Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/2/2021 11:56:16 PM EDT
Damn, it's on about every channel and that Erin crying. Annoying.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:38:48 AM EDT
[#1]
They couldn't have picked a more off-putting bunch.

"Poor me: I had to watch someone die!"  Well, shit - I guess nursing isn't for you.

I know it seems insensitive, but it is such a bullshit appeal to emotion.  Nurses see people die all of the time.  Dying people ask hospital staff to hold their hands all of the time.  Lots of people die alone, and the ones dying alone in those nurses' hospitals are dying because of the hospitals' policies.

I'm not a GD flu-bro.  This commercial is still a load of shit.  No one is going to say "well, I thought COVID was a big conspiracy until I saw that it makes nurses sad!  I had better turn my life around."  If anything, it will make the doubters dig in, and the doomers even more pompous and self-righteous.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They couldn't have picked a more off-putting bunch.

"Poor me: I had to watch someone die!"  Well, shit - I guess nursing isn't for you.

I know it seems insensitive, but it is such a bullshit appeal to emotion.  Nurses see people die all of the time.  Dying people ask hospital staff to hold their hands all of the time.  Lots of people die alone, and the ones dying alone in those nurses' hospitals are dying because of the hospitals' policies.

I'm not a GD flu-bro.  This commercial is still a load of shit.  No one is going to say "well, I thought COVID was a big conspiracy until I saw that it makes nurses sad!  I had better turn my life around."  If anything, it will make the doubters dig in, and the doomers even more pompous and self-righteous.
View Quote

Couldn't agree more...
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I see they recently edited in a black woman because originally it was all white chicks. Can't have that, where's the Spanish and Asians  
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:14:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I've only heard it on the radio, and after hearing it once, I flip channels when it comes on. I'm a nurse.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Gotta keep pushing the propoganda to keep people believing the scam
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]
More pompous bull from Dictator DeWine and the ODH (Ohio Despot Helpers). But I guess it plays well with the gun-grabber mommy-commie crowd, since it keeps them screaming about wearing masks. Heck, I even had a person tell me off at Costco for buying a bunch of food for a party, err, "gathering of less than 10 people, ending before the 10pm curfew" . (Well, 10pm Pacific Time...)

I hope we have someone who can run against DeWine in the primary, should he run for re-election. If this moderate is the best person that can pass for a conservative, the Ohio GOP sorely needs help.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Wife and I turn it off every time it comes on.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#8]
I am so glad I gave up on TV years ago
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Chick crying at the end is so fake. I mute or change as soon as it comes on.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:34:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Stepping back into the OH forum here... one thing most of us older (like.10 years on the job) nurses see and agree on is that the new social media raised nurses both suck at their job and also view their job as a heroic calling. Complaining all the time about the workload and how wore out they are taking care of sick people, you know that job we knowingly signed up for... I mean, I've yet to hear a trashguy complaining about the amount of trash he picks up..... Virtue signaling and lack of critical thinking is fucking scary in this industry now....
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:43:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Everyone wants a fucking trophy for doing the job they signed up for. Used to get called out in all weather at all times. Blizzard, Tornado, cold as Billy Hell. Mean Dogs. Cockroaches. Fleas. Hookers. Drug Dealers. It was called DOING YOUR FUCKING JOB.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Virtue signaling and lack of critical thinking is fucking scary in this industry now....
View Quote

This entire generation. As Chris Rock said, some people always want credit for stuff they're supposed to do. "What you want, a cookie?"
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Stepping back into the OH forum here... one thing most of us older (like.10 years on the job) nurses see and agree on is that the new social media raised nurses both suck at their job and also view their job as a heroic calling. Complaining all the time about the workload and how wore out they are taking care of sick people, you know that job we knowingly signed up for... I mean, I've yet to hear a trashguy complaining about the amount of trash he picks up..... Virtue signaling and lack of critical thinking is fucking scary in this industry now....
View Quote

Same in my industry. It’s quite infuriating and embarrassing for the rest of us!  Thank you for having the stones to be honest.

P.S.- that commercial is BS aimed at getting us to line up and take the vaccine without asking questions, like good little sheeple. It blows!
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:52:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Same in my industry. It’s quite infuriating and embarrassing for the rest of us!  Thank you for having the stones to be honest.

P.S.- that commercial is BS aimed at getting us to line up and take the vaccine without asking questions, like good little sheeple. It blows!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, I've gotten into it with several nurses in GD about the "covid workload"... we signed up for taking care of the sick... we (nurses) need to shut the fuck up, clock in, do the work we went to school for, and go home. Like every other industry... we're not special in any way, nor should we be.....
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:01:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I couldn’t agree with you more. Been doing it for 16 years, and I wish I’d have gotten into home health care much sooner than I did. Hospitals are the dregs

ETA: even home health care isn’t without its issues, of course, but it sure as shit beats any of the units. And yes, I can’t stand those damn COVID PROPAGANDA commercials.

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This entire generation. As Chris Rock said, some people always want credit for stuff they're supposed to do. "What you want, a cookie?"
View Quote

Participation trophies.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#17]
It’s the only commercial on 97.1 in Columbus.  I can’t stand it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top