Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/1/2022 1:50:56 PM EDT
Hi Ohioans, Ohites, Ohandians! I'm going to be moving from the deep south to the deep snow this summer and was hoping to introduce myself. I'm from New Orleans, LA moving up to Dayton to start my medical residency.

1. I was hoping the Odites in arfcom could help direct me to a nice, modern gun store.

2. I'm also looking for a private shooting range. I'm currently used to MCTA range in Mississippi, it's 24/7 access to members which makes night vision fun, 300/200/2x100/50/6x25 yard ranges. I hoping to find something similar where I can practice shooting on the move as opposed to a range more focused on target shooting. I looked at the Ohio places to shoot thread and am not familiar enough with the state to know where the ranges close to Dayton/Cinci are.

3. Also, emergency prep. What do the emergencies/natural disasters look like in Ohio? How does one prepare? I'm pretty well covered for hurricane prep, but I'm not sure if hurricanes will ever make it to Ohio.

4. Is there a focused effort to eliminate the straight-walled cartridge non-sense? I can't use a family-heirloom .30-30 or my favorite AR (not shooting it 30 times, taking game with head shots to reduce risk of contamination, please no grandpa joe "deEr DoN't WeAR KeVLar" comments) to take a deer when I do that in Louisiana.

5. I've heard nothing but great things about the Midwest and I'm super eager to visit your great state and I'm worried I'll like it too much!
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 2:13:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had very good experience shooting at Mad River Armory in Springfield. The owner is a good guy. You can sign up for a yearly membership, which includes discounts on training classes and discounts on range time. It's not the most high-tech, nor newest gun store, but I always found it a pretty good place to shoot.

His tactical classes are always pretty good. It's nothing high speed, it's more along the lines of just being competent drawing from holster and shooting at targets. They try to set up various scenarios. You're not rolling around on the floor or anything, but you do get to do things beyond stand at a bench and shoot at a Target on a string. I really enjoyed them, and the cost was pretty reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think straight walled cartridges will go away soon. I believe they think Ohio is slightly too populated for them. Of all the gun things to complain about, I think it is probably one of the better ones to have to deal with. On the concealed carry side, we make progress nearly every single year with improvements to the laws. Having the legislature put in preemption laws, stopping the cities from screwing you over, was one of the best changes we've had. Obviously, with the exception of Constitutional carry this past month.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 2:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Regarding preparation, the worst thing that seems to happen here is ice storms. We get one bad one about every 5 years. I'm talking an inch of ice on everything, tree branches down, electric wires down.

When I first moved to the Springfield area, we lost power several times a year. They did a lot of electric utility upgrades, and 5 years ago it just stopped. I remember one year there was a hurricane in the south and we had winds sustained around 60 miles per hour, and gusts over that.  I lost power for 5 days then.

I have this rule of thumb regarding snow; if you are south of I-70 you can expect to get snow a few times per year, but it's never horribly significant. We had one of our bigger snowstorms in January, and we got something like eight or 10 in of snow. It shut things down for about a day. But the plows were out and plowing same day, as usual. Lots of businesses, and all schools were closed.

When you go north of 70, and especially as you approach the lake, it is not uncommon to have bigger snow storms throughout the year. Whenever there is a huge snow storm approaching (the kind the media talks about, and it's front page on every website you visit), if you look at the line that differentiates frozen from rain, it very frequently seems to follow I-70.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 2:24:35 PM EDT
[#4]
City Barbeque is a reasonably good place to get barbecue, and not terribly expensive. Something somewhat unusual is that their sides are all pretty good. The baked beans have almost as much brisket as beans in them.

Often, even the best barbecue places have great meat, but the sides seem like an afterthought.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 2:49:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to Ohio!

As mentioned, in this part of the state the most likely cause of disaster type shutdowns are caused from snow/ice and sometimes high winds. Tornadoes are more of a risk instead of hurricanes. The most we usually get from hurricanes is rain and sometimes flooding if the remnants of a gulf hurricane make it up here.

That being said, Hurricane Ike made it to Dayton 2008 with sustained Category 1 winds and caused major power outages. In some cases, people were without power for nearly 3 weeks. That was kind of a freak thing though.

Link Posted: 4/1/2022 3:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Dayton area gets a lot of tornadic action for whatever reasons. Xenia was basically flattened in the 70s

Air Force Museum is a must see in that area. National pistol & rifle matches at Camp Perry.

