Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2021 6:16:33 PM EDT
Less than 90 days to go, and we will be able to have some nice knives here.  What are you looking at as a carry knife under the new rules?

I lived in Indiana when their knife law passed and I remember some nice products quickly coming to market.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have been carrying this one for about 5 years now...

Attachment Attached File

My only question will companies ship them to us and will companies like Vances here in central Ohio sell to us...
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Would like to have this one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#3]
In my opinion, side opening automatics are okay, but not really that useful.  I prefer being able to close a knife with one hand.  Hard to safely so that with a side openers.  If you're concerned with speed of deployment, get something with and emerson wave.

That being said,

I'm excited to see if Rick Hinderer has any auto designs he's going to bring out.

I like Protech for side openers.

I have a Benchmade Phaeton out the front auto that is really handy.  Easy one handed opening and closing.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/61504/knife_jpg-1776773.JPG

My only question will companies ship them to us and will companies like Vances here in central Ohio sell to us...
View Quote

I tried to buy a S&W Auto Knife from a place about 8 months ago and was told that I needed to be in a police dept with verification or active duty military with verification and authorization from a unit commander and all on verified letterhead
After that reply from a company that sells knives I gave up and just kept stuffing my spring assisted knife in my pocket. I can't even remember the website or company that I dealt with trying to buy an auto knife from so I will probably have to just wait and see if any become available in Ohio
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I tried to buy a S&W Auto Knife from a place about 8 months ago and was told that I needed to be in a police dept with verification or active duty military with verification and authorization from a unit commander and all on verified letterhead
After that reply from a company that sells knives I gave up and just kept stuffing my spring assisted knife in my pocket. I can't even remember the website or company that I dealt with trying to buy an auto knife from so I will probably have to just wait and see if any become available in Ohio
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might have been Knifecenter. BladeHQ has no such policy and will ship auto knives to Ohio.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Might have been Knifecenter. BladeHQ has no such policy and will ship auto knives to Ohio.
View Quote

Good to know!  Thanks!

I love that H&K pictured above.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:54:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Good to know!  Thanks!

I love that H&K pictured above.
View Quote

Everyone should be supporting River's Edge Cutlery in Hilliard.  Great group of guys.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:53:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Smoky Mountain Knife Works will not ship to OH either.

SMKW
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:10:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you Sir and I will check out BladeHQ on my next day off
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Though I'm glad to see the change I don't think that I'll be switching to an auto any time soon.  After taking a knife class geared toward CCW practitioners last year I have almost exclusively switched to a small fixed blade.  Getting a folder out of my pocket and deployed during a simulated gun-grab or grapple was just difficult and took a lot longer.  It was an eye opening experience for me.  My guess is that an auto would be easier to deploy but with the deactivating the safety then the button to deploy I still think that I'm better served with the little fixed blade that I've been lugging around with me lately.  That being said I do think that an auto would be great for someone who regularly needs a knife for work or recreational purposes.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:50:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I purchased a Boker Kalashnikov from BladeHQ this morning.   No issues shipping to OH.   It will sit unopened till the law goes into effect.  lol.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Old school classic utilitarian auto.  

Attachment Attached File

That said, I'll be getting a new Adamas 2750.  I've beat on my current 275 for years and it still works like new.  It's not my EDC, just any time I'm away from civilization.  Which is as often as possible.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 5:20:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Autos are great fun but OTFs get expensive quick
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top