Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 4/28/2021 7:34:44 PM EDT
Sometimes it is hard to prop up old Ohio when talking to people about it.  I like this info-graphic. Figured I would share.

Attachment Attached File

https://ballotpedia.org/Party_control_of_Ohio_state_government
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I like Ohio, but with republicans like dewine, does it really matter?
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes it matters. We have absolutely no leverage over Democrats. We have some leverage over republicans. Don’t make the perfect the enemy of the good.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I get what you are saying but "good"? Hell, I'd settle for good; it'd be a vast improvement.

But yes, we have at least improved over the years as opposed to decline like so many others. I like Ohio.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:45:59 PM EDT
[#4]
9 to many
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:57:15 PM EDT
[#5]
...now, someone explain to me how the hell we have a commie senator, and hack, sherrod brown?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...now, someone explain to me how the hell we have a commie senator, and hack, sherrod brown?!?!?!?!
View Quote

It appears no one has figured that out except Sherrod Brown.

My best guess is he is really good at marshalling campaign money and then putting it to work effectively.

Another part of it may be simply name recognition on a ballot among voters who have not done their election homework.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Taft, Strickland, Kasich, Dewine - that entire row should be blue. Fuck, Strickland might have been the most red out of the 4.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It appears no one has figured that out except Sherrod Brown.

My best guess is he is really good at marshalling campaign money and then putting it to work effectively.

Another part of it may be simply name recognition on a ballot among voters who have not done their election homework.
View Quote

I think that is actually a pretty big part of it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 6:21:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Taft, Strickland, Kasich, Dewine - that entire row should be blue. Fuck, Strickland might have been the most red out of the 4.
View Quote

Lol, ain’t that the truth.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Yet, here we are...
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I get what you are saying but "good"? Hell, I'd settle for good; it'd be a vast improvement.

But yes, we have at least improved over the years as opposed to decline like so many others. I like Ohio.
View Quote

You're right, my mistake, I drunk posted that in haste
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:15:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone feeling good about winning a Million dollars?  
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 12:30:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anyone feeling good about winning a Million dollars?  
View Quote
It would be nice to see someone file a lawsuit asking for an injunction to stop the nonsense. Public money should not be allowed to be used in a lottery like this. I'd do it myself if I had the money to spend on legal fees.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top