Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2021 5:29:46 PM EDT
Been spending some time in greater Metro Columbus over the past few months, business related.

Prior to this I have no familiarity with Columbus whatsoever.

I have to admit I am a little shocked by all the killings.  82 murders so far this year, as of last night, according to the news.

They are blowing each other away left and right down here!

Was Columbus always like this, and I just never realized it before???

Or is this some new thing, because of all the BLM shit in the wake of the George Floyd thing in Minneapolis, where crime waves have happened because of "depolicing?"

ETA: Oh, and the traffic in this city is a God damned fucking nightmare too.  The absolute idiots who designed some of the interchanges on 270 need to be sterilized.

Link Posted: 5/29/2021 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope. Blame the shitbag mayor and city counsel that is destroying the CPD morale internally and politics. Wait till the next woke CLEO is picked and it'll be worse
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 7:09:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:40:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 6:03:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nope. Blame the shitbag mayor and city counsel that is destroying the CPD morale internally and politics. Wait till the next woke CLEO is picked and it'll be worse
View Quote

from what I have ben told the cops in the shit bag ends of town dont care and will just let them fuck each other up.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#5]
No, Columbus hasn't  been this bad until a few years ago.

Violent  crime has noticeably  gone up in the last 3 - 4 years.

Between  the black on black crime, the methbillys in Lindon and the white trash in the hilltop area  you pretty much know where the crime is going on and where it isn't.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:25:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

from what I have ben told the cops in the shit bag ends of town dont care and will just let them fuck each other up.
View Quote

@Digital_Chaos  I’ve got a few friends that work for Columbus police.  They’ve been more or less  told unless you see the murder happening stay on the car.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#7]
has risen 50 percent or more this year alone. Not sure the actual numbers.

There is a youtube channel called "Columbus Police body camera" run by what i assume is a CPD employee. Its not their official channel.
He has posted the stats a couple times this year. He will also post a monthly shooting report on his community youtube page. Its going up exponentially this year. Not even near this bad last year though it was slowly climbing then too
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 4:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#9]
It got exponentially worse when Columbus officers lost their discretion and ability to arrest and/or summons on the large majority of misdemeanor crime that patrol officers deal with.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It got exponentially worse when Columbus officers lost their discretion and ability to arrest and/or summons on the large majority of misdemeanor crime that patrol officers deal with.
View Quote

Huh, that’s interesting.

So in other words tying the hands of police behind their back because of PC bullshit leads to an increase in violent crime.

Imagine that.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 9:47:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Grew up on the west side of Columbus in the 80s, as a teenager I walked all over from Westgate to the bottoms, there was certain areas I avoided because I knew they were bad(mainly black) basically when I left the house I felt safe even late at night, I knew if I went looking for trouble I could find it, if I used even a little common sense that things would be fine, anymore it’s a crime infested hell hole, makes me kinda sad in a lot of ways.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:35:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Nearly all of the murders are in absolute dog shit parts of town. Most of the rest of Columbus is decent.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I grew up in the Columbus area and this isn't anything new.  I can remember in the late 80's and early 90's "community leaders" screaching on the news about the homicide rate.  These numbers today aren't that far off from then.  People just have short memories.  Just like then, I'm sure the majority of deaths are gang related.  Thats how it's always been.  The drug business has been firmly entrenched with the different sets in the Linden, Leonard Avenue and the Miller-Kelton areas for nearly 40 years.  That all came about when Crack hit the scene.  

As stated, a good number of the homicides are almost always tied to a couple gangs, be it from bad deals, turf encroachment or just being caught in the middle.  Then you have people try to cowboy shit and they get put down for it.  Then once somebody takes a slug, their friends or their set wants payback.  That shit keeps bumping the numbers up.  The funeral homes stay in business, the cemetaries fill up and the previously mentioned "community leaders" get more airtime.

In the mid 90's I knew a Columbus PD homicide detective and one day I asked him, "Do you ever feel sorry for the victims in your cases."  He stared at me for a minute and finally said, "In most cases no."  In my naivete I was shocked and asked why, he replied, "Aside from the truly innocent like kids or someone who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, most of these fuckin' people brought it on themselves."   I thought that was a fucked up answer at first, then later I understood.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 1:25:52 AM EDT
[#15]
It has gotten worse over the years. Democrat mayor and city council have ran it into the ground. I think the homicide record was broken a few years ago and continues to be broken every year.

Has nothing to do with protests. The Democrats that run the city remove most educational funding from inner city urban areas. That just helps keep kids on the streets. Drugs have saturated these areas. Columbus is also one of the highest human trafficking areas in the country.

10TV had a nice Crime Tracker interactive map. Not sure if it still works:

https://www.10tv.com/crimetracker-10
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I grew up in the Columbus area and this isn't anything new.  I can remember in the late 80's and early 90's "community leaders" screaching on the news about the homicide rate.  These numbers today aren't that far off from then.  People just have short memories.  Just like then, I'm sure the majority of deaths are gang related.  Thats how it's always been.  The drug business has been firmly entrenched with the different sets in the Linden, Leonard Avenue and the Miller-Kelton areas for nearly 40 years.  That all came about when Crack hit the scene.  

