Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2021 9:20:06 PM EDT
Hello Ohio Arfcom,

Looking for a gunsmith recommendation in the Columbus, Dublin, Galena area for my buddy who is new to the sport  (I am in Florida).

Simple stuff, scope mounting and bore-sight, replace pistol sights etc.

Any leads are appreciated!!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello Ohio Arfcom,

Looking for a gunsmith recommendation in the Columbus, Dublin, Galena area for my buddy who is new to the sport  (I am in Florida).

Simple stuff, scope mounting and bore-sight, replace pistol sights etc.

Any leads are appreciated!!!
View Quote

Simple armorer type stuff like that you can go to Blackwing in Delaware or Norton Sporting goods north of Delaware near the state shooting range .
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 9:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Kevin Wardle at New Albany Shooting Range does excellent work

[email protected]

(614) 940-6092
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Blackwing would be an easy choice to have them bite sight and mount the scope and he could then fine tune the scope st their range.  They also do pistols, but if it’s a Glock I’d recommend getting the nc star sight pusher and doing it himself.   I used YouTube and did 4 glocks in an hour last fall.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:38:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks a bunch!!!  Will pass along.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd second Kevin at AimHi/New Albany. He has done a lot of work for my family and is always top notch and reasonable. Also, fuck BWSC, they are overpriced snobs
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kevin Wardle at New Albany Shooting Range does excellent work

[email protected]

(614) 940-6092
View Quote

Kevin is a good guy and an excellent Gunsmith.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'd second Kevin at AimHi/New Albany. He has done a lot of work for my family and is always top notch and reasonable. Also, fuck BWSC, they are overpriced snobs
View Quote

@OHMR95B  Eh, for how close they are to me (less than 10 min) the time to travel anywhere else would be a break even to me.  That being said I'd rather youtube & do my own shit than pay them.  Hence whey I bought a sight pusher when I saw BW prices for it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:23:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Final update. My buddy will be bringing his stuff to Kevin next week. Thanks a bunch!!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:25:38 PM EDT
[#9]
What should I expect to pay for someone to assemble a slick side AR upper? I know it’s not that difficult, but I just don’t have the tools.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What should I expect to pay for someone to assemble a slick side AR upper? I know it’s not that difficult, but I just don’t have the tools.
View Quote

@tumbler  probably about the cost of the tools.  You could probably find someone fairly local to you to do it for beer I’d wager.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Good idea. I’ll post up to see. Thanks
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top