Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 11/29/2020 4:05:53 PM EDT
Just went pheasant hunting for the first time, and what a blast this place was. 8 bird hunt was $240 I believe and $15 a bird after that. They’ll process the birds if you don’t want to for $2 a piece. They paired us up with Mick, a guide who has been hunting longer than I’ve been alive. His dog was well trained, and did a great job getting us set. We had all 8 down in the first 35 minutes, both my buddy and I were shooting really well. Ended up with 14 birds by the time we were done, it was hard to say when to stop lol. Will definitely be making another trip, might do a combo quail/pheasant hunt next time.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yepp great place to hunt... Next time if you have not already done so...  ask to use the old farm... it's down the road a bit.

We did the Combo Hunt Phes Quail and chukar,,  my dog whet nuts.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:26:42 PM EDT
[#2]
^^^^ Awesome picture

I believe we did hunt the old farm. We made a left out of the driveway and went about a mile down on the right if that’s it.

I forgot about the Chukar, he said those were fun to hunt as well
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:39:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool, I’ll keep this place in mind.

Definitely try some Chukars next time. They are fun to hunt.????

ETA: ..and good to eat.
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^^^^ Awesome picture

I believe we did hunt the old farm. We made a left out of the driveway and went about a mile down on the right if that’s it.

I forgot about the Chukar, he said those were fun to hunt as well
View Quote

Yep that's the farm...

take a bottle of Italian salad dressing and 2 table spoons of A1 sauce and marinade for about 30 minuts... then bake at 325* for about 30 min. you will love it..

and that Britt brought up every one of those birds... to bad she 9 now... still hard after just cant go the long haul anymore...

If your near central Ohio Loan oak in Delaware now has chukar as well
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 5:06:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep that's the farm...

take a bottle of Italian salad dressing and 2 table spoons of A1 sauce and marinade for about 30 minuts... then bake at 325* for about 30 min. you will love it..

and that Britt brought up every one of those birds... to bad she 9 now... still hard after just cant go the long haul anymore...

If your near central Ohio Loan oak in Delaware now has chukar as well
View Quote

Awesome, thank you. Haven’t looked up any recipes but I’ll tell that one to the wife.

I’m in Cincinanti, but wouldn’t mind to make a drive
Link Posted: 11/29/2020 8:27:54 PM EDT
[#6]
My relatives own Cherrybend I might be biased but they are great folks! Great place for bird hunting or training your dog, sporting clays too!
BTW Operation Cherrybend does a yearly benefit for veterans. They sponsor live country music some past acts were Joe Difficult, Daryl Worley and others. Great place for veterans to heal and unwind. Check Operation Cherrybend out.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:20:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Where are they located?
View Quote

Wilmington area

2326 Cherry Bend Rd
Wilmington, OH  45177
United States
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My relatives own Cherrybend I might be biased but they are great folks! Great place for bird hunting or training your dog, sporting clays too!
BTW Operation Cherrybend does a yearly benefit for veterans. They sponsor live country music some past acts were Joe Difficult, Daryl Worley and others. Great place for veterans to heal and unwind. Check Operation Cherrybend out.
View Quote

I was eyeing the five stand but didn’t have enough ammo with us. They were telling us about the summer setup which seemed very nice as well.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ah, opposite corner of the state.  It looks nice.  Locally we go to Colebrook Ranch, but they only do Pheasant.
View Quote

How is Colebrook? I’ve seen their signs up in various spots around Ashtabula County.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:33:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ah, opposite corner of the state.  It looks nice.  Locally we go to Colebrook Ranch, but they only do Pheasant.
View Quote

The states not that big
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Off topic but wondering about the Boar hunting down Southeast of Columbus.  Anyone have an experience with them
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 2:19:20 PM EDT
[#16]
The last time I hunted Cherry Bend they put us in a field that hadn't been cut down at all.  My legs still hurt from that outing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Off topic but wondering about the Boar hunting down Southeast of Columbus.  Anyone have an experience with them
View Quote

I didn’t even know there’s a place local that did that until I just looked it up. I’d have a hard time paying that much for one hog, but it is close. There’s a member on here that runs hunts in Georgia if you’re looking for a good time

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/30/2020 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Going to have to find someone in the Vinton County area.. Most activity is in that area
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 10:50:50 PM EDT
[#19]
there's another one down in that area, Arrowhead Pheasant Club, on the east side of Cowan Lake.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Love cherry bend. And I’ll second that Mic is a great guide. I’ve hunted with him many times. I’ll also second the clay ranges as a great time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2020 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#21]
That's not Wilmington, that's Melvin Ohio.

Home of The Melvin Stone Company.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Attachment Attached File

Another great trip today. The wife got me a hunt for Christmas. She talked about wanting to go and did a great job. We bagged 8 pheasant and 6 chukar. She probably had 6 of them, and only missed one all day. It was also her first time ever hunting
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/325907/51065367-BBED-4164-B38F-AF66DC54A298_png-1782711.JPG

Another great trip today. The wife got me a hunt for Christmas. She talked about wanting to go and did a great job. We bagged 8 pheasant and 6 chukar. She probably had 6 of them, and only missed one all day. It was also her first time ever hunting
View Quote

She's a keeper!  
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 4:16:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

She's a keeper!  
View Quote

That’s for sure, hopefully she keeps those blinders on to stay with me
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top