No Nutria gumbo though
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 4:00:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hi Ohioans, Ohites, Ohandians! I'm going to be moving from the deep south to the deep snow this summer and was hoping to introduce myself. I'm from New Orleans, LA moving up to Dayton to start my medical residency.

1. I was hoping the Odites in arfcom could help direct me to a nice, modern gun store.

2. I'm also looking for a private shooting range. I'm currently used to MCTA range in Mississippi, it's 24/7 access to members which makes night vision fun, 300/200/2x100/50/6x25 yard ranges. I hoping to find something similar where I can practice shooting on the move as opposed to a range more focused on target shooting. I looked at the Ohio places to shoot thread and am not familiar enough with the state to know where the ranges close to Dayton/Cinci are.

3. Also, emergency prep. What do the emergencies/natural disasters look like in Ohio? How does one prepare? I'm pretty well covered for hurricane prep, but I'm not sure if hurricanes will ever make it to Ohio.

4. Is there a focused effort to eliminate the straight-walled cartridge non-sense? I can't use a family-heirloom .30-30 or my favorite AR (not shooting it 30 times, taking game with head shots to reduce risk of contamination, please no grandpa joe "deEr DoN't WeAR KeVLar" comments) to take a deer when I do that in Louisiana.

5. I've heard nothing but great things about the Midwest and I'm super eager to visit your great state and I'm worried I'll like it too much!
View Quote
Where at around Dayton are you moving to?  Doing a residency at MVH?

1. Anyway, Vandalia Range and Armory is probably the best gun store north of town.  I haven't been to Olde English in awhile, but that was usually a decent store.  I believe there are some places south of town that might have some of the more exciting stuff like SBRs and suppressors.  Aim Surplus is about a half hour south of Dayton, so that's obviously a plus.  I've been to the CMP North Store twice, but that's probably about 2 hours away.

2. I have no idea on this one.  

3. As was pointed out before, mostly ice.  We have a fair share of tornado warnings, but very few seem to actually touch down. The ice and snow isn't nearly as bad as it is up in the northern parts of the state.

4.  I never thought we'd even get straight walled cartridges to be honest, so who knows?  Ohio definitely is trending the right way on gun rights, so...maybe?  Most of the places I've hunted I've never felt like I needed more range than what .450 Bushmaster gives me.  

5.  Be sure to hit New Riegel Cafe.  It's in the middle of no where, and they haven't upgrade the interior since...well, ever.  But the ribs are definitely amazing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
5.  Be sure to hit New Riegel Cafe.  It's in the middle of no where, and they haven't upgrade the interior since...well, ever.  But the ribs are definitely amazing.
View Quote
my parents live up north by the lake... I'm south of 70. I will try to divert through there one of my trips north this summer.  Also, damn, that's kind of a haul from Dayton for ribs.  Have you ever eaten at White House up by Toledo?

If you ever have reason to go through Bucyrus area, they have a really good BBQ joint that has been open for a few years now.  They smoke on premises. (which you shouldnt have to mention, but unfotuantely, I think you do these days)
http://old30bbq.com/about
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Can’t help answer your questions. 80 miles from Miami Valley. Welcome anyway.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:52:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Vandalia Range & Armory is a good shop, but the last time I was there they were just about picked clean, what with the times and all. I also saw a lot of new faces behind the counter, none of which bothered to acknowledge my presence.

I've purchased several suppressors there in the past, all below MSRP. Last time I called, I asked for Alex who was out, but the guy on the phone said he could get me prices. All he did was look up MSRP on the manufacturer's website.

I'd recommend stopping by JJ Gun Supply in Brookville.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 12:03:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

1.  From the South View Point
-- Two stores south of town I am aware of:  Miami Armory (Black Stuff and NFA Items) and "Range USA Dayton (use to be "Point Blank")
-- For FFL paperwork I use Dad's Gun Shop in Clearcreek Township for cheap transfers
-- There is a Cabela's on the South-East side of Dayton
-- A Field and Stream just south of Dayton (but owned by Dicks Sporting Goods -- Not Gun Friendly Co -- However one of there Sales guys hooked me up with some 45-70 Cases)

2.  For Private Range I belong to Middletown Sportsman Club for Trap/Skeet/Sporting Clays, Pistol/Rifle Range from 7yds to 200, and Cowboy Action Range (for lead only).  There are other private clubs in Miamisburg (need sponsor) and nice range in Wilmington OH.
Middletown Sportsman Club
Miamisburg Sportsman
Clinton County (Facebook)

3.  Tornado's and Snow.  Prepare to be without power for a few days -- I have gone without for 7 days due to trees taking out power lines -- My issue is that there are about 10 houses effected and DP&L (or whatever they are called now) just did not elevate high enough for them to get earlier.

