Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/19/2021 10:00:00 PM EDT
Big meeting tomorrow and I encourage all members to attend. Drama and shenanigans between board members is getting to the point we might get shut down. Sheriff and Prosecutor are involved now.  Without advocating a side, I just want to encourage all members to show up and vote for what they feel is right. It would be a shame to lose a public range in Ohio because members and board members can’t act like adults.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:45:23 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds like some real shit going on... I cant make it tomorrow, but i did sense over the past few years we had some people that were trying to change the dynamics of the club...  and not for the good.  

I have been a member for about 30 years  if you seen the last email mark put out it has a few directors listed on it supporting it. I have known Mike Cornell director #1 for a long time from a club stand point.  He has always has the clubs best interest at hand. and if he is on Marks side then it's a good bet he's on the correct side.

its like anything else these days people just cant leave shit alone. the club has been there for many years and been working just fine. the old saying. If it aint broke, dont fix it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:47:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Big meeting tomorrow and I encourage all members to attend. Drama and shenanigans between board members is getting to the point we might get shut down. Sheriff and Prosecutor are involved now.  Without advocating a side, I just want to encourage all members to show up and vote for what they feel is right. It would be a shame to lose a public range in Ohio because members and board members can’t act like adults.
View Quote

Im going to correct you on this. it is a privet club not public. Its open the public during matches only.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:41:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Im going to correct you on this. it is a privet club not public. Its open the public during matches only.
View Quote

And that might be my misunderstanding, I was looking at it from the viewpoint anyone from the public may join if they go through the process. It is not limited to county residents for example.

Good to hear a second opinion about Mike and Mark. That is a similar impression I got from my limited contact with Mark. Due to my work schedule I often only have time to shoot on Friday mornings and do not get to meet many members (range is a ghost town at that time) so it has been difficult “picking a side “. The only recent updates I get are from the emails and those have continually been getting worse. With the threat of closing now mentioned I plan to take off from work tonight to make sure I am there. Anyone working to undermine the duly elected board and officers needs to go.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Double
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Be a real shame if PCSI got shut down. I was a member for up until a couple years ago, still attend matches occasionally.  Can I ask what's going on?
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Be a real shame if PCSI got shut down. I was a member for up until a couple years ago, still attend matches occasionally.  Can I ask what's going on?
View Quote

from what i gather a group of members have gone rouge and trying to get rid of people they dont like. a harassment claim from female member as well. . but not doing it the proper way ..

