Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Page / 3
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I hope Mandel gets the message and stops wasting our time and other people's money running for office.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:16:04 PM EDT
[#2]
98% precincts reporting....  

...more than 1M votes cast in the R governor, and R senator races....     that's more than 2x votes cast in the respective D races!!

Link Posted: 5/3/2022 11:39:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope Mandel gets the message and stops wasting our time and other people's money running for office.
View Quote

Amen..
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 6:59:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 7:20:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
98% precincts reporting....  

...more than 1M votes cast in the R governor, and R senator races....     that's more than 2x votes cast in the respective D races!!

View Quote

And the establishment  shills all won overwhelmingly.

No one ever learns.

I won't  vote for Vance or Dewine in the General election. I think I'm  done over all. Evididently the State  likes the corruption  and authoritarianism.

They will get what they voted for.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#6]
None of my votes worked out.  At this point I do believe that holding my nose in the general will work out best.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So we're better off with a D in the governor's office and a D in the Senate?

What kind of bullshit is this?

View Quote

Not saying that.

Just saying the people in the state overwhelmingly voted in the worst possible establishment shills they could find. I will not vote in the race for Governor nor will I vote for Vance. I will sit those two out.

We just voted in the same worthless asswipes that do nothing.  In a few years everyone will be tired of the same old B.S. and the Dems will walk right in after everyone is sick of the establishment again. What is going to happen to the D party in that time? They are going to move farther to the left and when everyone realizes they voted in lame ass old men with no ideas that do nothing except pillage the state coffers  - the farther left Dems will run younger activists and walk right in.

We had a chance for change. For fresh blood. We chose the same old B.S. we complain about day after day.

I'll vote for Trump or Desantis or Abbot or whoever is on the ballot next time around. I will not vote for the establishment in Ohio.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not saying that.

Just saying the people in the state overwhelmingly voted in the worst possible establishment shills they could find. I will not vote in the race for Governor nor will I vote for Vance. I will sit those two out.

We just voted in the same worthless asswipes that do nothing.  In a few years everyone will be tired of the same old B.S. and the Dems will walk right in after everyone is sick of the establishment again. What is going to happen to the D party in that time? They are going to move farther to the left and when everyone realizes they voted in lame ass old men with no ideas that do nothing except pillage the state coffers  - the farther left Dems will run younger activists and walk right in.

We had a chance for change. For fresh blood. We chose the same old B.S. we complain about day after day.

I'll vote for Trump or Desantis or Abbot or whoever is on the ballot next time around. I will not vote for the establishment in Ohio.
View Quote

Yep.

I fully expect DeWine to move more toward the middle again, now that he has nothing to worry about but opinion polls.

Not a big fan of Vance, but I'll give him ONE shot. Hopefully all his talk isn't just talk. I'm assuming it is, though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Will  vote for Vance in the general but skipping on Dewine and leaving that blank, fuck him.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:46:42 AM EDT
[#11]
How fitting that the weather is shitty today!
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:53:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:57:58 AM EDT
[#13]

I wonder if there were a number of Democrats jumping party?  Doesn't seem that way, but just thinking out loud.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I feel like Ohio is full of that type of “Republican.”
View Quote

Yep, the 'old guard republicans' circa Bush era(s) are still powerful here in Ohio.

I consider them Democrats who actually earned a living.

JLE
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:15:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not saying that.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So we're better off with a D in the governor's office and a D in the Senate?

What kind of bullshit is this?

Not saying that.

Republican voters in this state have proven time and again most of them are pretty dumb. Which state was the only one stupid enough to have it's Republican primary go for Kasich in 2016? Now after 2 years of BS COVID lockdown under Daddy DeWine, they put him back in. Politics in this state are pants on head retarded. I'm amazed we've managed to get the pro-gun stuff passed we have.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yep.
I fully expect DeWine to move more toward the middle again, now that he has nothing to worry about but opinion polls.

Not a big fan of Vance, but I'll give him ONE shot. Hopefully all his talk isn't just talk. I'm assuming it is, though.
View Quote

Same. Hopefully the repubs keep a veto-proof majority to get things passed the next four years.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#17]
Imagine that, Renacci + Blystone > DeWine.

It's not a surprise that the R turnout was high when you look at the hate for DeWine.

Unfortunately Renacci split the vote and Blystone never had a chance from the start.

It's still my opinion this was specifically the intention for him entering the race.

Anyone who decides to skip the Nov vote is just as bad as a never-Trumper, though.

That isn't a vote for who you want, and it hasn't been in my entire lifetime.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:55:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:01:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Hopefully all his talk isn't just talk. I'm assuming it is, though.
View Quote

As someone who works with elected officials on the daily, they're ALL talk.

