Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 2:09:21 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds exactly like Medina today, prices and all. Got there 45 minutes before opening and the line was already long, by the time it opened the line was wrapped halfway around the perimeter of the parking lot. Lots of guns and ammo on the table but little worth paying scalpers prices for. I've never attended Yankee Lake before, is it a good show for milsurps?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds exactly like Medina today, prices and all. Got there 45 minutes before opening and the line was already long, by the time it opened the line was wrapped halfway around the perimeter of the parking lot. Lots of guns and ammo on the table but little worth paying scalpers prices for. I've never attended Yankee Lake before, is it a good show for milsurps?
View Quote

Wow! I was kind of disappointed that I didn't make it out today.

It sounds like I didn't miss much.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:28:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Went to vances Obetz earlier this week, 2hr wait just to see a salesman(I passed on that) did notice a few guys walking around with some of that $28 a box 9MM, couldn’t believe people were buying that stuff.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:40:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Went to vances Obetz earlier this week, 2hr wait just to see a salesman(I passed on that) did notice a few guys walking around with some of that $28 a box 9MM, couldn’t believe people were buying that stuff.
View Quote

I wish people would stop buying it.  Hopefully prices would come back down.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my thought.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:37:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Yesterday at OGCA I picked up a 200 round sleeve of Portuguese BF head stamp 7.62 NATO for $100 (not a bad price these days) and a sealed 240 round can of HXP 7.62x63 for $200. Me not being hip to current surplus 30.06 prices, I didn't think the HXP was a very good deal until I looked at Gun Broker completed auctions for the same thing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:47:59 AM EDT
[#9]
What really surprises me about this whole go round is that all ammo is damn near wiped clean, even bigger bore rifle rounds, shotgun ammo, if folks just back off for a bit and let the MFG catch up, let the shelves get replenished we might stand a chance at getting some descent priced ammo again, hell the MFG is probably paying a premium for materials and then having to pay there people OT to make it, we will never win in that scenario.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Won't happen until people have whatever they think they need.  This appears not to be a few people buying lots of ammo.  This is lots of people buying a little ammo.  Lots of new gun owners and many who buy a box or two at a time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What really surprises me about this whole go round is that all ammo is damn near wiped clean, even bigger bore rifle rounds, shotgun ammo, if folks just back off for a bit and let the MFG catch up, let the shelves get replenished we might stand a chance at getting some descent priced ammo again, hell the MFG is probably paying a premium for materials and then having to pay there people OT to make it, we will never win in that scenario.

Won't happen until people have whatever they think they need.  This appears not to be a few people buying lots of ammo.  This is lots of people buying a little ammo.  Lots of new gun owners and many who buy a box or two at a time.

I can see your point.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard $1,300 AK’s.  Was that true ?
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:42:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh.  I saw 9mm priced @ $48.00/50 rnd.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:00:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Meh.  I saw 9mm priced @ $48.00/50 rnd.
View Quote

@SatelliteMan  Holy cow.  Glad I haven't driven all the day down there just to look around.  I haven't gone to Blackwing lately, but last time I was there (pre Christmas) they had 9mm for $32/50.   If you guys are interested let me know & I can go check today if they still have some.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top