4.  State ODR might come around down the road but Straight Wall and Shotgun only (plus muzzle loading and Bows/Arrow) -- but we have alot of big deers in the state.  Pick up a 45-70 in a lever gun and enjoy the thumper

5.  There is worse places to live -- I only visited those places but Ohio is not bad -- and Gun Friendly

UK

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:21:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey, welcome to Ohio!

My wife and I are in the Washington Township/Centerville area.  She's an EM attending, I'm a trophy husband.

What specialty are you doing? Will you be at MVH?

PM me if you like.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome tadam6! I'm from Cleveland so I don't have much useful advice about ranges and such in the area other than you'll be close to AIM Surplus, I try to stop in to their showroom whenever I'm in the area and have a bit of time.

Other than that prepare yourself for pizza with salted crust (it's better than it sounds) and be on the lookout for Jump's peanuts.  They are fantastic and only available in the Dayton area. I bring a few jars home every time I'm passing through.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#15]

welcome!

...if you like to do training, TDI has a nice big facility in Adams county (~ 2hr drive from dayton, ...courses generally are several days - long weekend, and you shoot a lot of live ammo)

...in recent years, biggest severe weather impacts have been from destructive tornadoes...   winter can be hit/miss with snow/ice, ...some winters you get frequent snows and cold spells, others hardly any at all...

...haven't heard much rumblings regarding the straight-wall cartridge regulation for hunting of late, ...most of the movement in recent years has been focused on constitutional carry, emergency powers, etc.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 4:42:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't think straight walled cartridges will go away soon. I believe they think Ohio is slightly too populated for them. Of all the gun things to complain about, I think it is probably one of the better ones to have to deal with. On the concealed carry side, we make progress nearly every single year with improvements to the laws. Having the legislature put in preemption laws, stopping the cities from screwing you over, was one of the best changes we've had. Obviously, with the exception of Constitutional carry this past month.
View Quote

You guys have constitutional carry? I just renewed my LA license.....
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 4:49:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Where at around Dayton are you moving to?  Doing a residency at MVH?

1. Anyway, Vandalia Range and Armory is probably the best gun store north of town.  I haven't been to Olde English in awhile, but that was usually a decent store.  I believe there are some places south of town that might have some of the more exciting stuff like SBRs and suppressors.  Aim Surplus is about a half hour south of Dayton, so that's obviously a plus.  I've been to the CMP North Store twice, but that's probably about 2 hours away.

2. I have no idea on this one.  

3. As was pointed out before, mostly ice.  We have a fair share of tornado warnings, but very few seem to actually touch down. The ice and snow isn't nearly as bad as it is up in the northern parts of the state.

4.  I never thought we'd even get straight walled cartridges to be honest, so who knows?  Ohio definitely is trending the right way on gun rights, so...maybe?  Most of the places I've hunted I've never felt like I needed more range than what .450 Bushmaster gives me.  

View Quote

MVH is one of our rotating sites, we're looking to buy in and around eastern Dayton!
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You guys have constitutional carry? I just renewed my LA license.....
View Quote

we will have constitutional carry (recently signed into law, but won't officially take effect until June)...
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 5:30:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Not near the Dayton area but up on the lake.
If you go to Cedar Point, wave as you go by!
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 6:12:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Welcome tadam6! I'm from Cleveland so I don't have much useful advice about ranges and such in the area other than you'll be close to AIM Surplus, I try to stop in to their showroom whenever I'm in the area and have a bit of time.

Other than that prepare yourself for pizza with salted crust (it's better than it sounds) and be on the lookout for Jump's peanuts.  They are fantastic and only available in the Dayton area. I bring a few jars home every time I'm passing through.
View Quote
Grew up across the street from the Carlins who own Jump's Peanuts.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 6:21:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

MVH is one of our rotating sites, we're looking to buy in and around eastern Dayton!
View Quote
IMO, stay out of Montgomery County. Look for homes in Greene County (Sugarcreek Township, Bellbrook, Beavercreek) which is East of Dayton.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:47:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
IMO, stay out of Montgomery County. Look for homes in Greene County (Sugarcreek Township, Bellbrook, Beavercreek) which is East of Dayton.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll second staying out of Montgomery County.  Greene County is nice, but those property taxes...and RTA.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 8:50:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
my parents live up north by the lake... I'm south of 70. I will try to divert through there one of my trips north this summer.  Also, damn, that's kind of a haul from Dayton for ribs.  Have you ever eaten at White House up by Toledo?

