Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 3:10:01 PM EDT
At Vances Obetz today looking for new gun case... at the front counter area 9mm ammo fir 39.99 a box of 50 ... WTF
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:04:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard Vance's is breaking rule number one.

Never go full retard.

Been shopping at other places now.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
At Vances Obetz today looking for new gun case... at the front counter area 9mm ammo fir 39.99 a box of 50 ... WTF
View Quote

Yeah I walked in a place today looking for something else and seen 9 grabbed it and it was 39.99.

It will only get worse and expect 2 to 3 years before it even starts going back down.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I was in Sportsman's Warehouse today at lunchtime. The guns and ammo section was swarming with people. I counted around 40 or 50 people in that corner of the store. I found out it was because they had gotten a shipment of various types of 5.56 ammo ($12/20) and it was flying off the shelves.

They limit to 2 boxes per customer and one guy was loudly arguing with the store manager, trying to buy more boxes. It's getting insane.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#4]
One word, "Reload". Unfortunately for first timers, primers are out of stock. Bullets and brass cases can be found online. Powder is available here and there.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Freedom Munitions is selling .223/556 reman for $1.15/rd for 55gr M193
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Attended the Medina Gun Show last weekend.

Never saw such a long line waiting to get in. Cold 20*F weather and the line snaked down the parking lot, looped around the corner and then some. A guy coulda gladly made $1M selling piping hot coffee to those of us outside in line. Then, while freezing outside in line, scuttlebutt came down that the Medina Fire Marshall was only letting in some as some left. The "Max Capacity Crowd" deal. Face diapers required. Finally got in.

Don't you love the smell of fried onions, greasy donuts, and burnt coffee at 0900 with teams of guys wolfing down "Polish Boys" with the works early on?

Prices--there--one word: "STRATOSPHERIC!"

Powder starting at $35/lb.

Primer prices --out of this world: anywhere from $100 to (get this) $200 a thousand!

One guy had a table there with little packs of 100 primers at $20.00 each AND they looked like his Grandfather's cat has whizzed all over them. Back in 1920. Pack was stained, corroded, all funky looking. The guy was dead serious.

9mm was going for $500/$800 a thousand.

VERY
FEW
BUYERS

I was afraid to ask the price of the sausage sammich there--I only brought two of my CCs:

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:23:14 AM EDT
[#7]
$500/k of 9mm is a deal right now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:45:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$500/k of 9mm is a deal right now.
View Quote

$500/k is a steal, two weeks ago 9mm was staying right around 0.52/rnd on ammoseek.  Now it is near 0.70/rnd.
A friends store just found 100K rounds to buy it was over 500/k wholesale.  They are selling for just over $600/k which is a low markup for retail

JLE
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:09:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:44:52 PM EDT
[#10]
I have gift cards to Vances burning a hole in my pocket, I'd like to pick up a Ruger American .22 WMR to use for  a "mini sniper rifle" project but I'm not in the mood to deal with all the madness so I'll just try to wait for the rush to die down. It's probably wishful thinking though.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:53:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have gift cards to Vances burning a hole in my pocket, I'd like to pick up a Ruger American .22 WMR to use for  a "mini sniper rifle" project but I'm not in the mood to deal with all the madness so I'll just try to wait for the rush to die down. It's probably wishful thinking though.
View Quote

There had to been 50 people in line for guns before they opened good call I would wait as well
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top