Email  from President to members

PCSI Members,
  Yet again, I must send out an email to inform you that there is a group of rogue, corrupt board members that are on the verge of getting the range shut down.
            This email is to inform you, the members, that these cowards are having secret meetings, sending letters without board approval, spending the members money without any approval, using the PCSI constitution, by-laws, policy and procedures, Roberts Rules, when it’s convenient for them and their agenda, and violating ALL of the above and including the Ohio Revised Code.
  At the meeting on April 15, 2021 the membership unanimously voted to hire a lawyer to review PCSI constitution, by-laws, policy and procedures and review everything that has been done during the last several months. It was discussed that we would need to pay his $5,000 retainer and his hourly fee would be $425 per hour. The treasurer has refused to pay the retainer to this attorney, as approved by the MEMBERSHIP. We believe these corrupt Board Members are refusing to pay for this attorney, approved by the MEMBERSHIP, because it will be discovered that the actions of the corrupt Board Members will be found in violation of PCSI Constitution, By-Laws, Policies and Procedures, Roberts Rules and Ohio Revised Code.
  These corrupt board members have attempted to schedule meeting without proper notification to Board Members as required by law, they have changed venue without any board vote, as Pat Mahaffey demanded at the April meeting. On May 6, 2021 this group of corrupt board members had a secret meeting at the Ankrom Building, there was no motion made, or vote taken to change venue, no motion made, or vote taken to spend member monies to rent this building. Even though the club spent almost $40,000 to remodel the clubhouse and meeting area, so why did this meeting have to be off grounds?
  At this illegal non-binding meeting this group of corrupt board members voted to expel Brenda Duncan and remove me as President and expel me from the club. All in violation of PCSI constitution, by-laws, Policy and procedures, Roberts rules and Ohio Revised Code. Brenda was expelled due to her complaint against John Maple and Jason Conrad for Harassment and Intimidation, along with the continued harassment and intimidation by this corrupt group of board members. Brenda has made a police report of this activity, that has continued now for several months. With this blatant act of retaliation against her because of this complaint against this group, has now opened the door for a Major Civil Action against each individual board member involved with retaliatory action and against PCSI. The actions of these corrupt board members, also a violation of criminal law and that avenue will be pursed immediately with the Prosecutor’s Office.
  During this illegal non-binding meeting I was illegally removed from office and expelled from the club. These corrupt board members used section VII of the constitution, which states in the first sentence “Any member or Division Chairperson can be called before a meeting of the board of directors”. Board members are officers of the club and ARE NOT subject to this section of the constitution. Also, in this section there needs to be a quorum of at least 6 board members, in good standing, this corrupt group only had 5. John Maple and Jason Conrad are suspended members and are not members in good standing or even board members.
The motion that Gordan Riddle made at the March 18, 2021 meeting trying to reinstate Jason and John FAILED. During the count of the votes of this motion both Sue Haley and Gordan Riddle counted the votes wrong twice and told the club that it was a 5 to 5 tie, which by Roberts Rules is a failure for the record. A Point of Order must be called immediately, and the vote re-counted, to correct their error. That did not happen, so the motion stands as failed. John Maple and Jason Conrad are still officially suspended, and this is for the record. This group realized their error two days later and now Vice President, Gordon Riddle is instructing Sue Haley, our Secretary, to change the official record (minutes) to a passing vote. Changing the Official Record of a 501 c 4 Not-For-Profit club document is a criminal violation of law, and now puts into question ALL the minutes that have been recorded by Sue Haley. And this too will be immediately brought to the Prosecutor’s Office and the Attorney Generals Office. This group also hand delivered a letter to the Sheriff’s office threatening arrest of Brenda and myself if we come onto club property.
  During this May 6, 2021 or at some secret meeting this group of corrupt board members held, they decided to spend club money to hire a lawyer to defend themselves and their illegal activity. This is THEFT, or for those corrupt board members, Misappropriation of Funds, which is a criminal act. This group refused to step back, and hire a lawyer, that was unanimously approved by the membership to review everything that has happened, that would assist in getting things back on track. They instead continued to violate PCSI constitution, by-laws, policy and procedure, Roberts Rules and the Ohio Revised Code, and hire their own attorney to defend their illegal activity WITH CLUB MONEY.
  These corrupt, rogue cowards must be stopped, we must stand together and remove them from office, and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. You MUST be at Thursday’s meeting to take YOUR club back and defy everything that they tell you. They will attempt to bully you and outright lie to you as they have for months. The “good old boys” must be removed and prosecuted, this will send a clear message that PCSI belongs to the members and not a small group that think that PCSI is their private gun club.
Thank you for your continued support in giving the club back to the members.
Respectfully,
Mark Frontera- PRESIDENT PCSI
Mike Cornell- Director #1
Scott Hixon- Director #5
Rob Alan- Director #6

Link Posted: 5/21/2021 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow, what a mess.  Hope they get things straightened out.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 6:41:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

from what i gather a group of members have gone rouge and trying to get rid of people they dont like. a harassment claim from female member as well. . but not doing it the proper way ..

View Quote

Additionally, it was explained the rift started when one group of board members wanted to increase match and competition shoots on weekends which leaves no ranges open for the general members. The other side wanted to make sure a number of ranges were open on weekends so members have the ability to shoot. When the pro-match side lost the vote, they refused to accept the results and started to work behind the scenes with un-sanctioned meetings to undermine the duly elected board members.

It also became apparent as we listened last night that both sides have made errors over the past months. One side has been extremely petty and did threaten a female member in writing, which could leave the club open to being sued.

There is some major rebuilding ahead so I encourage all members to attend the meetings over the next few months.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:06:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Good grief.  They already run plenty of matches, members that don't participate in matches will drop out if it gets any busier.  I guess it's all about the prestige and the money.  I was a member there 30 years ago and there was friction between people that wanted more matches and general members even then.

