Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/13/2021 6:08:59 AM EDT
My son seems intent on attending there because of the baseball program.  

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Is it in a “good” area or one full of ruff raff?

Thank you.

ETA Solon
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 11:35:16 AM EDT
[#1]
No experience with the college itself but regarding Parma, see below.

Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  LMAO
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I had no idea they had a baseball program of any sort.  They always seemed like a for-profit mill where you go just to get some certification that nobody cares about.

As for the area, it is mostly business / industrial parkway.  The neighborhoods nearby were largely inhabited by auto workers and Slavs.  It has gotten more diverse, but I wouldn't be worried about driving through.  I go to a strudel shop not too far from there with really good Hungarian pastry.

In short, I'd be more concerned about the college than the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:09:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I just learned the school has 4 Cleveland area location.  The one he is looking at is in Solon.  Sorry for misinfo, gents.

Being from the Dayton area, Cleveland looks super huge and cornfusing!  I’m concerned very much about this school.

He’s convinced this is the way for him to get to a D1.  They offered him a 45% scholarship as well.  

I hope he gets another offer somewhere closer.

Thanks fellas!
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Solon is better than Parma, if that’s any consolation!
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:19:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Solon is better than Parma, if that’s any consolation!
View Quote

It kinda is.  Sure looks like a nice burb
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Solon is a weird one because, while it has rather upscale areas, it is relatively close to shitty neighborhoods along the highway.  That isn't to say it is dangerous, but the shopping areas attract some interesting clientele.  That goes for most places in Cuyahoga County, though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:35:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Solon is a nicer upper middle class old money somewhat.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 4:40:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Solon is a weird one because, while it has rather upscale areas, it is relatively close to shitty neighborhoods along the highway.  That isn't to say it is dangerous, but the shopping areas attract some interesting clientele.  That goes for most places in Cuyahoga County, though.
View Quote

The nicest places still have riff raff that come in on the bus.  That’s how it is in the Dayton metro area.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top