If you ever have reason to go through Bucyrus area, they have a really good BBQ joint that has been open for a few years now.  They smoke on premises. (which you shouldnt have to mention, but unfotuantely, I think you do these days)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I grew up in Fostoria, which is pretty close to New Riegel, so I slide by every so often.  Haven't been in Toledo since 2012.  I try to avoid Carty Finkbeiner's little slice of hell if I can.  The suburbs around it are nice though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 2:21:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's wrong with montgomery county
Link Posted: 4/3/2022 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#25]
AIM SURPLUS for all your purchase needs.    

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The County itself is OK, but Dayton is just a leftist cesspool. And the bus line helps spread it around a little.  All of the places he mentioned are nice, but property taxes are high compared to other counties.

I promise you, if you're doing a residency in MVH's ER, you will have good stories to tell when you're done.  

Link Posted: 4/4/2022 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#27]
THE ABOVE IS TRUE!

Welcome to Dayton Ohio metro area.  My dad is from LaPlace.  He moved here in 1963.  

1.  As I and another stated, AIM surplus is close by.  They are the best.

2.  I’m pretty sure Miamisburg sportsman’s club has a 200 yd.

3. Tornadoes happen.  Plan for one in advance by choosing an interior, lowest level room in which to shelter.

4.  Ive heard its a matter of time.  Length?  God knows.

Additional:  Italian food: Troni’s in Kettering or their other family members’ independent joints, Tuscany’s, Roma’s, Verona, Troni Bros, Venecia..  
                  BAKED ZITI!

Indian food:  Amar India, Chaat Cafe & curry out. Both are very good!
Link Posted: 4/4/2022 5:58:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Most of the stuff has already been answered. Just wanted to say welcome to the area!
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:14:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

What do you mean, "with the exception of?"
Link Posted: 4/5/2022 11:17:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

What do you mean, "with the exception of?"
View Quote
I mean that the preemption law was the best of the recent few years' gun law improvements, except for Constitutional carry, which was even better
Link Posted: 4/6/2022 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#32]
I mean truthfully, preemption trumps them all considering without it even the permitless carry wouldn't hold any weight in the 3 Cs
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 8:19:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I mean truthfully, preemption trumps them all considering without it even the permitless carry wouldn't hold any weight in the 3 Cs
View Quote
It's a reasonable argument
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 3:20:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What area of New Orleans are you from? I spent 8 months after Katrina in Kiln, MS helping with relief, then recovery. I stayed in a camper at a POD (point of distribution) in a Fred's parking lot across from Waveland PD for a few months, then moved up to a horse farm near the end of Stennis Intl Airport on Texas Flat rd til May of '06.

Helped get a volunteer housing site going next to Coastal Hardware and was part of getting a grant from Saudi Aramco to build 40 houses. The latter is a story unto itself.

Welcome to Ohio, good luck on the residency.  What area of practice are you going into?
View Quote

I'm out of Metairie. I'll be going into EM and I'm hoping to focus on Tactical Medicine!
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's where Dayton is, so like most cities. Crime, high taxes, etc. There are nice areas but you're still stuck with all the crap the city people vote for.

As mentioned if you want east Green Co is nice. I am west in Preble Co, one of the lowest population Co bordering Montgomery.

JJ Gun in Brookville is awesome but is west of Dayton.

My Deer gun is a AR 350 Legend with a YHM R9.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I'm out of Metairie. I'll be going into EM and I'm hoping to focus on Tactical Medicine!
View Quote

Dr. Brian Springer is head of Tactical Medicine at Wright State University.  Great guy and has been a tremendous help for us with the FASTER Saves Lives training program for schools.

https://wrightstatephysicians.org/physicians/springer/

JLE
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing but you will want to stay south of Dayton in Centerville, Washington township, parts of kettering and Oakwood. Bellbrook, sugarcreek township as mentioned above also very nice areas. Im washington township and very happy here.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Nothing but you will want to stay south of Dayton in Centerville, Washington township, parts of kettering and Oakwood. Bellbrook, sugarcreek township as mentioned above also very nice areas. Im washington township and very happy here.
View Quote

Hello Washington Township neighbor.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Dr. Brian Springer is head of Tactical Medicine at Wright State University.  Great guy and has been a tremendous help for us with the FASTER Saves Lives training program for schools.

https://wrightstatephysicians.org/physicians/springer/

JLE
View Quote
He was the team medic for Dayton PD's SWAT team for awhile.  Pretty good guy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2022 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Dayton area gets a lot of tornadic action for whatever reasons. Xenia was basically flattened in the 70s

Air Force Museum is a must see in that area. National pistol & rifle matches at Camp Perry.