A friend of mine was a member of a club in NE Ohio and quit because it got to the point where they were running events every Saturday and Sunday, he could never just practice on his own.  Gee thanks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:29:10 AM EDT
[#10]
a Member but haven't gone this year except to a public match. Really sick the drama.

Limiting the number of ranges for matches seemed like a great compromise, and the matches are my favorite part of the range. But the amount of drama and whatnot is crazy. I didn't make it to the meeting last night as my daughter had a soccer game, so any after-action reports are welcome. I know the harassment of the female member was about the board member trying to tell her who to vote for during the board election, it wasn't  sexual harassment or anything like that. Supposedly they were telling people that Mark and friends wants to shut down the matches all-together, rather than the true intention of limiting the number of reserved ranges

Its really off-putting for a newer member like myself. And as right as Mark may be, his "law enforcement doesn't have to follow the rules" attitude really sucks. All because he is a cop himself.  The members do all the work on the ranges and pay dues. He takes rule violations very seriously and will announce them publicly and threaten legal action, but if a PD does something he just makes and excuse or says "we will ask them not to do it again."

When Groveport PD was using flashbangs and literal CS gas on our public ranges, setting fire to the berm, he down played the whole situation and brushed it off.  

They also use 40mm launchers with Pyro projectiles. So I asked at a meeting if I can use my 40mm launcher with inert rounds on the range, Mark laughed at me and said absolutely not "no 50 cals or bigger." No consideration that the max range is 350yds with a muzzle velocity about 1/3 or 1/4 of most handguns, or that 3 days before the police were shooting them all over the place.

I don't mind the police using their tools on the range, but the "rules for thee but not for me" bullshit needs to go away.

I don't need to be a member, I can shoot to 50yds in my backyard and probably 100+ at my neighbors. But I wanted to support the club and help with the kids programs and matches.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#11]
And I didn't mean my post to be a big Mark bashing rant, so sorry if it came out that way. He does a voluntary job I sure don't have the time or patience for. Just airing my grievances, which have no bearing over the current drama on who is right or wrong. Maybe ill be in a situation to run as a board member later on and straighten the rules out a bit. Itd also be nice to allow full autos on the shorter ranges (police are allowed to)
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#12]
So, what came of the meeting?  I used to be a member and pretty active but life got in the way for a few years and I let things lapse.  The infighting was starting back then and I can only imagine it has become worse.  It seemed like an old generation vs. new generation sort of thing.  Sad because it really is a nice club and does a lot for the community.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So, what came of the meeting?  I used to be a member and pretty active but life got in the way for a few years and I let things lapse.  The infighting was starting back then and I can only imagine it has become worse.  It seemed like an old generation vs. new generation sort of thing.  Sad because it really is a nice club and does a lot for the community.
View Quote

Im interested as well. The only issue I saw at a meeting before all this drama was FUDDs complaining about a competition shooter who was practicing moving and shooting. I will say that Mark the president did a good job of standing up to them and saying "did he break any rules? NO? then whats the problem?"
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 6:24:32 PM EDT
[#14]
This is a bit tongue in cheek, but a bunch of retired old guys with nothing better to worry about in their life causing drama!? Color me shocked…

This seems to happen in every organization/gun club where people have nothing else important in their life to worry about. Some dude who had an important career where he made decisions and was in charge, then he gets involved in the local gun club or whatever and it’s his last vestige of power. Bingo bango… drama. I’ve seen enough to recognize the pattern.

I used to be a member, got tired of taking a precious Saturday morning to go to an in person worthless safety meeting. Last one I attended I showed up about 2 min late. Got off late from the firehouse due to a late run…

Old Fudd almost wouldn’t let me in and was quite rude about it to boot. Sorry for being late on a Saturday for a meeting required by a club I pay to be member of.

If people can’t be safe and follow the rules, kick them out. Mandatory in person safety meetings aren’t going to fix idiots.

Anyway I shoot at my own place or Rayners when I want to stretch it out. Zero drama.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#15]
For anyone looking for a no-drama place to shoot, Zanesville Rifle Club is only $40 a year.  They're mostly organized around NRA/CMP High Power Rifle, but there's usually only 2 matches a month, leaving plenty of time for member access.  ZRC is a former National Guard range in Blue Rock State Forest with firing points from 100-300 yards and has traditional pits.  Pistol shooting is OK if you bring your own targets.  The only negative thing is there's only one range, so all shooting is from 200 yards, by default, unless you're alone or in agreement with everyone else to move.