This is why I was hoping for Blystone/Pukita; neither are politicians; just successful business men who cared enough about their state to serve.

It's a shame they didn't make it.

Are the official numbers posted yet? Would like to see how close it was.

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Will  vote for Vance in the general but skipping on Dewine and leaving that blank, fuck him.
View Quote

I'm having a hard time with this.

Fucking hate Dewine, but am I prepared to put up with 4yrs of Nan telling me, I'm racist because I'm white, a criminal because a man like me owns firearms, I can't comment on women's rights when they dictate what a woman is, oh, and it's for the children, but they should be allowed to decide when they can kill them...

It's a tough pill to swallow, and even though I voted Blystone, if he had he not been in the race, Renacci would have stood a better chance of getting Dewine off the ballot in Novemeber, even though both of them look like sex cases...
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Fucking hate Dewine, but am I prepared to put up with 4yrs of Nan telling me, I'm racist because I'm white, a criminal because a man like me owns firearms, I can't comment on women's rights when they dictate what a woman is, oh, and it's for the children, but they should be allowed to decide when they can kill them...

It's a tough pill to swallow, and even though I voted Blystone, if he had he not been in the race, Renacci would have stood a better chance of getting Dewine off the ballot in Novemeber, even though both of them look like sex cases...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Always remember.. We are fighting TWO wars.  And it's important not to conflate the two. We have the enemy charging our lines. And the war of leadership in our trenches. We fight like hell when assembling our army (primaries). But once assembled and on the battlefield (general), you point bayonets forward to the enemy.

That's my take on it anyhow. And something the Democrats understand. And one of their greatest strengths against us.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

November is going to be just like every other general election in my lifetime, voting against the Dem and not actually for the Republican.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sure as hell hope so. Though he probably walked away with a ton of money by losing, hell he’s pretty much made a career of it at this point.

I’ve got high hopes for Vance. I think he gets it as he’s he’s grown up with nothing yet “seen behind the curtain” of the elites. He’s articulate and smart enough to win over a few middle of the road people and deliver a verbal smack down to the far left, in a Desantis like fashion.

We’ll see, I’ve been let down by politicians before.

Not happy about DeWine, I feel like Renacci running was a deliberate move to sink Blystone. Typical Ohio GOP fuckery.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:36:07 AM EDT
[#24]
dewine got less than 50% of the primary vote, ...that means the "anti-dewine" vote was larger, ...that's a big deal, that's sending a shot across the bow, ...you can be he (and husted, who wants to be governor more than anything) noticed!

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

November is going to be just like every other general election in my lifetime, voting against the Dem and not actually for the Republican.
View Quote

True.  Not a fan of Vance or DeWine. But going to have to hold my nose and vote for them to keep out Nan and Tim.

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

The way to change that is to change the way Republicans fight in primaries.  We have an overwhelming number of old people coming out to vote in primaries. And you need younger people to care enough to voice themselves for better candidates that aren't catering to the old voter base. More people who don't watch cable news daily, in their recliner, need to vote.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Always remember.. We are fighting TWO wars.  And it's important not to conflate the two. We have the enemy charging our lines. And the war of leadership in our trenches. We fight like hell when assembling our army (primaries). But once assembled and on the battlefield (general), you point bayonets forward to the enemy.

That's my take on it anyhow. And something the Democrats understand. And one of their greatest strengths against us.
View Quote

I appreciate your message, and agree that the democrats seldom, if ever break ranks...
At this point, it comes down to how much of my nose do I want to cut off to spite my face...
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:43:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Curious what folks thought about the OGO video in the other thread regarding Vance.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I appreciate your message, and agree that the democrats seldom, if ever break ranks...
At this point, it comes down to how much of my nose do I want to cut off to spite my face...
View Quote

Took my 17 yo son with me for his first time voting. He did not vote for Dewine.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:36:58 PM EDT
[#30]
All of President Trumps 22 endorsements in Ohio and Indiana provided a win last night. The only reason I went was Vance, was because of 45, and I had a Gibbons sign in my front yard, which was taken up a day after the endorsement of Vance.

While some had a hard time with 45s mean tweets, me, I didn't give a sh!t, maybe because I have thicker skin than most, what with being Brotish and all, but I know my pocket book and 401k was loving him.