As stated, a good number of the homicides are almost always tied to a couple gangs, be it from bad deals, turf encroachment or just being caught in the middle.  Then you have people try to cowboy shit and they get put down for it.  Then once somebody takes a slug, their friends or their set wants payback.  That shit keeps bumping the numbers up.  The funeral homes stay in business, the cemetaries fill up and the previously mentioned "community leaders" get more airtime.

In the mid 90's I knew a Columbus PD homicide detective and one day I asked him, "Do you ever feel sorry for the victims in your cases."  He stared at me for a minute and finally said, "In most cases no."  In my naivete I was shocked and asked why, he replied, "Aside from the truly innocent like kids or someone who was in the wrong place at the wrong time, most of these fuckin' people brought it on themselves."   I thought that was a fucked up answer at first, then later I understood.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Police presence and clarity of action proactively works to reduce overall crime and violent crime in particular.  If your chances of getting caught increase, your risk / reward instinct kicks in to rethink your options.  As Sgt Fish well knows, I worked in a very violent area in the 90s.  We engaged, with the full agreement of true community leaders, in broken windows policing.  A gum wrapper on the sidewalk got a littering ticket.   After two years, our violent crime rate dropped by 70%.  Our drug crime increased dramatically, but without murder mutilation and mayhem.  I asked one of the frequent flyers why he kept coming back to the projects knowing he was going to get arrested frequently? He answered because here that's the worst that happens.  He gets arrested and loses his dope.  On the other side of the street, he gets killed by rival dealers.

There's quite a bit of wisdom in these two posts. It's almost like there are some universal truths that those on the left fail (or refuse) to see

Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:52:00 PM EDT
[#17]
93rd murder as of today. Wait till the next CLEO and Assistant both from Detroit PD is sworn in for CPD
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 9:53:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
93rd murder as of today. Wait till the next CLEO and Assistant both from Detroit PD is sworn in for CPD
View Quote

Yeah, a couple this weekend I saw on the news.

Crazy shit.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#19]
No. Columbus used to be ok. The woke administration is to blame for the current mess.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:53:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Just got done fighting my way out of the city.

670 is completely shutdown due to a rolling shooting that started at Easton and went all the way to 71/670.

What a fucking disaster. An entire family was shot up, kids and all.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/local/goodale-street-columbus-shooting-06-25-2021
View Quote

So THAT’S why I saw that police helicopter.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 10:29:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The “ghetto bird” is an everyday occurrence.

Seeing a line of 25-30 bike cops riding down 670 shoulder to shoulder looking for evidence, that’s a first for me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So THAT’S why I saw that police helicopter.

The “ghetto bird” is an everyday occurrence.

Seeing a line of 25-30 bike cops riding down 670 shoulder to shoulder looking for evidence, that’s a first for me.

Remember back in March when the idiot decided to drive the wrong way on I-270 at 80 miles per hour because he was trying to shake off the pursuing police vehicles, and the cops subsequently shot him to death?

Guess who got stuck in THAT traffic jam for an hour!

Link Posted: 6/26/2021 2:05:17 PM EDT
[#24]
as long as they stay away from the nice white areas I am GTG
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's when the smart ones become "contractors" and legally rip you off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wascist!

So today Columbus had it's 98th murder, I say we hit 100 by Monday - we need goals!

good thing i don't live in Franklin County anymore
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
wascist!

So today Columbus had it's 98th murder, I say we hit 100 by Monday - we need goals!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wascist!

I was recently at a meeting where I got to meet had to endure the misfortune of meeting that black female Congresswoman from the congressional district that encompasses the urban shithole area.

I didn't quite catch her name and was quite happy not to.

She struck me as just what you would expect - i.e., having an I.Q. comparable to that of a houseplant.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:00:13 PM EDT
[#28]
The fact that the Columbus City Attorney is a Far-left Presidential aspirant who is shitting all over his cops and career prosecutor's isn't helping either.....
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:01:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
The fact that the Columbus City Attorney is a Far-left Presidential aspirant who is shitting all over his cops and career prosecutor's isn't helping either.....
View Quote

Yeah but day haz dat new politically woke Chief of Po-leece, from DEE troit, yo!
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Misquote.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#31]
I retired from CPD 12/03/2019 The writing was on the wall then, with any luck I'll be headed for the Dakotas before much longer. I need to get some distance between myself and the rampant stupidity before I do something they will regret.

I'd head back to Wise Co. VA, but I know I'd get into trouble there!

Jim  
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 12:51:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I retired from CPD 12/03/2019 The writing was on the wall then, with any luck I'll be headed for the Dakotas before much longer. I need to get some distance between myself and the rampant stupidity before I do something they will regret.

Jim  
View Quote
good for you and i hope your life is less stressful without all the political BS of the mayor.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Jim  
View Quote

Being a caucasian male myself, not for all the tea in China would I become a police officer in any “ culturally diverse” area where it’s a given the political scum three and four levels above me are going to throw me to the wolves if I ever had to use my weapon on one of their shitbag “clients.”  And for that matter, I wouldn’t even want to be a cop in Mayberry today, either.  Because the county is too fucked in the head with “wokeness” today.

But having said that, let me add that I appreciate all that you guys do.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 9:03:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top