Google Maps view
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 7:39:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For anyone looking for a no-drama place to shoot, Zanesville Rifle Club is only $40 a year.  They're mostly organized around NRA/CMP High Power Rifle, but there's usually only 2 matches a month, leaving plenty of time for member access.  ZRC is a former National Guard range in Blue Rock State Forest with firing points from 100-300 yards and has traditional pits.  Pistol shooting is OK if you bring your own targets.  The only negative thing is there's only one range, so all shooting is from 200 yards, by default, unless you're alone or in agreement with everyone else to move.

Google Maps view
View Quote

Participated in a machinegun shoot there a few years ago and was friends with the VP at the time. Not sure if he is still VP or not. Seemed like great people and a very safe place to shoot. I wish I was closer.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Google Maps view
View Quote

Agree with all of the above, great place to shoot and shoot matches
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#18]
update

PCSI Members,
First, I want to thank ALL of you for your support for doing the right thing and taking the club
back. For those that could not make the meeting there was an overwhelming turnout of members that took
affirmative action to regain control of the club from the group of corrupt Board Members.
I also want to apologize for the delay in sending out this email, but as with our website that was
hacked, our email service was also hijacked, right after the May meeting. We are aware who hijacked the
email service and taking action.
A Point of Order was immediately called by Mike Lyons concerning the motion that failed trying
to reinstate John Maple and Jason Conrad to their Board positions. The point was clear that both Sue
Haley and Gordan Riddle stated twice that the vote was a tie because they counted incorrectly, this was
heard by several members. Both Sue Haley and Gordan Riddle lied and made-up excuses. During this
Point of Order Pat Mahaffey was shouting over Mike Lyons and not allowing him to speak. Gordan
Riddle ended Mike Lyons’ Point of Order and Mike sat down. Mike Lyons’ Point of Order was ignored,
and John Maple and Jason Conrad were not removed.
Another Point of Order was made by Mike Cornell, Quoting Article V Section III of the PCSI
Constitution and By-Laws which states, “Ten (10) members (including 3 members of the Board of
Directors) in good standing shall constitute a quorum for a general meeting.” Mike Cornell informed the
corrupt Board of Directors, and the members present that he, Scott Hixon, and Rob Alan would be leaving
and going to the pavilion to have a general meeting to end all the illegal activity. Pat Mahaffey shouted
out “The Members have no authority to do that!” Pat Mahaffey stated this several times. At this point
80% of the members present stood up and exited the meeting and proceeded to the pavilion. While
members were exiting Pat Mahaffey was heard saying that “The Board Meeting was cancelled because
they did not have a quorum.”
Mike Cornell convened the general meeting with himself, Scott Hixon, and Rob Alan present as
Board members and well over 50 members present, they had a quorum.
PICKAWAY COUNTY SPORTSMEN, INC.
8100 US Highway 22 East
P.O. Box 248
Circleville, Ohio 43113
www.pcsirange.com Mike Cornell proceeded with the motion that had been tabled concerning the Vote of NoConfidence for Gordan Riddle, Pat Mahaffey, Sue Haley and Michael Blumberg, the motion was
discussed, and the Vote of No-Confidence was passed overwhelmingly. Gordan Riddle, Pat Mahaffey, Sue
Haley, and Michael Blumberg were fired and removed from their positions on the board of directors.
(Note Michael Blumberg resigned his position on the board at the March 18, 2021 meeting).
Another motion was made for a Vote of No-Confidence for Alan Lamb and Gary Byard. The
motion was seconded and there was discussion. The Vote of No-Confidence also passed overwhelmingly.
Alan Lamb and Gary Byard were fired and removed from their positions on the Board of Directors.
The members also restored Brenda Duncan and Mark Frontera to full Membership status and
nullified everything this corrupt board did during all their illegal meetings. When this group had their
secret meeting to plan the May 6th meeting, formalize the certified letters that were sent to Brenda Duncan
and Mark Frontera, and their plan to hire an attorney. Everything that was done at these secret meetings
and what followed is null and void and considered Fruits of the Poisonous Tree.
It is sad that this group went to all lengths to undermine the PCSI Constitution, By-Laws, Policy
and Procedures, Robert’s Rules, the Ohio Revised Code, and to retaliate against a female member of this
club to serve their own personal interest and agenda.
This is official notice that the Motion to reinstate John Maple and Jason Conrad FAILED AND
STANDS. John Maple and Jason Conrad are still suspended and are NOT permitted on PCSI property.
Immediate legal action will be taken against them if they enter PCSI property.
Again, thank you for taking the club back from this group of corrupt board members. The next
few months will be difficult but with everyone working together we WILL get back to normal.
The June general meeting will take place at the pavilion on Thursday June 17, 2021
starting at 7pm, there will be no Board meeting due to the lack of a quorum.
Respectfully,
Mark Frontera- President PCSI
Mike Cornell- Director #1
Scott Hixon- Director #5
Rob Alan- Director #6
PCSI Members That Wanted Their Names Attached to This Letter:
Kevin Kuhn, William Jackson, Nicholas Hixon, Michael Monks, Anthony Starcher, Jason Sparks, Kenny
Coleman, Rick Lear, Shirley Lear, Doug Burke, Mitchell Osborne, Jerry Dobbie, Jim Rothwell, Paul
Pressler, Daniel Schlueter, Ron Duncan, Justin Marteney, Mike Bulcher, Margaret McCullough, Paul
Anderson, Edward Spires, Evan Carrol, Angela Hixon, Jeff Raymond, Phil Whitmore, Pat Cherry, Rich
Hixon, Kay Cornell, Brenda Duncan, and Mike Lyons
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 3:46:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I got that email last night as well.