That aside, Vance had gotten the nod, and we need to make sure we keep Ryan out of the Senate, because he will be like Brown, an ingrown toenail we can't get rid of..
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Took my 17 yo son with me for his first time voting. He did not vote for Dewine.
View Quote

My 17yr old son was working last night, otherwise we would have taken him along with my 13yr old daughter.
When I started voting, there was 4 little old ladies at my Polling Station that have watched my kids grow through the years, unfortunately,  now there is only one. But she commented on how tall my daughter is now.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
All of President Trumps 22 endorsements in Ohio and Indiana provided a win last night. The only reason I went was Vance, was because of 45, and I had a Gibbons sign in my front yard, which was taken up a day after the endorsement of Vance.

While some had a hard time with 45s mean tweets, me, I didn't give a sh!t, maybe because I have thicker skin than most, what with being Brotish and all, but I know my pocket book and 401k was loving him.

That aside, Vance had gotten the nod, and we need to make sure we keep Ryan out of the Senate, because he will be like Brown, an ingrown toenail we can't get rid of..
View Quote

Sorry but he's endorsed that antigun shit stain Dr. Oz in PA. Here he literally endorsed a guy that said he might vote for Hillary over him.

All he's been doing is going around and endorsing the likely winners in races. Real bold move.

I wasn't overly enthused with any of the Senate choices but Rand Paul endorsed Gibbons and a Rand endorsement carries a lot more weight with me than Trump.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#33]
The GOP had it good for the past 20 / 30 years.  They have been able to control districting to their advantage. That’s over now.

Ohio voters approved a constitutional amendment putting so many constraints on districting that the Democrats always have something to complain about. And it will always end up in court and the courts will just do exactly what is required which the GOP won’t like.

No no you can’t have 54 percent of the districts, you can have only 52.  No no that district can’t be that large. No no that district can’t be that small. Blah blah blah …

BFA has a great podcast about this. Fasten your seat belts. There’s turbulence ahead.

Logically impossible laws / amendments should be thrown out because they are impossible to implement.  But that’s not part of the constitution is it?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

My 17yr old son was working last night, otherwise we would have taken him along with my 13yr old daughter.
When I started voting, there was 4 little old ladies at my Polling Station that have watched my kids grow the years, unfortunately,  now there is only one. But she commented on how tall my daughter is now.
View Quote

My 17 yr old voted. If your 18 before Nov you can vote in primary at 17.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I won't vote for Vance or Dewine in the General election.
View Quote

Same.  I didn't vote for DeWine last time, either.  I'm not voting for shit candidates just because they have an (R) after their name.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Same.  I didn't vote for DeWine last time, either.  I'm not voting for shit candidates just because they have an (R) after their name.
View Quote

Not voting for DeWine is understandable, not voting for Vance is idiotic.

Again, the establishment of the Ohio GOP hates the guy. That says a lot in his favor.  I laughed at the people in 2016 who said they liked Trump based on his enemies. I see now they had some wisdom.

Based of Vance’s enemies, I think he will do just fine by us.

Further the stakes in the senate are way too high. (Judges, etc)

We could survive a term with a Democratic Governor. The state house/senate is overwhelmingly conservative. We can’t survive with another democrat senate majority with Biden in the WH.

Sure, he said some dumb shit in 2016. Trump said a lot of dumb shit too, that doesn’t mean I wouldn’t much rather have Trump in the whitehouse right now.

ETA I’ll probably withhold my vote for Governor just like I did with Kaisich, and I’m generally a vote R no matter what type of guy. I personally liked Vance, but even if it was Mandel who I can’t stand, there is just too much at stake at the national level.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 4:28:15 PM EDT
[#37]
folks,

remember we still have a primary, and then general, election for the statehouse yet to go.  we still don't know the rep and senator districts.   so we can't just sit on our laurels about having a legislature that will override an out-of-touch governor...   we sure as hell do not want a radical idiot like nan whaley in there!

don't forget that governors get to make appointments to all kinds of things, including vacant U.S. Senate seats, and vacant Justice seats on the Ohio Supreme Court!!!!   that can be a big, big factor, ....and you don't want nan whaley doing that!!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The GOP had it good for the past 20 / 30 years.  They have been able to control districting to their advantage. That's over now.

Ohio voters approved a constitutional amendment putting so many constraints on districting that the Democrats always have something to complain about. And it will always end up in court and the courts will just do exactly what is required which the GOP won't like.

No no you can't have 54 percent of the districts, you can have only 52.  No no that district can't be that large. No no that district can't be that small. Blah blah blah

BFA has a great podcast about this. Fasten your seat belts. There's turbulence ahead.

