Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2021 2:01:03 PM EDT
Traveling to OH for work soon and wondering what restrictions are in place? The news is I can find is from early Sept.

Outside of the cities, are people really concerned or is life more or less normal? Are masks common?

Just trying to get a sense of what to expect. Thanks for any insight.

ETA: I'll be in the Logan area.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Columbus has put in a mask mandate for all indoor venues/restaraunts I believe. The further away you get from major cities the less you get of it. No mask mandate state wide, but some people are still wearing them, and some are not more of a personal choice outside of cities that have actual mask mandates. In short bring a mask just in case somewhere you have to be requires them because everything is patchwork here essentially.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#2]
5% if that are wearing masks, 6000 new cases a day however.

Get away from the big cities.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:24:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Columbus has put in a mask mandate for all indoor venues/restaraunts I believe. The further away you get from major cities the less you get of it. No mask mandate state wide, but some people are still wearing them, and some are not more of a personal choice outside of cities that have actual mask mandates. In short bring a mask just in case somewhere you have to be requires them because everything is patchwork here essentially.
View Quote

While all that is true, only place I've worn a mask lately is the airport. Church, Kroger, giant eagle, post office, home Depot... Haven't been to bars lately :( but I'd do the same.
Just walk in. That's it. Just walk in.

Be done with the madness
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#4]
You won’t need one in Logan. Was there last weekend and didn’t see any.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:42:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

While all that is true, only place I've worn a mask lately is the airport. Church, Kroger, giant eagle, post office, home Depot... Haven't been to bars lately :( but I'd do the same.
Just walk in. That's it. Just walk in.

Be done with the madness
View Quote

exactly this!!!  

the slave mask isn't a thing for me, ...i'm in charge of my self, therefore, i don't wear one...  never had anyone say anything to me...  

...when i'm out and about i see some sheep still wearing them, ...but i think most do not.

...all we need to do is say "no mas!"

Link Posted: 10/6/2021 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to Saraga on Morse Road on Monday, and no 99% of employees and customers weren’t wearing masks.  CPD is there working special duty, unmasked, and didn’t say anything to anyone about masking up.

Basically, rules don’t apply if you’re in lower income areas of Columbus.

But areas of Columbus that are more white/affluent, you might get some pushback.

Costco Polaris has a gigantic sign blocking the entrance saying masks required. The ID checker doesn’t even say anything, just hands you a mask.
Link Posted: 10/6/2021 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Meijer in Columbus, just wear it walking in, then pull it way down or remove it. The Covid vaccine was supposed to end this madness.
Link Posted: 10/7/2021 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#8]
i just came back from Cuyahoga County/Cleveland and never wore one except inside the cleveland clinic
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#9]
In the big cities, there are mask requirements when in indoor public places.  Adherence and enforcement is spotty.  Mostly, people don’t give a shit if you wear a mask or not.

The further you get away from the city centers, there are fewer people wearing masks and wearing when will draw stares.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 1:10:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Went to TJ Max on Polaris today, which is Columbus, and 50% of visitors weren’t wearing masks. Employees were just as kind and helpful to us.
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 3:20:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I think only public transportation, hospitals, and maybe a few places with local mask mandates.

Rural areas you won't even see masks out and about

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think only public transportation, hospitals, and maybe a few places with local mask mandates.

Rural areas you won't even see masks out and about

View Quote

Well, technically Columbus has a mask mandate.

I assure you 60% of people aren’t following it. In poor areas, no one is following it unless you’re about to commit a crime.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 7:30:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Well Tim Hortons on Bethel won’t serve you without a mask.

The employees making food in the back weren’t wearing one. When I asked the manager they said only servers and customers were required.

Safety theatre.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top