No Nutria gumbo though
View Quote

If you’re headed to the AF Museum, makes sure your GPS is taking you to the museum.

The AF Security Forces guys are well versed in routing you to the museum if you end up trying to get onto the military installation but something tells me it’s one aspect of their job they’d be happy to do without.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 12:01:38 AM EDT
[#41]
I grew up east of Dayton, and always noticed whether living Clark, Greene or Clinton counties-the tornados follow paths in the "Miami valley".

https://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/2009/05/details_of_ohios_868_tornadoes.html

The map shows everyone for the last 70 years. If you draw dots from west to east it kinda comes into focus-think optical illusion game. Maybe I'm crazy, but iit always seemed repetitive to me. Good luck, see ya soon!
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I mean that the preemption law was the best of the recent few years' gun law improvements, except for Constitutional carry, which was even better
View Quote

Ah, alrighty then.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Sorry for the delay, Bro!

Hope you and yours are on the way to O-Hi-O!

Anything we can do to help or assist, just holler!

BNA

PS
My 'mater plants here had to covered up outside--today's Mother's Day--and it's 34*F here in No. Summit County!

WELCOME TO CRAZY WEATHER!
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 2:26:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The County itself is OK, but Dayton is just a leftist cesspool. And the bus line helps spread it around a little.  All of the places he mentioned are nice, but property taxes are high compared to other counties.

I promise you, if you're doing a residency in MVH's ER, you will have good stories to tell when you're done.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We ended up getting a house in Montgomery county. You are not kidding on the property taxes man.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm still having some trouble figuring out the outdoor range. I shoot quite a bit and I like night shooting so I'm still hoping to find a 24/7 range. Any tips guys?
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 6:35:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Congrats - what specialty are you going to be in? I'm in oncology sales.
Link Posted: 6/12/2022 8:47:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm still having some trouble figuring out the outdoor range. I shoot quite a bit and I like night shooting so I'm still hoping to find a 24/7 range. Any tips guys?
View Quote
In terms of stuff open to the public, Spring Valley is the only thing that pops to mind.  I haven't been there in 20 years, but it was alright.    I have no idea about night shooting.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

old 30 is good stuff. If you hanker some finer german cuisine go to Carle's in Bucyrus, or for the best bratwurst anywhere go to Saum's in Carey, Ohio
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I grew up in Fostoria, which is pretty close to New Riegel, so I slide by every so often.  Haven't been in Toledo since 2012.  I try to avoid Carty Finkbeiner's little slice of hell if I can.  The suburbs around it are nice though.
View Quote

"jack ford" and "marcy kaptur" are also to blame. As well as the Toledo city council. They lost 4 or 5 of them due to corruption
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 7:25:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Springfield here.

I must disagree with Leisureshoot about one thing. I won’t set foot in Skip’s (mad river armory). He’s talked himself out of my money.

Vandalia range is excellent as a FFL. Not a terrible place to shoot, but still indoor. Haven’t been in there lately, but IME they keep good staff, helpful, decent knowledge for a countermonkey. The son, Alex, (at least used to be) in charge of NFA dealings, was also a no BS guy. I actually have some money in my pocket for them right now, need to get my ass down there and order some cans.

I’m a member of new Carlisle sportsmen’s club. Pretty good facility, good members, nothing crazy in their rule book. Lot of club activities, mostly all fudd stuff, but still a great time on the range with good people.

Buck Creek Carryout recently changed hands from the original owner retiring. I don’t plan to spend any real money there now. The old lady that used to own the place knew her guns very well, no BS fuddlore.

If you’re good for hurricanes, you’ll handle the weather here. Just be ready for power outage in winter (heat). Just because they lived here their entire lives, doesn’t mean they can drive in the snow worth a shit. People will get even dumber when the road turns white.

PM me if you’d like to check out the NCSC facility.

ETA: I also have some choice words about the “gunsmith” in Urbana. The gun doctor or surgeon or whatever he calls himself. I’d probably take my chances with Tooth and Nail before I let him touch my gun again.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top