Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2021 8:38:58 AM EDT
https://www.thisweeknews.com/story/news/2021/04/23/ted-golden-voice-williams-once-homeless-man-who-gained-fame-his-radio-voice-announces-run-ohio-gover/7348570002/

He gives a new meaning to "smooth talker".  He's cleaned up since the last time I saw a photo of him.  For a second I thought he looked like what Obama would look like in 20 years.

Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
asnt he homeless and an addict for a while?

I was at a hotdog place late at night on 4th st in Columbus when he walked in and boomingly announced "merry Christmas!" And then walked out. No one knew it was him til it clicked a few minutes later. This was probably 5 years ago. I assumed he was a little on the crazy side and that's why he was homeless for a while
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw him a couple of years ago.  He showed up at a Church in the evening looking for the food pantry. None of us were part of the church.  We were just using the hall for a meeting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 6:38:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Good to see he has gotten himself off the drugs and alcohol
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#4]
what makes you say that he has?  I havent seen anything either way
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good to see he has gotten himself off the drugs and alcohol
View Quote
Forgive me for being obtuse, but why is it a good thing that a Democrat and potential competitor who doesn't share any of our values or support our positions is finally off drugs and alcohol? I'd rather that he continue to be burdened by his own personal issues so he can't create personal issues for many more.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 7:56:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Forgive me for being obtuse, but why is it a good thing that a Democrat and potential competitor who doesn't share any of our values or support our positions is finally off drugs and alcohol? I'd rather that he continue to be burdened by his own personal issues so he can't create personal issues for many more.
View Quote

Get some help.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Being on drugs doesn't mean that he wouldn't still run and have a chance. Have you seen politicians?

Also, in the most selfish way of thinking, even you will understand that a sober person is much less likely to need free medical care and welfare type benefits, saving us taxpayers money. You know what narcan costs every time a paramedic saves a druggy?
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top