Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2021 8:41:36 AM EDT
Mine went up by $375/year.  Re evaluation of the market price.  I guess the county needs more money to keep the bloated bureaucracy funded

I still can't believe people still vote to fund the Zoo through property taxes. Of course the failing Schools get the largest cut from property taxes
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:01:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, every three years there's some kind of adjustment. Here's the calendar for all the counties:

https://tax.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/tax/government/real-state
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:54:11 AM EDT
[#3]
We went through re-valuations in CLE a few years ago.  That along with an increase in taxes.  The school levy that just passed is going to add more.  I'm starting to think that I wouldn't really be paying much more in the 'burbs at the rate that things are going but I haven't taken a hard look at it.  I understand that I benefit from services that cost real money, I'm good with that.  I also think that there is a ton of waste in the Cleveland system that could be cleaned up rather than just passing the collection basket more aggressively.  Such is life I guess.

I can't remember who said it but:  "If you ever think that you own your property try not paying your taxes..."
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm appealing the new valuation. I had a 50% increase in property value, and I haven't made any improvements in over 10 years. I am going to fight tooth and nail to keep from handing over another $1200/year.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:47:35 PM EDT
[#5]
This recently caused a big uproar in my community.  I'd love to know how that can reevaluate my property value without stepping foot on my property or inside my home??

It also pissed a bunch of people off that at the same time they are jacking our taxes up, there are tons of "townhouses" within a couple of miles of our neighborhood being built, with 5-10 years tax abatements.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This recently caused a big uproar in my community.  I'd love to know how that can reevaluate my property value without stepping foot on my property or inside my home??

It also pissed a bunch of people off that at the same time they are jacking our taxes up, there are tons of "townhouses" within a couple of miles of our neighborhood being built, with 5-10 years tax abatements.
View Quote

Sales prices of properties
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm pretty happy with my revaluation.  If I were going to list my house today as it stands, I'd be listing for about $125k more than the county revalued it.
View Quote

That's the funny part, if they actually saw what we have done to the inside, the price would be way higher.

They still jacked up our taxes, but not as bad as it could be.  Plenty of people are also complaining that they conveniently timed this while housing prices are way up and selling like crazy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:05:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 6:56:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Waiting for my bill to come. I'm gonna ask for a discount since the schools closed for almost the entire last half of the year.

Wish me luck! I'm sure I'll get a good laugh from my slave owner, I mean local Treasurer's office employee.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, mine just went up. I could get a Porsche Macan and make lease payments for what I pay. Time to move out into a rural community with low property taxes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got the bill a few days ago.

Went up 23%
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:14:25 AM EDT
[#13]
I know Franklin county in Columbus has an average %20 increase in valuation because of the market prices the last couple years
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just got the bill a few days ago.

Went up 23%
View Quote

Holy cow.  @ridgeline what county are you in?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Knox.

House improvements - New steel roof, added garage and porch, 2 fire levies and one school levy in 1 year.

It's painful.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Ours went up 15%. Most of it is going to schools.
County grows, we need more money for schools.
County shrinks, we need more money to cover losses.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Mine went up $393.74 for the year.

It’s for the children
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#18]
ours went up $600+ a year.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#19]
My house appraisal went from $84,000 to $135,000. Haven’t got the bill yet, but I’m already bending over in anticipation
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#20]
My property value went down 15% in appraisal letter received in July, just checked my property tax, comes down as well. Centerville, Montgomery county. It keep rising year after year, finally comes down!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Mine jumped $1200/yr Olentangy Local SD. I never did have any kids in the schools.. after 15 years here it's time to move.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Mine jumped $1200/yr Olentangy Local SD. I never did have any kids in the schools.. after 15 years here it's time to move.
View Quote

@MackDaddy1962  We're practically neighbors except my kids will be in Delaware schools.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:14:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
@MackDaddy1962  We're practically neighbors except my kids will be in Delaware schools.
View Quote

@bdover Sweet! We'll need to get together and shoot at the new Delaware range when the weather gets a bit better. I'm oh so looking forward to checking that out for sure.

Truth be told, I love it here. We built new in 2005. But now the property taxes are $740/mo. I just shucked the bastards $4400+ the other day. Ridiculous!

Stay safe & warm my brother
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:59:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Up 15%, back to same as it was before the the house market crashed.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:50:34 AM EDT
[#25]
If I'm reading my bill right, ours went down about 2k. Maybe because we shot down the school levy.... Again.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:26:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Our valuation went up 8% but our taxes went down $30 for the year.

My parents home valuation went up 23% and their tax bill went up 21% per year. They are retired and on a fixed income so it was a bit of a shock. The county auditor told them they were required to increase all homes in their county at least 20% due to some order from the Governor. We have tried to find more info online and all I can see is an article from Butler county that mentions the State asked for all valuations to increase 20%. They are supposed to be sending some info to my parents in the next few days on how to appeal, we will see what it says.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Found that article:

Butler County Info
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 9:33:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Our valuation went up 8% but our taxes went down $30 for the year.

My parents home valuation went up 23% and their tax bill went up 21% per year. They are retired and on a fixed income so it was a bit of a shock. The county auditor told them they were required to increase all homes in their county at least 20% due to some order from the Governor. We have tried to find more info online and all I can see is an article from Butler county that mentions the State asked for all valuations to increase 20%. They are supposed to be sending some info to my parents in the next few days on how to appeal, we will see what it says.
View Quote

My valuation went up over 20%.  We received the letter last year about the increase with the amount of increase but just received another letter with an even higher amount.  Letter states that the Ohio Tax Commissioner rejected the county's valuation approach as it wasn't aggressive enough.  We live in Montgomery Co.

Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:33:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Up 15%, back to same as it was before the the house market crashed.
View Quote

Quoted to add Preble Co.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Yep, mine went up too.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top