It really is crazy. And it makes me wonder what the motives were on each side.

I was at the meeting when this all came to light in november i think. Maybe it was October. Jason seemed liked he cared about the club a lot and has been there forever, but I don't know anyone there at all.

Even these emails just seem so accusatory and divisive. I really want to know what started all of this. Sure the debate about 4 or 5 reserved ranges for matches was supposedly the start. But that is an easy vote. This is turning into a civil war of the club.

What did Mark and company do to have a whole faction of directors conspire against him? Is there something deeper? Was there drama about the expensive clubhouse roof repair?

Im really impartial to either side as I came as an outsider and don't know all the facts. All I want is a place I can shoot all my guns and make friends. But they won't let me do that and I don't even know where the rule book is lol.

Any long time members want to help a newer member?

Whats the rules to using the clubhouse? Am I allowed to hang out in there to drink a coke after a hot day at the range?
I saw in the outdated membership pamphlet it says we have unrestricted access to the facility? Are any ranges able to be reserved by members for events other than matches?

Feel free to PM me. I do want to be more involved as I live less than 10 minutes away
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 5:59:04 PM EDT
[#20]
what it came down to was sour grapes... John Maple has been a member for 30 years easy... Jason is a good dude but all about the match shooing.. not caring much about open ranges for members.

many years ago you were lucky to get to shoot on a weekend as member. it would be wall to wall competitions. It's make big money for the club.  

Mark did not want to go back to the matches only format and John and Jason wanted other and so it began.  That is what I was told
I heard there was some money that was miss spent but cant confirm that one.  I think that is what the John and Jason permanent suspension was about   but cant confirm that one..
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:27:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
what it came down to was sour grapes... John Maple has been a member for 30 years easy... Jason is a good dude but all about the match shooing.. not caring much about open ranges for members.

many years ago you were lucky to get to shoot on a weekend as member. it would be wall to wall competitions. It's make big money for the club.  

Mark did not want to go back to the matches only format and John and Jason wanted other and so it began..
View Quote

I can  confirm this part as I was involved in years past with trying to get some ranges open on weekends for club members. The answer from Jason and John was always “if you want to shoot than join a match”, otherwise shut up.

I had no desire to do the tactical ninja speed shooting and just avoided the range on weekends. Once Mark was in office he worked to make ranges available for general shooting by club members on weekends. I really appreciate that. But the civility between board members has suffered since.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 8:08:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you for the insight.