Logically impossible laws / amendments should be thrown out because they are impossible to implement.  But that's not part of the constitution is it?
View Quote

This is why Little Mikey will likely get my vote.  He's an entitled career politician and a real weasel too.  I will never vote for him in a primary.  With all of the redistricting though we need every R we can get in OH.  I fully expect him to piss me off on a lot of issues but I also concede that he will do some things that I agree with.  Nan Whaley?  Not so much...
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Another primary? I did not know that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

This is why Little Mikey will likely get my vote.  He's an entitled career politician and a real weasel too.  I will never vote for him in a primary.  With all of the redistricting though we need every R we can get in OH.  I fully expect him to piss me off on a lot of issues but I also concede that he will do some things that I agree with.  Nan Whaley?  Not so much...
View Quote

This is a good point… I loath DeSwine, I might have to hold my nose.

ETA I’m no DeWine fan, but we did have a lot of wins as gun owners with him at the helm, regardless of all the horseshit he pulled with COVID.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This is a good point I loath DeSwine, I might have to hold my nose.

ETA I'm no DeWine fan, but we did have a lot of wins as gun owners with him at the helm, regardless of all the horseshit he pulled with COVID.
View Quote

I hold my nose more often than not when it comes to voting in general elections.  Funny story:  I held my nose when I voted for Trump in 2016, then my 2020 vote for him was one of the proudest votes I've ever cast.  Boy was I wrong about him initially.  I'm hoping that it goes the same way for me regarding Vance.  Time will tell.  I don't expect Little Mikey to change much or for my feelings about him to change much either.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My 17 yr old voted. If your 18 before Nov you can vote in primary at 17.
View Quote

He'll be 18 just after the election in November..
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sorry but he's endorsed that antigun shit stain Dr. Oz in PA. Here he literally endorsed a guy that said he might vote for Hillary over him.

All he's been doing is going around and endorsing the likely winners in races. Real bold move.

I wasn't overly enthused with any of the Senate choices but Rand Paul endorsed Gibbons and a Rand endorsement carries a lot more weight with me than Trump.
View Quote

No need to apologize, I know I won't.

While I think Dr. OZ is a strange choice to endorse, not sure I really care, what with living in Ohio for the last 24yrs and all.

As far as likely winners. You do know that Vance was polling 4th just two weeks ago, and then the endorsement comes down the pipeline, and bam in the kisser, Vance wins.
While I was extremely Anti-Vance, 45s endorsement changed that for me, because he isnt a dumb guy and having his support seems to be a positive across the board.
As to Gibbons, I rooted for him, but it just wasn't going to work out, especially given he finished 4th, just in front of the Ohio GOPs choice of Timken..

Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
don't forget that governors get to make appointments to all kinds of things, including vacant U.S. Senate seats, and vacant Justice seats on the Ohio Supreme Court!!!!   that can be a big, big factor, ....and you don't want nan whaley doing that!!!
View Quote

This!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

While I think Dr. OZ is a strange choice to endorse, not sure I really care, what with living in Ohio for the last 24yrs and all.

As far as likely winners. You do know that Vance was polling 4th just two weeks ago, and then the endorsement comes down the pipeline, and bam in the kisser, Vance wins.
While I was extremely Anti-Vance, 45s endorsement changed that for me, because he isnt a dumb guy and having his support seems to be a positive across the board.
As to Gibbons, I rooted for him, but it just wasn't going to work out, especially given he finished 4th, just in front of the Ohio GOPs choice of Timken..

https://i.imgur.com/3H7EmzI.jpeg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/3H7EmzI.jpeg

Not caring about the makeup of the US Senate is your prerogative but considering the Republicans stand poised to take it over, I do and another antigun asshole is the last thing it needs.

And I won't put any weight behind an endorsement from a Republican president that spent at twice the rate Obama did and did fuck all for the 2A for 4 years.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:40:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Not caring about the makeup of the US Senate is your prerogative but considering the Republicans stand poised to take it over, I do and another antigun asshole is the last thing it needs.

And I won't put any weight behind an endorsement from a Republican president that spent at twice the rate Obama did and did fuck all for the 2A for 4 years.
View Quote

You do you, but as mentioned above, all 22 that 45 endorsed, won...
What bills did he sign into law that were a negative for the 2nd?
Or did I miss something?
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:58:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Or did I miss something?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or did I miss something?

I won't derail the thread but you know that's a specious argument.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I won't derail the thread but you know that's a specious argument.
View Quote

OK..
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:45:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Another primary? I did not know that.
View Quote

yes, in August, because the state rep and senate districts have not been finalized yet due to the ohio supreme court and the redistricting board...   so all those candidates need to have a primary election, but it necessitates that the district lines are drawn first....
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 11:51:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Trumpster going 22 for 22 yesterday is pretty damn impressive, ...i can't help but think of the stark contrast to Obama, whose endorsements frequently turned out to be the kiss of death....

Page / 3
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top