Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2021 3:25:44 PM EDT
Where are they??  I moved to Summit county about 8 years ago.  I started driving through the park almost daily on my way home.  Wheatley Rd exit to Everett, to Riverview, sometimes turned by Szalay's and took Akron Pennisula towards the valley......

I used to see deer by the dozens.  Now they are like hen's teeth.  I know they have done some culling, as I have seen guys in treestands along Akron Penninsula, but where the heck are all the deer?????
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm further north at the border of summit and cuyahoga at the top of the valley West side and still see plenty of them around me.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 2:16:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Still a ton in Cuyahoga County.  They eat all of my plants in the front yard.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Im sure there are still some around, but they are like ghosts...

A good example if the field on Everett by Riverview, where people park their horse trailers and ride horses.  I used to see multiple deer in that field every evening in the fall. Well over 20 on one particular evening.  Its now probably been 2-3 years since I have seen a single deer there now?

Something has changed.......
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 1:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
All those viscous hunters killing those precious deer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm further north at the border of summit and cuyahoga at the top of the valley West side and still see plenty of them around me.
View Quote

Same area and I see a lot.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Coyotes?  I've seen an uptick in coyotes, the past few years.  I also saw a ton of dead deer along I-71 this year, but I figured it was just because crews weren't working.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 11:49:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Finally saw one.  It was dead, along the side of the road, and had been picked on by coyotes from the looks of things.  Drove by it the next day, and it had been moved and picked on some more.  

I drive the entire National Valley from 303 south to "the valley", Sand Run Met Parks and Cascade Valley Met Parks on a very regular basis.  I'm just not seeing deer anywhere.....
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top