Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2021 5:06:51 PM EDT
Recommended areas? Stay aways? Would like to be within 25mins if not actually there.

Looking there due to possible new job and cheaper housing costs since I will be flying solo soon.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you looking for? Within a city? Rural? Small city?  Kids? School?

Check out South Vienna and Mechanicsburg. New Carlisle, too.

I'm in South Vienna. 450 population. Easy access to 70, and also Dayton or Columbus.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 7:04:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm in South Vienna. 450 population. Easy access to 70, and also Dayton or Columbus.
View Quote

Just me and 4 critters. Rural would be nice, but can do a town. If not in Springfield, would prefer closer to Dayton than Columbus. Job would be at SF Regional Med. Center.
Link Posted: 10/2/2021 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Hey brother Springfield is a dump. Look towards Beavercreek, Sugarcreek Twp., Waynesville, heck even Xenia or the outskirts.
I grew up in Vandalia north of Dayton, moved to Centerville/ Washington Twp. For 20 years then in 2019 moved to Sugarcreek Twp/ Bellbrook. Very close to Xenia. I work in Columbus and and it’s an easy commute. A little long but worth it to me.

IM me for specs if you want. 3 shootings this week in SPringfield, not a good area.

Cp
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 1:39:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Hey brother Springfield is a dump.

Cp
View Quote

Quoted for truth.

I live in Xenia off of 68 by the Fairgrounds, and aside from the homeless fucks, it's not bad. Lived here over 20yrs, taxes are as high as Dayton(not much to show for it), so it would be best to look at a Township.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#5]
You don’t want to live south of Home Rd in springfield, unless you like heroin. Get out in the county, no reason to live inside springfield. Also they have city tax, which they will collect on money made outside the city, so you’ll pay double city tax.

We live out in Pike twp and it’s pretty nice. It’s about 25 minutes to the shopping area on benchwood in dayton.

Link Posted: 10/3/2021 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Centerville definitely, higher income levels and nicer homes  - Springfield is trash
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:36:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Centerville definitely, higher income levels and nicer homes  - Springfield is trash
View Quote

No complaints about Centerville other than the high home prices and property taxes. Plus I'd like to live closer to where I'll be working in addition to a place that's less spendy.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey brother Springfield is a dump. Look towards Beavercreek, Sugarcreek Twp., Waynesville, heck even Xenia or the outskirts.
I grew up in Vandalia north of Dayton, moved to Centerville/ Washington Twp. For 20 years then in 2019 moved to Sugarcreek Twp/ Bellbrook. Very close to Xenia. I work in Columbus and and it’s an easy commute. A little long but worth it to me.

IM me for specs if you want. 3 shootings this week in SPringfield, not a good area.

Cp
View Quote

100% accurate.  The area where Montgomery, Greene, and Warren counties intersect is very nice.  

Btw, I’m a vandalia refugee in centerville as well.  Lol
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#9]
To clarify, I live in Centerville now. Looking for someplace cheaper and closer to work.
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 1:18:00 PM EDT
[#10]
We live in southern Clark just outside of Clifton. Housing is cheap compared to Centerville. Schools are good at Southeastern or Cedarville.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#11]
I live in Xenia/Jamestown area and work in Springfield.  There are a few rural/affordable things 'tween here and there.  Are you looking at buying or renting?
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Im in the area as well and agree. good prices on acreage and some nice spreads.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 7:52:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I live in Xenia/Jamestown area and work in Springfield.  There are a few rural/affordable things 'tween here and there.  Are you looking at buying or renting?
View Quote

Renting would be OK, but with 4 pets I doubt finding anything.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the tips.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 2:22:02 AM EDT
[#15]
I think everything at "sf" hospital means working in Springfield.

Poor guy.

I would either live up around Urbana or down cost to Enon or YS.

Course enough for a short drive in-not too close. And not in Clark county or Springfield
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks again for the info.

I got what I believe is a better job offer in Dayton so I won't be heading that way after all.
Link Posted: 10/18/2021 8:48:25 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't care which hospital you go to in Dayton, it won't be Springfield, that's a very good thing

Now get on North 75 and start looking anytime after you cross 70. Any of those small towns are good.

I'll be there next year.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top