentioned him.  Well, a few but more of "screw that guy" or "anyone but vance"   He is already a flipflopper on his stances before he ran for office, you think that would change in office?

And to the person above me, NRA membership, well, aint what it used to be.  I'd trust BFA's ratings.
View Quote
True this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:27:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I don't know who I'll primary for yet, but I'll guarantee you I'm never voting for Mandel.

He's a little weasel. Probably won't vote for Gibbons, either. Those two deserve each other and don't deserve Ohio voters.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 11:50:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I don't know who I'll primary for yet, but I'll guarantee you I'm never voting for Mandel.

He's a little weasel. Probably won't vote for Gibbons, either. Those two deserve each other and don't deserve Ohio voters.
View Quote

This sentiment leads me to Timken, though I fear she's "too Republican" and not enough straight up freedom.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Out of all of them I think Gibbons or Vance are the only two that 1) could win the general and 2) could be 'coached' by the constituents into doing a minority of things right.

• Timken is 'old guard republican' from the Bush2.0 mold

• Mandel of the last 2 years is  great at shouting what he thinks the people he meets with want to hear, but will likely alienate too many others in DC to have any real impact.

• Dolan and Pukita won't win the general.

• Patel I didn't even know was running until this week when I looked at the candidates.

Likely I will give Vance a chance unless something drastic changes simply because between him and Gibbons I think Vance can pull more people to him in the general.

JLE
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 6:26:57 PM EDT
[#19]
What did Vance flip flop on? I know he wasn't a fan of Trump at first, then changed his mind. Were there other issues?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:13:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What did Vance flip flop on? I know he wasn't a fan of Trump at first, then changed his mind. Were there other issues?
View Quote

Vance commented that he "might have to vote for Hillary".

I don't care HOW much he disliked Trump (and wouldn't necessarily hold that against him), I can't imagine someone willing to publicly pontificate a willingness to vote for her has much in common with me or could be trusted to defend my rights. I see it as a major lapse in judgement for a guy who's trying to sell himself as a conservative.

He won't get my vote. I'll write myself in there, if it comes to that.

ETA - OK, I've done some quick reading. I'm changing this to "maybe, with reservations". I'm still not a big fan of the guy.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#21]
None of them are appealing to me. IDK who I'll pull the lever for in the primary.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
None of them are appealing to me. IDK who I'll pull the lever for in the primary.
View Quote

Nailed it!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Pretty sad that we can't get someone worth a damn to run at the federal level.

The swamp is deep.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Pretty sad that we can't get someone worth a damn to run at the federal level.

The swamp is deep.
View Quote
Agreed, this is why we need to pay special attention to the State legislature and judges. I'd give OH a pretty good grade in that regard. I say "pretty good".

Whatever the case, I will pull the lever for R and cross my fingers. I just can't see turning over my State to the likes of Sherrad Brown again.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

The thing, for me at least, isnt the fact that he changed his mind.  I would appreciate and think higher(cant say highly) of someone who said what a horrible person President Trump while he was running for president, but then after President Trump's term say... well, I was wrong, he did a lot of good for this country.

But that's not what he did.  He deleted his posts about how he was critical of him.  He got caught by CNN doing it.  In March of '17 he said "In 4 years, I hope people remember that it was those of us who empathized with Trump’s voters who fought him the most aggressively.”  Well, I remember.  

Some other gems:  "During the 2016 campaign, Vance wrote in USA Today, “Trump’s actual policy proposals, such as they are, range from immoral to absurd.” The same year, as it became clear Trump would become the GOP presidential nominee, Vance wrote in The Atlantic that “Trump is cultural heroin,” who “makes some feel better for a bit.”"

BUt what do I know, President Trump just endorsed Dr. Oz.  What in the actual hell is that?  I had hoped he had gotten better people advising him, but maybe not :(

Back to Ohio though, As of now, it's going to be Mandel.  He has a record, hasn't waffled to my knowledge, and seems like a stand up guy.  But he IS a politician, as is Timkin, and Dolan.   President Trump was not, JD Vance is not, Gibbons is not, Putka is not .
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#27]
cool thing about this year; we have alternatives to choose from in primaries, especially this senate race and governor race....
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:50:09 PM EDT
[#28]
JD Vance being a "former" outspoken never-Trumper is a major turnoff to me...  if you want to work in the swamp, JD, ...you should've had the foresight and intution to know that Trump's tactics, although "abrasive" and "non-contemporary" were necessary (was pretty damn obvious from the hurricane-force swamp backlash against him from 2016 on...); you see what this damn swamp is now, you gotta play hardball, ...patty-cake republicanism loses against the mafia, ...Trump took them on like no-one else ever could've...   ...now, why the sudden change of heart for JD? ...well, duh, you can't win this primary in OH being anti-Trump...   so now, he's pro-Trump, because, well it's the cool thing (and necessary) to do...  