I remember going to a multigun match about 4-5years ago with my wife. We used at least 5 or 6 of the 7 or 8 ranges at the time. Which included both ranges 7 and 8.

I can see that being frustrating!

I like the new 4 range per competition compromise. I definitely don't want the competitions to go away. But a balance is necessary. It seems like having weekday evening matches is a good solution I've seen at other ranges. Like Tuesday night steel challenge and such.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Just a reminder that the general meeting is tonight.  No board meeting.  Hopefully it will be calm, civilized, and maybe I can learn some useful info
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:20:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:45:01 AM EDT
[#25]
How'd the meeting go?
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Still a big split of confusion.  It seems the people that have all the power are the ones that shouldn't.

There was a "board of directors meeting" in the clubhouse. I accidentally went to that for a few minutes.  They say the members meeting that was going on simultaneously qt the pavilion was illegal, but idk how a meeting of members can be illegal. So I went down the hill to the pavilion.

Both sides have apparently talked to the sheriff and there are detectives assigned to the situation.  Control of club property is the biggest problem.  Luckily all the guns and stuff are accounted for and have been checked. Both sides tried to remove the others from the club bank accounts, so they are frozen and the club's bills can't be paid.

The last month or so when the club unanimously voted to hire a certain independent lawyer hasn't happened, instead the group of directors that were originally expelled somehow hired their own attorney to represent the club, against the memberships directive. No one knows how they paid for it and the lawyer is only answering to them.

Last night the membership voted to expel the rogue board from the club. But the problem is enforcement.  The rogue board changed most of the locks to the clubhouse, controls the email accounts and possibly the website. They made real power moves to stronghand themselves into keeping power. They even filed a report saying Mark possibly stole guns from the armory. Which was proven false.

The membership also voted to go ahead and present any evidence of wrongdoing to the sheriff dept. And let them sort it out. The option of hiring an independent attorney to settle the case civil, has been made impossible by the freezing of the bank accounts and refusal of the rogue board to follow the memberships unanimous directive.

Really a crappy situation.  Lots of new members (including me) very off-put by it and some just giving up.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
 Lots of new members (including me) very off-put by it and some just giving up.
View Quote

Glad to see another Arfcommer was there. After following this mess for the past few months I am far from giving up. If anything, after hearing Mark Thursday I am more determined than ever to get the rogue board banned from property.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 2:08:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Glad to see another Arfcommer was there. After following this mess for the past few months I am far from giving up. If anything, after hearing Mark Thursday I am more determined than ever to get the rogue board banned from property.
View Quote

I won't give up my membership, but I hardly shoot there as it is. I joined because I enjoy the matches and want to help out with the youth programs and such. Mark seems like a good dude, and it definitely seems he took the high road and has followed the wishes of the membership so far. I approached the meetings without picking a side, but it's really hard to see it with the "rogue board" being the good guys.

Pm me before the next meeting. I literally don't know any other members and we can chat about it if you want.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I won't give up my membership, but I hardly shoot there as it is. I joined because I enjoy the matches and want to help out with the youth programs and such. Mark seems like a good dude, and it definitely seems he took the high road and has followed the wishes of the membership so far. I approached the meetings without picking a side, but it's really hard to see it with the "rogue board" being the good guys.

Pm me before the next meeting. I literally don't know any other members and we can chat about it if you want.
View Quote

I have been a member for 25+ about 5 years ago I noticed some change starting...  I have always tried to stay middle of the road, but what happened to me put me on the WTF is going on side of the fence.  I had a heart attack right around membership renewal time. last thing on my mind was paying my dues..  around November that year i contacted the club and told them what happened and they said, since I missed a year the new rules was i could not rejoin unless I was sponsored? I was what the fuck is wrong with you ??? 25 years gets me nothing... ??? Got me a sponsor and and got back in... OK now the fun shit. they failed to mention that you need 50 work point to rejoin if you were a new member. Got  the email in December I could not rejoin again no work points. LOL I told the pompous ass hole to fuck off and fuck PCSI  

