Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 8:08:36 PM EDT
In light of events the other day regarding go daddy taking down arfcom and the active censorship of sites and political figures, I thought it prudent to initiate another form of communication. My thought was to start a group on Telegram of members from NE Ohio. Is there any interest in this?

I know a lot of people come to arfcom for news and a lot used it for organizing for the VA rally. Not everyone uses Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter so my hope is to start a group for NE Ohio members that can provide us with a quick and direct form of communication as I expect more shenanigans to occur in the coming days.

I'm looking into Telegram because WhatsApp has very sketchy privacy issues lately. Also Signal only allows 1k members per group and I foresee things possibly getting bigger than that.

Afaik Telegram is available on all smartphones and is accessible from PCs as well for those of you that still don't have smartphones. At this time I'd like to limit the group to NE Ohio members but encourage anyone else to start one for your respective Ohio division, possibly even a statewide group for issues relating to the whole state.

If you'd like to be part of this Telegram group, PM me and I will send you the invitation link to the group.

Currently this will be done on an honor system but I would like to have verified or vouched for people in this group to avoid potential infiltration by those who seek to subvert goals of gun rights. This may be unrealistic but the way things have been going, this is something we should be cautious of IMO.

BTW i don't believe this is against any forum rules but if it is, please let me know.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 10:02:23 AM EDT
[#1]
There is already a battle buddies thread and a few others with Similar goals.  IMHO, the best option is every option.  Signal, FB, good ol FTF neighborly conversations, all of it.  Get to know the people around you and find those you need to know.  More often than not, you should expect to provide more support and assistance than you get in return.  You will earn trust and respect of others who will in turn be willing to help you in your time of need.  But that should be a normal daily life thing.  Trying to build those relationships when SHTF, is like trying to stock up on ammo now.  

There's a good bunch here in the HTF.  Get to know as many as you can in your AO and treat them like a good neighbor, it will pay dividends.

ETA Battle Buddies
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 3:47:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is already a battle buddies thread and a few others with Similar goals.  IMHO, the best option is every option.  Signal, FB, good ol FTF neighborly conversations, all of it.  Get to know the people around you and find those you need to know.  More often than not, you should expect to provide more support and assistance than you get in return.  You will earn trust and respect of others who will in turn be willing to help you in your time of need.  But that should be a normal daily life thing.  Trying to build those relationships when SHTF, is like trying to stock up on ammo now.  

There's a good bunch here in the HTF.  Get to know as many as you can in your AO and treat them like a good neighbor, it will pay dividends.

ETA Battle Buddies
View Quote

@AFCarbon15 Is this Battle Buddies on Signal? Will send the OP there info if it’s still active.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

ETA Battle Buddies
View Quote

Agree with all this and it's something i try to live by. I'll check out the link.

Quoted:

@AFCarbon15 Is this Battle Buddies on Signal? Will send the OP there info if it’s still active.
View Quote

Would like to know as well since i also use the Signal app too
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't know about the battle buddies, but some of us regulars in the HTF have it.  But the only people on ARFcom I am connected with on Signal are those I already knew personally through face to face interactions.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top