Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/29/2021 11:26:09 AM EDT
I just filed for unemployment for the second time in a year. (also the second time in 40 years)

Due to the massive number of fraudulent claims filed, Ohio is now (starting last week) requiring proof of identity from everyone, to be scanned and uploaded.

Understandable, until you see the list...

DL
SS card
Birth Cert
Second photo ID
Check stub, W2, or 1040
Utility or mortgage bill

Spouse's DL
Spouse's SS card
Spouse's Birth Cert
Marriage License

Children SS cards
Children Birth Cert

If direct deposit, a canceled check, showing your routing and account number.

Are you fucking kidding me?  You want Identity theft?  Because this is how you get identity theft.  

Link Posted: 4/29/2021 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait, it gets better.  I've been trying for hours to get this done.  Their web site will only allow you to upload one document, and tells you that once you hit send, you can't upload anything else.  Instead, they want you to send everything to an email address.  
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe it will keep my POS brother-in-law from scamming the govt out-of more money since he got fired (again) from his cushy state job.

I know he applied cuz the paperwork is showing up at the in-laws house.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I was laid off for one week (last week) and they sent me the same notice (can't even download it now)  Called and told forward 3 forms of ID (birth certificate, drivers license, and SS card) or no payment. I said I will probably not even bother with all that BS since it was only one week. Dude said well this could also affect last years lockdown payments and refusal to cooperate could red flag you for investigation. Just so you know.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was laid off for one week (last week) and they sent me the same notice (can't even download it now)  Called and told forward 3 forms of ID (birth certificate, drivers license, and SS card) or no payment. I said I will probably not even bother with all that BS since it was only one week. Dude said well this could also affect last years lockdown payments and refusal to cooperate could red flag you for investigation. Just so you know.  
View Quote

Refusal to ask the government for money could red flag you?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:51:42 AM EDT
[#5]
My employer worked a deal with them, since I was part of a mass layoff.  They compiled a list of names and last 4's of people in the layoff, and set it to ODJFS.  I haven't been paid yet, but I filed later in the week.  Others have been paid, though, so hopefully, I will be.

ETA: I did find out how to send the docs via the web site, though.  It will only let you upload one document, and it has to be TIF or PDF.  You have to paste all of the images of documents into one PDF file, and upload that.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Refusal to send 3 forms of ID now makes it look suspicious as in I must not have them and therefore might get investigated for last spring's payments because I haven't yet proven that I am me. That was my take from talking to the guy. Truth is there is no way I'm going to risk getting my ID stolen by whatever affirmative action idiots and ex-felons they hired to open the E-mails in Lima. No in-person visits to the office because of covid.  I wonder how many millions they will waste trying to track down the millions in fraud.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:28:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I heard Black people don’t have ID, this is so racist.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top