Ran into Mark at a gun show and he told me to come back next year that they were trying to get rid a couple of members / Directors that were making waves. I came back got my 50 points became full member again.. I have had nothing nice to say to the ass hat that told me i couldn't rejoin 2 years before... I hope he was one of the fucks that got booted

When they sent to email out that due to Covid new members could rejoin with out getting required work points.. I could only laugh,  So guy almost dies from heart failure, No rejoin !!  dont want you to get sick your GTG for next year ???
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Had another meeting last night. Things are not looking good. The rogue board members showed up in spite of the trespass notices they received, and held their own meeting while members held the regular meeting. They are refusing to hand over the bank records and access to the websites and the meeting minutes have also disappeared. The ex president John Maple tried to change all of the locks on club grounds without authorization. Thankfully the locksmith he contacted was friends with another member who let us know.

The sheriff is refusing to arrest anyone over trespassing so there really isn’t a mechanism to keep the rogue board members off property. The club bank account has been locked by the bank due to the conflict so no club bills are being paid. Nobody knows what the status is of the club funds, about $240,000, or if it is even in the bank account. Mark is frustrated. Last night is the first time It hit me that the club will most likely collapse and be shut down in the next few months. We have 320 members and only 40 showed up last night.
Link Posted: 7/16/2021 12:12:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 11:21:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, I let my membership lapse last year and sounds like I am missing all the drama. I'd definitely be on the side of limiting how many ranges can be used for matches, I remember back in the 90s when you essentially couldn't shoot on weekends because the matches took all the ranges.

I hope they get it all straightened out, it is a great club and I'd hate to lose it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:37:55 AM EDT
[#33]
They need to get a restraining order against them. That will keep them off the property, and violation of said order will Get them arrested..

It is privet property and the Pres and board members are responsible to keep it safe.   Mark is a Cop im sure he knows someone that can make that happen.

It look s like its all going to the court room very soon.
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#34]
Just got the email that John Maple and his illegitimate board have filed a lawsuit against Mark and the legitimate board of directors. A judge has issued a restraining order against the legitimate board banning them from club grounds. My mind is blown since there is copious documentation that John and his group have been voted out by the members. Not sure what to do next, it looks like John will be the illegitimate president moving forward and any action taken by members will be flat out ignored. Probably turn into a competition only club by the end of the year.

There is a meeting this Thursday but with the legit board banned and John’s group not allowing members to attend their meeting, I am not sure it is worth going. Merely posting here to let other members know what is going on.
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 10:53:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Went to the general members  meeting tonight. John Maple and his crew acted as the board of directors. They admitted they were not following the policies and procedures of the club but claimed to be acting in the best interest of the club. Any discussion of the lawsuit was shut down. No explanation given about some board members not being elected and merely appointed by a judge.

2/3 of those in attendance left after a lady stood up and declared tonight’s board was illegitimate. There is a court hearing this Tuesday at 2pm to address the restraining order issued against the duly elected board of directors. If anyone wants to attend it is at the Pickaway County Common Pleas Court in Circleville. Judge Knece presiding.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 8:08:49 PM EDT
[#36]
what a shit show.. how in the hell can a judge install a leadership that was not elected?

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
what a shit show.. how in the hell can a judge install a leadership that was not elected?

View Quote

My guess is he only heard one very biased side and made the ruling. I am hoping Mark and the legit board come out swinging Tuesday and present the facts. The meeting minutes alone show the rogue board was voted out of power. Frustrating situation.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Egos have gotten in the way of running what was once a strong and vibrant club.  They will spend club money on this petty fight and in turn deplete the resources set aside for growth and survival of the club and its purpose in the community.  In a time when outdoor ranges are being pushed out by outside forces, these clowns will manage to destroy the club from within.  I don't have a dog in this fight anymore as I voluntarily left the club prior to this debacle but I can't say I regret my decision at this point.  Hopefully they can right the boat before this gets to the point of no return.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 10:00:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Just got an email about a special election Sept 16 at 6 pm. Maybe this can fix this mess.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Just got an email about a special election Sept 16 at 6 pm. Maybe this can fix this mess.
View Quote

doubt it... only if the bad guys win, if the current duly elected guys win again the a holes will still be there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

The election is illegitimate and being done by the rogue board put in place by the judge. The only ones running are friends of the rogue board. The duly elected board members have been banned from property and cannot contact club members. So no, this won't fix squat and will further confuse members and the judge.

