Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2021 10:37:07 PM EDT
Note: there appears to be a typo in the title of the BFA article... The bill is HB 227, not HB 277...

HB 277 (Constitutional Carry) to receive second House committee hearing Thursday

House Gov't and Oversight Committee: see if your OH Rep is on this committee: https://ohiohouse.gov/committees/government-oversight

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Let’s hope it gets pushed through with all the idiots focused on covid right now.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#2]
In case someone is looking for a template, here's what I sent. Feel free to copy and paste.

-----

Dear Representative Fowler,

I know you're a busy person, so I'll keep things brief. Please contact your colleagues on the Government and Oversight Committee and urge them to support HB 227, the Constitutional Carry bill.

If/when it comes to the floor for a vote, please also support our Second Amendment rights and vote in favor of Constitutional Carry in Ohio. Responsible firearms owners know how to act, whether or not they've gone through the effort of obtaining Ohio's Concealed Handgun Permit. Allowing for Constitutional Carry within the state of Ohio will not result in increased crime or firearms deaths, as this bill's opponents undoubtedly argue.

Supporting evidence for my assertion comes from the 20 or so states in our nation that have already passed such bills into law. I urge you and your colleagues to "follow the science" (as the left is so fond of screaming this past year) and look at the statistics for yourselves. Support the law abiding citizens of Ohio and support Constitutional Carry.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In case someone is looking for a template, here's what I sent. Feel free to copy and paste.

-----

Dear Representative Fowler,

I know you're a busy person, so I'll keep things brief. Please contact your colleagues on the Government and Oversight Committee and urge them to support HB 227, the Constitutional Carry bill.

If/when it comes to the floor for a vote, please also support our Second Amendment rights and vote in favor of Constitutional Carry in Ohio. Responsible firearms owners know how to act, whether or not they've gone through the effort of obtaining Ohio's Concealed Handgun Permit. Allowing for Constitutional Carry within the state of Ohio will not result in increased crime or firearms deaths, as this bill's opponents undoubtedly argue.

Supporting evidence for my assertion comes from the 20 or so states in our nation that have already passed such bills into law. I urge you and your colleagues to "follow the science" (as the left is so fond of screaming this past year) and look at the statistics for yourselves. Support the law abiding citizens of Ohio and support Constitutional Carry.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

View Quote

I think Fowler is going to be a solid gun rights advocate.  I like her so far.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top