Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 12/14/2021 10:17:18 PM EDT
I’m new to the Columbus area, Pataskala to be exact, and I’m trying to find a good gunsmith in the area. Looking to get a barrel threaded.

I called at least a dozen places today, but half the people didn’t give me the warm fuzzy “trust this guy with the job” vibe, or have a months-long backlog.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/14/2021 10:53:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It's worth it and send it to ADCO in Sylvania and they're a sponsor here too. Excellent work.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:06:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I can also vouch for ADCO, great work!
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I would expect any LGS with a competent Smith to have at least a month backlog.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]
ADCO. Not central OH though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2021 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would expect any LGS with a competent Smith to have at least a month backlog.
View Quote

That’s exactly what I’m finding. I guess it’s to be expected, was just hoping for better news!
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 7:48:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ADCO. Not central OH though.
View Quote

+1 for ADCO, even though they are not in the Columbus area it usually only takes a day to get things shipped back from them.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 8:31:40 AM EDT
[#7]
OP in the time you spend trying to find a good local one, ADCO would've had it done already. It's an easy process.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 9:37:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It's worth it and send it to ADCO in Sylvania and they're a sponsor here too. Excellent work.
View Quote

I’ve never used ADCo ( I went with JT at retro) but I’ve got half a dozen friends who use them.  They’re local enough I’d go with them next time since they’re like 20 min from my dads house.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Does Cutter Machine in Johnstown do threading?  They come highly recommended by a few guys I know.  Could always try Standard Arms in Hilliard too as I know they do machine work.
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:23:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
OP in the time you spend trying to find a good local one, ADCO would've had it done already. It's an easy process.
View Quote

You’re probably right! With all the ADCO referrals, I’ll likely go that route.

So thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 12/16/2021 11:54:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Do your homework, I had a local "expert" mess up a cut and thread job on my Ruger mark II barrel....I had to have it cut down shorter then I wanted and re-threaded.  

Link Posted: 12/16/2021 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Do your homework, I had a local "expert" mess up a cut and thread job on my Ruger mark II barrel....I had to have it cut down shorter then I wanted and re-threaded.  

View Quote

That’s a shitty situation, man. Precisely what I’m trying to avoid by asking for suggestion. Sorry you had to deal with that. I hope that “expert” at least made it right with you.
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 8:16:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

@ScottyPotty any chance you’ll tell us who it was?
Link Posted: 12/17/2021 11:15:57 PM EDT
[#14]
I would, but don't remember who it was.  I probably blocked it out....

He was from Canton I think.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Depending on what you want done, Short Action Customs is also in Ohio and does excellent work. They are more geared towards full custom bolt gun builds though, so if you just need a barrel threaded ADCO is probably the best bet. https://shortactioncustoms.com/
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 5:17:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Go see Todd at Excalibur's in Circleville
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top