...as far as i know, Timken and Mandel have exhibited support of Trump from early on, ...if i'm missing something here, please correct...
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 8:35:03 AM EDT
[#30]
President Trump to endorse Vance

What the actual Smurf.....where are the likes of Enoch Powell, surely they exist in Ohio....

Mandel reminds me of Captain America in Generation Kill, while I appreciate his service, he was not up to the task of taking on Sherrod Brown, not once but twice....do we really want him in DC?

GIbbons, well I'm leaning towards him because he's a businessman and the country needs to be run like a business.

Timken, I dunno, just want someone in there that is worth a damn.

Vance, another Romney, sucking up to President Trump, only to piss on him once in office...
The rest, not worth it..
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#31]
President Trump endorses Vance

It's a done deal....

Not sure I can hold my nose and vote for Vance..
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#32]
I lost respect for Trump when he said "Take the guns first, go through due process second."  

'Take the guns first, go through due process second.'

Mike Gibbons has the endorsement of Rand Paul.  That means more to me than Trump's endorsement.  Gibbons has my vote.

Senator Rand Paul Endorses Mike Gibbons
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 2:49:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
President Trump endorses Vance

It's a done deal....

Not sure I can hold my nose and vote for Vance..
View Quote
I won't. As much as I believe Trump did a great job, I don't think he's the best judge of personnel, Jeff Sessions for example.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#34]
What, you guys aren't voting for Tim Ryan?  He wants to get tough on China just like Trump in this ad that conspicuously omits his party affiliation.

Tim Ryan for Senate – One Word

Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:45:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What, you guys aren't voting for Tim Ryan?  He wants to get tough on China just like Trump in this ad that conspicuously omits his party affiliation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU9YAjAyF0w
View Quote

He's a bit late to the party with China....
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#36]

While this duche bag (Josh) is a lefty, He is not misstating Vances' words.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#38]
As much as it pains me to write it, JD Vance is probably the best chance we have of retaining the Senate seat.
While I can live with giving up the Governors seat to Nan Whaley, the Senate seat is a hell of a lot harder to get your guy into. Smurf, Sherrod Brown has been in there how long, and what exactly has he done?
I guess the same could he said of Portman, but if Tim Ryan gets in, we're toast.

I believe President Trump sees that Vance is the best shot, and atleast he isn't running solely on his service to the country,  as a Marine...
So, I will hold my nose once again andl pull the lever for Vance...
I guess I should take the Gibbons sign out of my front yard.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:18:46 PM EDT
[#39]
vote for whom you want to, ...that's what primaries are for!    then, after the primary, it's a totally new race....
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
vote for whom you want to, ...that's what primaries are for!    then, after the primary, it's a totally new race....
View Quote

And it should be treated like a game of Chess..
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:29:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree.  I never "hold my nose" in a primary.  I do a lot of that in general elections...
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I would ask that you all take a look at Mark Pukita.

He’s one of the “unknowns” but he’s a Constitutional Conservative through and through. I had a chance to hear him speak and ask him questions at a Blystone event. He is a very successful businessman who isn’t doing this for the money, he’s very well spoken and tough as nails. He’s tired of the swamp politics and wants to make a difference.

I will no longer vote for the best of the worst, I’ll vote for the candidate who stands for my beliefs.

You can learn more about Pukita and read his policy statement on his page....

https://pukitaforsenate2022.com/

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/36030/04DECE97-659E-4501-8DFC-3ECF6A7F2F5E-2355363.jpg

View Quote

I'll probably be voting for Pukita.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Watching Vance on Newsmax now...it's a Townhall and he's the only Senate candidate that turned up.

He addressed the Trump hating...not sure I buy it 100%, but he owned it..
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Definitely not Mandel.

Beyond that, not sure at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 1:30:12 AM EDT
[#47]
...been noticing a bunch of pukita yard signs popping up around here...
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't see anything wrong with that.  Other than him deleting it.
View Quote

Uhh. saying we're the party of the low education? You dont see anything wrong with that?  Donno about you, but I'm pretty well educated.  The people I know that voted for President Trump are pretty well educated.  My father, whom got his GED when I was about 15, may not have been educated according to the liberals who make that declaration, sure as shit was smarter than many men I know.

America's Hitler?  Really, nothing wrong with that?  

Now granted, all those things can be said and I have no problem with it except not agreeing with it.  Deleting it and trying to wipe it under the rug and getting caught, well thats a whole 'nother ball of wax for me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:24:51 AM EDT
[#49]
So I was listening to 610  yesterday afternoon.  They were talking to those that went to the rally Saturday.  

A caller said they were making people take shirts off, or turn them inside out and removing signs.  Also heard Blystone was not allowed in( although another caller said he was inside, so who knows)

I get that President Trump sponsored the rally and had it for Vance, but not allowing anything for Governor?  What's up with that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 9:58:07 AM EDT
[#50]
I’m not only blown away that Trump would endorse a Never-Trumper, but also that Vance would accept the endorsement. It tells me everything I need to know about him as a person.  That he’s willing to sacrifice his integrity just to get elected.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top