Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 2/20/2022 5:35:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#1]
He seems to have disappeared  in the last few months.

This would be a good guerrilla  campaign by him.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't realize he was still running. I saw several yard signs early on, but most have disappeared.
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/21/2022 10:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Really? They are thick in rural central Ohio.

You can’t go a mile without seeing one.
View Quote

Same with South Eastern OH. They’re everywhere.

My mom is the Vinton County coordinator for him, and I guess he has been less active than normal. But at least he has a new running mate.

Like the stickers. Kinda want to get some.
Link Posted: 2/26/2022 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Not as many as there used to be in Northeast Ohio, but still strong support. Especially when you consider his competition: Lord Voldemort, and Slick Jim.

Lots of folks supporting the candidates who are on the side of freedom this time, who don't want to make medical decisions for you, or force anyone to wear face diapers. People who understand that 1/6 was a set-up, and that the real insurrection occurred in the wee hours of the morning after the 2020 election. It's always a good thing when folks who actually believe the truth have the support they need to make things happen.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 9:59:48 PM EDT
[#6]
...caught blystone on bill cunningham's show recently, ...apparently blystone and dewine got into a little "exchange" at a local fair, ...and dewine said he'd "kick his ass", ...blystone had a great response ...i think you'll like it!

podcast: FFWD to 33:36 for the full interview
https://www.iheart.com/podcast/bill-cunningham-20785499/episode/3-22-22-bill-cunningham-show-94541095/
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 2:09:30 PM EDT
[#8]
dewine must not be used to having to go through a competitive primary, ...the danger for dewine is primary voters may kick his ass...

Link Posted: 4/2/2022 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Less is more as anti-establishment Republican candidates take on Ohio

David Niven teaches American politics at the University of Cincinnati. He said people don’t have to look far to understand why some Grand Old Party voters want to dump DeWine.

“Fundamentally, DeWine's issue with some members of the Republican base is really just his response to COVID in the early weeks of the pandemic, when he took aggressive action to try and protect public health."

Early in the pandemic, Gov. DeWine prohibited spectators at the Arnold Classic, even though the state hadn't confirmed a case of COVID-19 yet. In the following days he issued stay-at-home orders and ordered restaurants and bars to close.

Many Republicans found the governor's actions to be an overreach of his powers though, to the point were Ohio legislators passed a bill to limit the governor's power on health orders.
View Quote

"Ohio is catching up with the rest of the nation in terms of the Republican preference for somebody who will run for a government position by running against the government," Niven said. "And an orientation where the things that would be qualifications for office are largely viewed as disqualifying."
View Quote

Now, many Republicans are looking for charismatic outsiders who promise to deliver a new wave of energy like Donald Trump did in 2016.
View Quote

So candidates like Blystone boast of their inexperience in government, saying they’re fighting inherently flawed politicians.

“People want the country back where we grew up and life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. So they're looking beyond politicians because we know these people will lie, cheat and steal to keep their positions.” Blystone said.
View Quote

Analysts expect Blystone and Renacci to split the anti-DeWine vote. But Niven said DeWine may be the last of the old school Republicans to win the state.

“We're still witnessing the last gasps of hanging on against what's clearly the future of the party,” Niven said.

Even if DeWine wins the primary – comfortably – Ohio is likely to see more Republican candidates boasting that they’re the un-incumbents and flashing their outsider credentials.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 5:05:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/26/2022 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Remember when my neighbor, who owned an awesome fish restaurant shot and killed himself due to the stress
Of not being opened since the gov shut them all down.

I do. Will not vote for him. Will sit that race out if it comes to it. Actually write in I suppose
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Well now that I know that Joe Blystone is still in it I will vote for "Jolly Joe" in Tuesday's primary.
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Honestly kinda shocked how it turned out....
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:27:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Pretty disappointed on how soon Ohio forgot about little Mikey’s bullshit he pulled during covid.

I figured Blystone had this in the bag.

Goes to show that big cities make the rules that is rural folk have to pay for and follow.
View Quote

I was told Joe won 22 counties. I have no idea how the map turned out. But I too was unhappy. Not a single person I voted for won.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I didn’t hear what he won.

We should probably get used to losing, conservatives are good at it.
View Quote

If I wasn’t so rooted to Ohio for work and family, I would move to a real Red state…hell, family sure isn’t stopping me as much as work lol
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#20]
...the anti-dewine vote was split, mainly between Blystone and Renacci....

...don't forget, the anti-dewine vote, in aggregate was larger than the dewine vote!

...dewine had been spanked by the courts and by statehouse republicans in the last couple of years, ..and add republican primary voters to the list!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 1:12:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
...the anti-dewine vote was split, mainly between Blystone and Renacci....

...don't forget, the anti-dewine vote, in aggregate was larger than the dewine vote!

...dewine had been spanked by the courts and by statehouse republicans in the last couple of years, ..and add republican primary voters to the list!
View Quote

split vote: exactly what happened, Blystone and Renacci combined would have won 527,823 to 509,167

Attachment Attached File
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top