The first hearing in front of a magistrate to contest the restraining order against the legitimate board is 9/13 at 8 AM at the Pickaway County Court House. Please plan to attend if able.

I stopped by the court house and read the filing by the rogue board. I understand why the judge issued the restraining order against the legitimate board, the filing contained very one sided info making the rogue board sound like saints (shocking I know) and outright falsehoods against the legitimate board. But now the legitimate board has a lawyer and is finally mounting a defense, so hopefully the truth comes out. The members legally voted out the rogue board and we have the records to prove it. I hope the Judge gets pissed when he finds out he was lied to and issues a smack down against the rogue board.

ETA: The judge ordered the bank to grant access to the rogue board for the checking and saving account. The bank looked at the order and said the rogue board was voted out (they have copies of the vote provided by the legit board) and they did not feel comfortable allowing the rogue board access until legal proceedings were completed. As a result, the rogue board added the bank as a defendant in the lawsuit. So if a bank, with it's own law department, says the rogue board is wrong and is willing to defy a judges order, I have hope that the legit board will prevail.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 4:20:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Great update,  thanks....
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes, thank you very much for the additional info!  I will not waste my time driving down there for an illegitimate election and will wait for the courts to sort it out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Update on the 9/13 hearing, due to COVID the judge has stopped allowing observers in the courtroom. So only parties to the lawsuit are allowed in. If you were planning on attending thank you, but there is no need. An email will go out with an update when available.

Also, Sunday September 12 @ 4 pm there will be an informal get together at the picnic shelter at Hargus  Lake (A. W. Marion Park). The legit board will provide an update and there will be letters available telling the judge he placed the rogue board in charge for people to sign.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Update on the hearing today. Just heard from one of the legit board members and defendants who attended today’s hearing. It appears the rogue board’s plan is to stretch this out as long as possible with as many witnesses as possible and as much testimony as possible, and rack up as many legal fees as possible for the club to pay. The rogue board offered to drop the case if Mark resigned and left the club (thus nullifying the legitimate election by club members). The rogue board brought former club president Dave Nugen in to testify against Mark which was sad to hear. Dave was surprised when informed of the harassment committed by the rogue board against the legit board and other club members.

Testimony took all day, the plaintiffs didn’t get to all of their witnesses, and the defense didn’t even get a chance to present witnesses or testimony. So another hearing was scheduled for 9/23. The court did not rescind the restraining order so the legit board still can’t participate in club activities and the rogue board installed by the judge is still in charge. The illegal election scheduled for Thursday will continue.

John Maple has informed several members who signed letters in support of Mark and the legit board that they are no longer members in good standing and are banned from club grounds. Seems this will be the MO moving forward. Kiss John Maple’s rear or be removed from the club. This violates club rules that require a discipline hearing before a member can be removed.

At this point I hold no hope of a positive outcome for club members. John Maple is in charge now. He is on record being against general club members being able to shoot and is all about the matches. I expect he will move the club to an all match format ASAP.

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#46]
I've been to a few matches there. I hope it gets worked out. Soon.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Small update, the vote for new board members has been canceled for tomorrow. There will still be a general members meeting with the rogue board members leading. If you are a member, feel free to stop on out and let them know how you feel about the current state of the club.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:58:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Any new info?
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#49]
At the last board meeting a vote was taken to change all the locks.  No one bothered to tell the IDPA match director about the change so the 9/11 match got cancelled at the last minute.  That's all I got.
Link Posted: 9/26/2021 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Any new info?
View Quote

Unfortunately no. John Maple and the rogue board still have all authority and are moving ahead with a new election to fill the “vacant” seats created by the judge removing the legitimate board members.

The second day of court proceedings (should have been this past Thursday) was cancelled and we were not informed why, or if it was the magistrate, defendants, or plaintiffs that requested it. As of now there is no new hearing scheduled.

ETA: One small positive, at the last meeting the rogue board admitted no member of the club was currently not in good standing and all were welcome on club grounds (except those blocked by the judge’s order). This contradicted what several members had been told.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top